SA Visa lodged and waiting thread :-))

Guest littlem

Guest SusieOR
I am just worried my agent will go off on one as they were against me our them contacting them!

I will send the email tonight.

So hope we hear tomorrow :) x

Dont worry about your agent... if you email them & it results in you getting a big fat yes... your agent will be finished with anyway???????????????

Send them a mail... & good luck with it....

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest teamV
Nice one Kev - we'll be leaving the doc's and heading for the nearest bar too!!

Jen

I drove down to the trafford center ,Vicky drove home .We are back to waiting again now ,hopefully for our meds to be loaded up and the police checks to arrive back,as with every one on here, were used to waiting:)

Kev.

Guest Claire

I emailed DIAC last night they got back to me saying they have my police checks and these were received the 17th of May.

Woke up this morning expecting the visa or at least a decision and still nothing haha. Everything on the checklist is met, medicals have been finalised now for 3 weeks, what else can they be waiting on?

Claire

Guest nic-manchester
Hi,just like you said ,the doc was great ,we parked out side.so we've gone to tgi Fridays for a meal and a few pints ,as I've been off the drink for weeks:D

Kev.

Well done the waiting commences again now!!! good luck

Nicola

Guest Claire
Hi Claire, they still have an hour to work. Maybe they will press button before they go home.

Good luck, Stephen

Hiya, do they I thought they finished at 5pm?

Thanks Claire

Guest natmark
Hiya, do they I thought they finished at 5pm?

Thanks Claire

I think they do but if I'm not mistaken that's 8.30am here.

I've my fingers crossed for you Claire

Natalie

Guest Cara&Gav

Hi Claire,

You definitely did the right things chasing it up, I'm sure it's on their raidar now. I hope they approve you today or at least early next week.

It has to be any day now! My gosh is will be celebrations when you get it!

Cara xx

Guest Claire
Hi Claire,

You definitely did the right things chasing it up, I'm sure it's on their raidar now. I hope they approve you today or at least early next week.

It has to be any day now! My gosh is will be celebrations when you get it!

Cara xx

Yeah am glad I emailed. The most laid back guy ever Ross is now starting to worry which I never thought would happen! He was expecting to hear this morning, still time I guess but I think next week :)

I am glad we booked a holiday am going to need it ahaa

Thanks everyone :)

X

Guest chickeni
Has anyone ever heard of a visa being refused?

Thanks

Claire

I haven't. I'm fairly sure there has to be very strong grounds for this. Ie fraudulent claim or deception. Remember we all pay a large sum of money and therefore they are delivering a service! I understand why you're asking that question but I'm sure that's not going to happen to you. We all have everything crossed for you. Ask your agent to advise you of any reasons for refusal? Really make them work for your hard earned money!

Sarah

X

X

Guest Mrs & Mrs T

Sorry you haven't heard anything yet Claire, it cant be much long you must be top of the list, fingers crossed ytou get a response soon.

We have our meds on tuesday and i was hoping our PCC's would of been back today, we sent them 2 weeks ago but nothing yet, hopefully this is the last hurddle, it's been a long 2 years!!!

S x

Guest Cara&Gav
Has anyone ever heard of a visa being refused?

Thanks

Claire

I think it's hightly unlikely and would be something quite serious. They look at your application before they sent you for meds so i don't think they would do that if there was any problems.

I think your has got pushed to the bottom of the pile, probably dealing with people like me that keep on at them! (Sorry!)

you know your application isn't lost now. I rekon it will be Mon or Tues.

I really feel for you xxx

Guest Claire
Sorry you haven't heard anything yet Claire, it cant be much long you must be top of the list, fingers crossed ytou get a response soon.

We have our meds on tuesday and i was hoping our PCC's would of been back today, we sent them 2 weeks ago but nothing yet, hopefully this is the last hurddle, it's been a long 2 years!!!

S x

I have a cheek to be going on about it, especially if you have had your visa lodged for so long.

Hopefully after your meds you will find out ASAP, I have my fingers crossed for you!

Claire x

Guest Claire
I think it's hightly unlikely and would be something quite serious. They look at your application before they sent you for meds so i don't think they would do that if there was any problems.

I think your has got pushed to the bottom of the pile, probably dealing with people like me that keep on at them! (Sorry!)

you know your application isn't lost now. I rekon it will be Mon or Tues.

I really feel for you xxx

Thanks Cara, yeah I am glad they have at least still got my file....and I know they have everything.

