Coming back to Adelaide after my trip to Qld and NT

Kacymru

G'day all!!

How the devil are you all?

As most of you know I headed off to Whyalla for 6 months work as a travel and accommodation co-ordinator on a construction/ steelworks site (loved it - loads of friendly people and good pay). Luckily for me this enabled me to get my 2nd one year working holiday visa - happy days!! So I'm in Oz until Jan 2013 at the least!

As luck would have it again - I got my tax rebate and together with my savings I went for a little jaunt up to Port Douglas in Queensland, I was there for 3 weeks before Chris came to join me and we had the best 2 weeks holiday in Queensland ever - we drove down to Mackay and spent 3 days sailing in the Whitsundays before heading back up and onwards to Cape Tribulation etc.

After Chris left I drove from Port Douglas to Darwin, via Mount Isa - a nice long drive through miles of nothingness - which was a bit lonely on my own but still, gave me time to think and reflect.

Now that I'm in Darwin there doesn't seem to be a great deal of work here so I may as well head back to Adelaide and see what's occurring!

For those of you that want to have a nosey at what I've been up to since arriving in Oz then feel free to check out my blog http://kacymru.wordpress.com/

Anyone that fancies meeting up for food/ drink & a good old chin-wag then feel free to get in touch! I've met loads of lovely people and good friends through this site so am always up for meeting more :-)

Cheers!

Karen :wink:

Guest Adelaide_bound

So love your site - fab posts and I am soooo jealous on the whole Port Douglas area experience! :wink:

Thank you for taking the time to talk about these things - planning our trip its really hard to know where to go, where not to bother with and blogs and posts like these help a lot! :D

Keep up the good work, and we hopefully can meet up for a beer when we get down under next year! Are you thinking of taking off again next year? Or just going to stay around Adelaide for the foreseeable?

Hey Sarah, Thanks for the reply - had fun in Darwin and am now back safe and sound in Adelaide (incidentally I LOVE this city - having seen a fair few places on my travels I can safely say that Adelaide is still my favourite).

Hey Adelaide_Bound - glad you like the blog, thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings. Not sure what my plans are yet, am enjoying being back in Adelaide so we'll see what happens but am definitely up for beers when you get over here next year! Hope the planning is going well.

Tamara - Queensland is gorgeous at this time of year, although I've never experienced the wet season my friends there tell me it's blinking humid!!! Anyway, definitely give Port Douglas and Cape Tribulation a good go - so many gorgous beaches, gorges, hills, waterfalls, etc to see! Have fun!!

x