Fishing Get together for everyone.

Guest cornish Busdriver

Guest Damien

Sorry guys, not got any spare gear but can report on the fishing at Moana. Managed a two hour pass today, well it was my birthday :). Went down this arvo and caught loads! Used mullet mix on a paternoster rig, lobbing 30m into the surf. I have never caught so many fish from the beach: silver whiting, mullet and heaps of tommies, loads of double headers!

Nice and easy for the kids, should be a good day:jiggy:

Damo:jiggy:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cornish Busdriver

Just a reminder.

The fishing get together and competition is on Saturday 24th July at Moana Beach, kicking off bout 9am ish and entry 6 pack of beer.

Prizes; All the beer, $30 voucher from www.Auseelife.com.au , Fishing rod and reel combo, other bits of fishing tackle from Angler choice and i think maybe a set of made to mesure chest waders.

Open to all no-matter if you fish or never fished before, male, female and kids, everyones welcome.

Please remember its a dog beach so keep bait covered and keep all tackle not being used tucked away.

Guest Guest75
im not too good at fishing, very rarely catch anything, any tips on what i should buy, what sort of tackle???

You'll get some tips on the day. If you are lucky enough to have a decent local tackle shop they should kit you out for what you need.

It will depend if you are jetty or beach fishing - the rods and to some extent the reels are completely different.

I'll have shorter rods on the day (wanna borrow one?) plus my longer beach rod. It takes some mastering does the beach rod with an overhead,easy to birds nest it (I'm famous for doing it!!)

Guest Scrappin' Julie
Just a reminder.

The fishing get together and competition is on Saturday 24th July at Moana Beach, kicking off bout 9am ish and entry 6 pack of beer.

Prizes; All the beer, $30 voucher from www.Auseelife.com.au , Fishing rod and reel combo, other bits of fishing tackle from Angler choice and i think maybe a set of made to mesure chest waders.

Open to all no-matter if you fish or never fished before, male, female and kids, everyones welcome.

Please remember its a dog beach so keep bait covered and keep all tackle not being used tucked away.

Thanks for the clarification! Was feeling ignored :err:

Guest Guest75
Thanks for the clarification! Was feeling ignored :err:

It is more of a social event than serious fishing Julie.

It's a great idea of Matt's,it should bring a lot of people together who perhaps have not made many friends here yet. Plus show the basics of fishing here,so many want to have a go and take their families fishing. Hopefully it will give plenty of confidence .:)

Guest Scrappin' Julie
It is more of a social event than serious fishing Julie.

It's a great idea of Matt's,it should bring a lot of people together who perhaps have not made many friends here yet. Plus show the basics of fishing here,so many want to have a go and take their families fishing. Hopefully it will give plenty of confidence .:)

I am glad it's not deadly serious as I would be out of my depth! Looking forward to meeting you all :wubclub:

You'll get some tips on the day. If you are lucky enough to have a decent local tackle shop they should kit you out for what you need.

It will depend if you are jetty or beach fishing - the rods and to some extent the reels are completely different.

I'll have shorter rods on the day (wanna borrow one?) plus my longer beach rod. It takes some mastering does the beach rod with an overhead,easy to birds nest it (I'm famous for doing it!!)

thanks, i got a rod i bought from big w, sure it will be ok, medium size!!! what sort of line should i use??? In england i used to use 10lb line for carp but the line i got the reel here looks like it could drag in a bloody whale!!!!

Guest Guest75
thanks, i got a rod i bought from big w, sure it will be ok, medium size!!! what sort of line should i use??? In england i used to use 10lb line for carp but the line i got the reel here looks like it could drag in a bloody whale!!!!

Is the reel an eggbeater or overhead?

12lb line is a good average weight to have I'd say - a bit all purpose.

Light line does mean you have to "work" the drag and fish more.

I've 20lb on my boat rods - needed it today with what I caught.

Report on that later when my friends emails me the pics. :):):):)

Guest Damien

You bugger Russell, another big snapper then :notworthy:

Anyway, we're not gonna get anything like that in the comp. Will still be great fun tho, can't wait!

Small rods, light lines (6kg mainline, 8lb leader) and small hooks (size 8) are the gear to go for. I reckon somebody needs to bring a smoker for the tommies on the day, will be a nice treat :)

Guest Guest75
You bugger Russell, another big snapper then :notworthy:

Anyway, we're not gonna get anything like that in the comp. Will still be great fun tho, can't wait!

Small rods, light lines (6kg mainline, 8lb leader) and small hooks (size 8) are the gear to go for. I reckon somebody needs to bring a smoker for the tommies on the day, will be a nice treat :)

I'll bow to you guys who beach fish on the LB line.

I'll bring my smoker ;)

Guest cornish Busdriver
Hi - is this just a blokes jolly' date=' or can a fishy bird and her daughter join in too? I am desperate to pick up some tips as I have spent many an arvo on the jetty are ON without success... Would love to borrow 1 rod (I have 1 beach rod already) and will chip in for bait (If I can come play that is... I will not take offence if it's a male thing though :rolleyes: )[/quote']

Hi Julie.

Im off down Moana fishing this Saturday morning bout 9am ish if ya wanna come down and grab a few tips.

Im also at Seaford rise so could pick you up on the way if ya wanna come.

Matt

Guest cornish Busdriver
would a hand line do?? let us know what date,sounds great!

Saturday 24th July.

Kicking off around 9am ish.

Rod and reel would be best.

Guest Scrappin' Julie
Acually looking at the forecast for this saturday might give it a miss.

Gonna be very wet and extreamly blowy.

:biglaugh: no worries - next time would be great Mat!

Guest cornish Busdriver
:biglaugh: no worries - next time would be great Mat!

No worries Julie.

Where bouts in seaford rise are ya, im on Grand Blvd.

Might be going on sunday morning as winds are dropping quiet a bit and only 20% chance of a shower.

Guest Scrappin' Julie

I am on Grand Bvd too!!! Small world - will PM ya! If the bloody burglars see 2 of us are out fishing on Sunday they may take a drive down our road lol!

Just to say I've emailed/messaged you as your PM is turned off.

Guest cornish Busdriver
I am on Grand Bvd too!!! Small world - will PM ya! If the bloody burglars see 2 of us are out fishing on Sunday they may take a drive down our road lol!

Just to say I've emailed/messaged you as your PM is turned off.

Hi Julie.

Just email ya back and added you to my contacts ok.

Matt