adelaide - english climate

Guest Nomoreengland

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nomoreengland

Firstly, this is a message to all those people ho have added a message who are still int he UK - its pathetic that you are making a big deal about the snow. The fact is England very rarely gets any snow so its not like its normlly as cold as it is at the moment.

Also, the reason the majority of english people migrate to Australia is for a better climate. Whether in past years Adelaide has been warmer is irrelavant. The fact is since ive been here adelaide a simular climate to the UK - its summer and today is 18 degrees, windy and raining.

£verytime the weather channel comes on Adelaide is the coldest city in Australia. For those of you that are migrating to adelaide and have never been - dont expect an outdoor lifestyle.

If you want a better climate than england DONT move to Adelaide or Melbourne as even in the summer you have to wear a coat in the evenings....and please please fo those of you over here - stop lying by saying its been 46-47 degrees. As i keep saying- the hotest day ever was 46 degrees which was in 1939. This is not a wikpeadia make-up but is on every climate statistical site - therefore anyone who says they have been in 46 degrees in the last 70 years is totally exaggarating.

Guest Nomoreengland

[total rubbish- ever since ive moved here the forecast a week in advance says its goona be 34 degrees and then when it comes 2 days before that day it ends up being 18 degrees. 10 days ago it reckonond today was goona be 33 degrees and its 18 with a windy chill factor which makes it feel like about 5 degrees.

QUOTE=Diane;153834]Here you are, courtesy of Deborah5 who kindly gave me the link - the forecast for the next two weeks: Adelaide, South Australia, Australia extended 2 weeks weather forecast

Just civilised I think - in the low 30's :D

Guest Guest5035
Firstly, this is a message to all those people ho have added a message who are still int he UK - its pathetic that you are making a big deal about the snow. The fact is England very rarely gets any snow so its not like its normlly as cold as it is at the moment.

Also, the reason the majority of english people migrate to Australia is for a better climate. Whether in past years Adelaide has been warmer is irrelavant. The fact is since ive been here adelaide a simular climate to the UK - its summer and today is 18 degrees, windy and raining.

£verytime the weather channel comes on Adelaide is the coldest city in Australia. For those of you that are migrating to adelaide and have never been - dont expect an outdoor lifestyle.

If you want a better climate than england DONT move to Adelaide or Melbourne as even in the summer you have to wear a coat in the evenings....and please please fo those of you over here - stop lying by saying its been 46-47 degrees. As i keep saying- the hotest day ever was 46 degrees which was in 1939. This is not a wikpeadia make-up but is on every climate statistical site - therefore anyone who says they have been in 46 degrees in the last 70 years is totally exaggarating.

Record hot spell in Adelaide - Bureau of Meteorology - Media Release - South Australia - Adelaide

clears a few things up

stevo

Guest guest3462

You are such a wind up merchant. Do you actually believe all this stuff you come out with, are you actually even aware of how odd your comments always come across? Your life must be so out of the norm for anyone who lives in Australia. Even today isn't that bad, yes its raining and windy but still warmish (compared to most of Europe and the USA) and you can still get about your daily business stress free.

As for Adelaide being the coldest city on the weather channel, we often comment that Hobart always looks like its having a worse time than us! The outdoor lifestyle comment again very bizarre - how can you not have an outdoors lifestyle here, cycling, walking, kayaking, camping, fishing, running, playing on the beach???? You don't participate in any of these? What exactly do you do with your spare time apart from sit on here rubbishing everything and everyone else??????

Finally, we are only 3 weeks into the summer and as afore mentioned we have entered a very welcome (especially for agricultural professionals) cooler weather front. When you have actually experienced an Adelaidian summer you will eat your words regarding having to wear a coat in the evenings - often people post on here about sleeping under wet sheets just to cool down.

Looks like i've taken the bait again, but you honestly do fascinate me with your bizarre chelping on in what could be useful posts to people actually needing decent advice!

I look forward to your replies and to your future posts with amazed but strangely compelled to keep looking interest!!!

Guest guest3462
thought i was good at winding people up but NMEgoes to the top of the list, not only on this thread but the salary in oz one.

stevo

Yes most interesting isn't it, at least I have some form of mild entertainment today while the kids are making a mess of the dining table making xmas decorations! I do enjoy it even if I do almost always fall for the wind up! lol!

Guest pauljoinoz

Don't think it can be compared to an english summer 1st week of the school holidays & we have had a day at the beach = FREE a day at the wooden fort = FREE & a day at Belair National Park $8.50 for me & another family I am sure I remember spending a fortune in the Uk trying to amuse my son in the summer school holidays due to it pouring with rain most days! May not be the warmest at the moment but nice enough to be able to enjoy the outdoors rather than sat in front of the Tv! Which I think is most families reason for emigrating to enjoy the outdoor life!

Guest Nomoreengland

Church,

Im not trying to compare the climate against winter in europe or the USA - that is an unfair comparison. And yes, you can do outdoor activities here just like any other place, but all im saying to people who are planning to migrate here is dont assume that Adelaide is warm in the summer like the rest of australia as its not. even in a arm summer spell (according to average statistics) adelaide most of the time drops to about 14 or 15 degrees at night time. How many evenings in the last 6 months have you been able to sit outside eating without having to wear a jumper or coat?