I am not holding my breath for this week! If we dont hear anything I will email our agent as they said it takes up to 3 months and we submited in March.

Hope you have a nice weekend :)

Claire x

Guest Claire
I haven't. I'm fairly sure there has to be very strong grounds for this. Ie fraudulent claim or deception. Remember we all pay a large sum of money and therefore they are delivering a service! I understand why you're asking that question but I'm sure that's not going to happen to you. We all have everything crossed for you. Ask your agent to advise you of any reasons for refusal? Really make them work for your hard earned money!

Sarah

X

X

Thanks Sarah, this post has made me feel alot better as I am sure it would only be due fraud or deception as you say! Just worrying over nothing as people have waited longer than me!

Thanks again,

Claire x

Guest Mrs & Mrs T
I have a cheek to be going on about it, especially if you have had your visa lodged for so long.

Hopefully after your meds you will find out ASAP, I have my fingers crossed for you!

Claire x

Thanks Claire but its become part of the course for us, we are just excited that things are beginning to happen Im sure it's worse waiting once you have done everything as you know a decision is imminant, but we still have tuesday to get through yet.

Ben got his PCC's back today but mine didn't arrive hopefully they will arrive on monday, maybe my secret checkerd past is holding things up??? :biglaugh:

Fingers crossed for news for you this week. xxx

Guest teamV

We got our police checks back today ,well chuffed as the couple of things involving drunken daftness on mine weren't on.It says they have been stepped down,which is a big weight off my mind ,as its not something i'm proud of.

So just waiting for the results on the bloods from our meds ,so we should be all loaded up this week,which will be nice:D

Guest Cara&Gav

Hey guys,

Hope you're all having a good weekend. We had champers with some friends on Friday and then went out for a nice meal just the two of us last night. We had a double celebration as we have booked our validation flights! We are paying for them Tuesday when I get paid but managed to hold them through Thomas Cook which I was sooo chuffed with. We are paying a bit more as we are now flighing Emirates & we are leaving from Gatwick and nicer flight times which is much more convenient for us than Heathrow. Also the connection time is only 2 hrs taking the total time 20hrs 40mins to Perth so really happy with that :-) Also friends of ours who live in Perth have invited us to stay when we're there so will be so great to see friendly faces when we arrive and settle in! It's costing us just over £1,900 for both but we think we've spent so much money anyway we are going to treat ourselves to the flights we want. Plus Emirates are free booze so I rekon i can drink the difference :biglaugh: Only kidding but I will be having a couple of glasses of wine with dinner! We are going Thurs 22nd Sept - Mon 10th Oct, only 3months away - we are sooo excited! :jiggy:

Anyway, got my fingers crossed for everyone next week whether they've got meds/waiting for police checks etc & especially for Claire - will be onebig celebration when you finally see those words!

Cara xx

Guest Claire
Hey guys,

Hope you're all having a good weekend. We had champers with some friends on Friday and then went out for a nice meal just the two of us last night. We had a double celebration as we have booked our validation flights! We are paying for them Tuesday when I get paid but managed to hold them through Thomas Cook which I was sooo chuffed with. We are paying a bit more as we are now flighing Emirates & we are leaving from Gatwick and nicer flight times which is much more convenient for us than Heathrow. Also the connection time is only 2 hrs taking the total time 20hrs 40mins to Perth so really happy with that :-) Also friends of ours who live in Perth have invited us to stay when we're there so will be so great to see friendly faces when we arrive and settle in! It's costing us just over £1,900 for both but we think we've spent so much money anyway we are going to treat ourselves to the flights we want. Plus Emirates are free booze so I rekon i can drink the difference :biglaugh: Only kidding but I will be having a couple of glasses of wine with dinner! We are going Thurs 22nd Sept - Mon 10th Oct, only 3months away - we are sooo excited! :jiggy:

Anyway, got my fingers crossed for everyone next week whether they've got meds/waiting for police checks etc & especially for Claire - will be onebig celebration when you finally see those words!

Cara xx

Fantastic Cara, so glad you got the flights booked! Hope you enjoyed your weekend.

Thats great you are meeting your friends at Perth, will be great to meet people you know after such a long flight.....hopefully me and Ross will be in Oz for September if so would be great to catch up :D.

How were your friends about the approval, hope there was no tears! I am dreading telling about the approval (thats if it ever happens).

I wish the weekend was over, as I know we wont hear anything! I so hope we hear tomorrow. I will let you all know either way!

Claire xx