Flowers to UK

Guest Guest5035

Guest guest569
Stevo, thanks for putting this thread up - it made me feel guilty that I hadn't spoken to my Mum for a few weeks, so I've just sent her some flowers to make her smile!

With which company Diane ?? Did you try someone new ???

Guest guest3462

I use m&s or debenhams. You can also send flowers from next now too which is fab. Tesco no longer do flowers direct which is a shame as they were cheap and good quality. I think interflora is too expensive.

Guest jan&andy

Hi Stevo

I regularly send flowers to my relatives back in the UK and have used Asda, Marks and Spencer and www.eden4flowers.co.uk. I've been very happy with the service from all 3 and the recipients have loved the flowers, just vary who I order from for a bit of variety.

Jan

Guest Peachie

I have just used bunches (thanks for the tip and promo code Diane) to send my parents some flowers and choccies for their anniversary at the end of this month I have used M&S a couple of times but mun had said that they arrived late and in full blooms so not last that long and weren't cheap either so I looked at bunches site and they claim to send flowers in bud so hopefully mum will be more impressed If they slightly wrong in any way she will love the thought but tell me not to use that company again she is really fussy with her flowers so if bunches pass the fussy mum test I will let you know as many have been tried before and all so far have failed!!!!! so fingers crossed

• 4 months later...

My vote for Bunches, I have not ordered them but have received 3 lots of flowers from them recently. OK so it was my 50th but don't tell anyone :wink:

One from the postie - lasted more than THREE weeks

Others from a van delivery and also lovely and lasted well, chocs are nice too!

M&S OK for flowers but not for planters and rooted pots. I have yet to receive one that didn't need re-planting as they had obviously just been transplanted to order, so loose in the soil and then shaken around, once a pansy had been completely buried! I have complained in the past and they sent another - just as bad though!!!! SOIL EVERYWHERE.:eek:

Guest lesade

Hi,

Instead of sending Flowers, i have been sending Hampers for all the Family, they are very reliable and reasonably priced, they have always been delivered on the Day that i have selected, sent my Mother in law an Afternoon Tea hamper for her birthday ( scones, clotted cream, tea and biscuits, all on a tray ) cost about $40, she was absolutely delighted with it, as it was something different..... the website is www.hamper.com definately have a look, they do flowers as well as " Greeting from Australia " cakes :wink:

If you want to do hampers, try http://www.smartgiftsolutions.co.uk

YOu can upload a photo for them to put on a free gift card. :) We received one from Australian family here when we were in the UK, can't tell you how nice it was to have one with a photo on.

I always use M&S for plants, I quite like their delivered pots, but have chosen flowers this mother's day. I never use interflora. If I want to use interflora, I ring a local one to the person that I am sending them to, and pay with an English card. Because you tend to get a better deal or better flowers from a local shop, because they are more accountable than if you do it through the interflora chain.

I've used Thorntons this year to send flowers and chocolates. The flowers were ok but not as big as I thought they would be. I also used Interflora for the MIL for delivery on Mothers Day but they do charge a lot, 37.00 pounds for the flowers, 9.99 for delivery and 1.00 for use of a visa card! I've used bunches before and they are good. DO NOT USE iflorist or ihampers, they are a total rip off and the flowers died within 2 days and the hamper we got at Christmas for our MIL was only worth a quarter of what they put it in and they are all cheap foreign products, when we complained they gave us a 10.00 pound gift voucher which went straight in the bin!

Guest ReadyPenny

After reading this thread I used Bunches for mothers day this year. Lovely big bunches, arrived on time but the roses were almost dead :( all the other flowers in bunch were ok. Slightly disappointed but will give them another go because it is a very busy time of year for them I guess!

If your recipient complains to the Florist where they came from, they may get a replacement bouquet. Unfortunately Interflora let us down this year and did not deliver on Mothers Day but the day after but I complained as I paid for Mothers Day delivery and they gave us a full refund. I would still use Interflora again and Bunches. I don't use the supermarkets because last time I tried to create an account, you had to have a UK address so gave up.