As for you being glad about the cool period and pleased for the agricultual industry - to be honest if you want it to be a cool climate then why did you could of just stayed in england. Also, Im not that concerned about farmers. Infact, i wish Australia would just imprt their produce from Asia or somewhere and then at least the of a collyfloer ould be reduced from $4.40 to about 50 cents.

You are such a wind up merchant. Do you actually believe all this stuff you come out with, are you actually even aware of how odd your comments always come across? Your life must be so out of the norm for anyone who lives in Australia. Even today isn't that bad, yes its raining and windy but still warmish (compared to most of Europe and the USA) and you can still get about your daily business stress free.

As for Adelaide being the coldest city on the weather channel, we often comment that Hobart always looks like its having a worse time than us! The outdoor lifestyle comment again very bizarre - how can you not have an outdoors lifestyle here, cycling, walking, kayaking, camping, fishing, running, playing on the beach???? You don't participate in any of these? What exactly do you do with your spare time apart from sit on here rubbishing everything and everyone else??????

Finally, we are only 3 weeks into the summer and as afore mentioned we have entered a very welcome (especially for agricultural professionals) cooler weather front. When you have actually experienced an Adelaidian summer you will eat your words regarding having to wear a coat in the evenings - often people post on here about sleeping under wet sheets just to cool down.

Looks like i've taken the bait again, but you honestly do fascinate me with your bizarre chelping on in what could be useful posts to people actually needing decent advice!

I look forward to your replies and to your future posts with amazed but strangely compelled to keep looking interest!!!

Guest Martin and Val
thanks Stevo - now all of you who reckond you have been here when its been 46-47 degrees are clearly misleading people.

Stevo, said that this should clear a few things up. May I suggest you read it again?

Hope you have a good summer, because when it hits you you'll know about it!

Record hot spell in Adelaide

Adelaide has just endured its 17th consecutive day with a maximum temperature at or above 30°C. This is the longest spell of temperatures above this mark ever recorded in Adelaide, the previous record being 14 days in 1956 and 1930.

The hot spell also included an official heatwave (5 consecutive days or more at or above 35°C) of 8 days, from 13 February to 20 February. During this heatwave the maximum temperature peaked at 44.3°C on 14 February, the hottest ever February day in Adelaide and the third hottest day ever experienced in Adelaide. The hottest day in Adelaide was 12 January 1939, when temperature reached 46.1°C. The hot weather was experienced across the whole state, with most centres breaking long standing temperature records for February. The highest temperature recorded in South Australia during this period was 47.9°C at Marree on 16 February, and is the highest temperature recorded in South Australia for February, although it does equal the temperature recorded at Tarcoola on 17 Febraury 1992.

Guest guest3462
Church,

Im not trying to compare the climate against winter in europe or the USA - that is an unfair comparison. And yes, you can do outdoor activities here just like any other place, but all im saying to people who are planning to migrate here is dont assume that Adelaide is warm in the summer like the rest of australia as its not. even in a arm summer spell (according to average statistics) adelaide most of the time drops to about 14 or 15 degrees at night time. How many evenings in the last 6 months have you been able to sit outside eating without having to wear a jumper or coat?

As for you being glad about the cool period and pleased for the agricultual industry - to be honest if you want it to be a cool climate then why did you could of just stayed in england. Also, Im not that concerned about farmers. Infact, i wish Australia would just imprt their produce from Asia or somewhere and then at least the of a collyfloer ould be reduced from $4.40 to about 50 cents.

You really do make me laugh out loud!!

Firstly my user name is not Church, it is Churchj1 and my name is Julia, i find it offensive that you cannot be bothered to address me correctly when you are trying to intimidate me!

You appear have no compassion for others or for this great country. It is a terrible shame as you have been lucky enough to have been given the chance to embrace it when others are struggling to even get the opportunity. I would love to ask the question why you remain in what you seem to think is a dreadful and expensively cold country when there must be somewhere in the world a place that could offer you whatever you want out of your lifetime.

I have never in any of your posts read of any positive thoughts or opinions and it seems that you thrive only on trying to upset others. You do not upset nor intimidate me. Your ideas are ridiculous (sorry if you are offended by this but im sure it is the thoughts of others where I am mouthy enough to say it) and I am certain that no reader or potential immigrant to Australia who are spending both lots of time, money and research into moving here will give your childish "advice" time of day.

It does make for entertaining reading on a blustery sunday but honestly if you think you are helping people by abusing this forum in in the manner that you constantly do, then it stands only to say that those hoping to find correct and useful information through this forum will be turned off and disappointed you are in the wrong.

On a much lighter note I do miss Wurzel.

I am thinking of setting up PIA group demanding we bring back Wurzel.

Any takers!!!!!

And with regards to the above comments about posters working in caring professions NOT.... that was bang out of order.