Ferret

census night ?

What's all that about then ?

Do I have to join in ? :confused:

I at first thought something similar trying to remember when I last filled in one and yes it was 10 years ago lol whilst at Uni - How time flies....

every 5 years here and yes it is compulsory to do and you can to do it online as stated. Census night is next tuesday. My daughter was all keen to fill it in last night but I said ...yo all might die before next Tuesday and then the info would be wrong :biglaugh:

Guest Sam74

Hi

The census lady spoke with my husband and we did ours online! She gave him a form with details on it!

I'll check with him and let you know : )

Sam

Guest Trakki

Ok so maybe I have been living on a different planet but I haven't heard anything about this, are you supposed to get something through the post?

Australia does the Census every 5 years. Everyone must complete it or you will be fined. It's good for family history :rolleyes:

Guest Adelaide_bound

There was a massive hoo har here (UK) about the recent census and lots of people getting all shirty about the Gov 'knowing' stuff about them - I really didn't get what the problem was - a)if its a question you don't want to answer give a wrong answer b) does it really matter if people know your religion or not? or if you are a teacher or accountant? c) how else are your family, in generations to come, going to know anything about you if they want to research their family tree?

I'm just a simple soul probably, but afaisi, it doesn't affect me one way or the other if the Gov know my inside leg measurement - and to be honest, if they want to know something, they will find out one way or another anyway!

As someone who frequently uses the results of previous censusses (censii??) in my work, I would like to say they do provide very useful information for all sorts of decisions, on both a local, state and national level. And I really hate having to use the 2006 data as it's very out of date now!!

Just thought would share a link with everyone.. I am by no way forcing anyone or having a go but for those of you like me not big church goes consider this when you fill out your form...

http://www.femalefriendly.com.au/

AUSTRALIA'S CENSUS IS TONIGHT.

DON'T LEAVE THE RELIGION SECTION BLANK. PLEASE MARK CHRISTIAN OR YOUR OWN FAITH.

1,000,000 MUSLIMS WILL MARK THEIR BOX.

10,000,000 AUSTRALIANS WILL LEAVE IT BLANK & WONDER WHY CHRISTMAS CAROLS WILL BE BANNED IN SCHOOLS, NOT TO MENTION EASTER HAT PARADES!

IT'S NOT ABOUT RELIGION, IT'S ABOUT KEEPING OUR WAY OF LIFE.