Laptop help needed

newlife

Guest Guest5035

Had abit of trouble with Google searches re directing elsewhere, cutting a long story short, paid $70 for the Computer Gurus at Para Vista shops to fix it, awesome service and help. Tel 83959991

Stevo

Hi Wendy

I know a great laptop guy in Modbury North. He's really honest and won't charge you for stuff that doesn't need doing, or do anything without checking with you first.

I'll PM you his details.

Diane

Wendy or Diane can you PM me those details my old laptop is very sick too, think it caught something off Wendys puta!!:policeman:

Guest Guest5035
Hi Wendy

I know a great laptop guy in Modbury North. He's really honest and won't charge you for stuff that doesn't need doing, or do anything without checking with you first.

I'll PM you his details.

Diane

Oh Diane i had to read this again, great laptop guy, i thought you meant as in dancer:D

Joking aside, can you pm me his details aswell thanks.

Stevo

Hi, our computer has died, when you turn it on we get a blue screen up saying media test failure, check cable and operating system not found. We have an Acer Aspire 5536 Can anyone help? I'm lost without my laptop!

It sounds like your hard drive is failing or failed.

Does it click when you turn it on?

Guest Guest5035

Ask Diane.............when the laptop guys in front of her..........................i'm outa here:biglaugh:

Stevo

It sounds like your hard drive is failing or failed.

Hi, no it doesn't make any sound at all ,it comes up

Broadcom base code PXE-2.1 v1.1.0

PXE-E61: media test failure,check cable

PXE-M0F: exiting broadcom PXE ROM.

Operating system not found

What do you think? Is it beyond repair:sad:

Guest vaskoka

Hi

your HDD probably failed, You have to check in your lap top BIOS settings, Boot options is it available or not, If it is not than it is failed, and you have to replace it with new one in order your lap top to be functional again

Or you can find someone to fix it for you

I hope I am helpfull

Hi, no it doesn't make any sound at all ,it comes up

Broadcom base code PXE-2.1 v1.1.0

PXE-E61: media test failure,check cable

PXE-M0F: exiting broadcom PXE ROM.

Operating system not found

What do you think? Is it beyond repair:sad:

I think its not that serious, Broadcom is your network card, it looks like it is trying to boot from that, go into your BIOS and check the boot order as the earlier post suggested.

If you don't understand about BIOS let me know.

It 'could' be that your HDD has failed and then it is trying to boot from something else, but don't panic.

Guest Guest75
Of course, drop it into my shop tomorrow, after 10, I will look at it tomorrow or Thursday. If I can't fix it, no charge, if i can a few $$$ if that is OK.

Do you know where my shop is?

Re sig???

I'm getting a bit lost now???

And it's not because I am thick.:idea::idea::nah::rolleyes:

Guest Guest5035
Of course, drop it into my shop tomorrow, after 10, I will look at it tomorrow or Thursday. If I can't fix it, no charge, if i can a few $$$ if that is OK.

you'll do anything now to get a "Thanks" ;)

stevo

Dont give her your address she wont leave you alone I made that mistake she often sends her hubby round to fix my house ;)

Sorry I've only just seen this as I don't have access to PIA until hubby comes home from work with his iPhone! Can I drop it to you tomorrow? Where abouts are you?