newlife

Shark spotted of Port Willunga

Hi, this has just gone on the SA Police website

Police advise that a member of the public has reported sighting a 3 metre shark at Pt Willunga. The shark was sighted ‘just off the beach’ adjacent to the Star of Greece Restaurant. There are no further details.

One was spotted of Port Noarlunga too, probably the same one is my guess. Apparently it was inside the reef under the Jetty! eekk! :shocked:

Guest Nicky&Andy

there was a 12ft white pointer shark today and yesterday @ port noarlunga ( tues & wed) swam along the jetty from the beach to the reef you wouldnt know it though , locals were still jumping off the jetty

Guest Darkmoore

Do you know what time at Port Noarlunga? I was there pretty much all day and did not hear or see anything about a shark??

Heard a siren yesterday when i was in Port Willunga around a mates .Thought it sounded like a shark siren .Hopefully will get a look at it.

Guest nic lavidan

Can't think of anything more terrifying than seeing a shark fin in the water. I love swimming but this totally puts me off. You never know where they are going to turn up.

Guest ladyarkles

There is one sure way to avoid both shark attacks and sea-sickness: sit under a tree!

~ Rachel

Guest moviemummy
    One was spotted of Port Noarlunga too, probably the same one is my guess. Apparently it was inside the reef under the Jetty! eekk! :shocked:

There was a picture in the local paper! Scary stuff. Might just get that pool after all!

L x

Don't worry about the sharks, as far as I've read, know one has been killed in many years just swimming. Most have been attacked spear fishing, diving or being towed by a boat. Someone did get bitten maybe last year in Normanville - but it's well know down there for the snapper run and bronze whalers.

Cooler