John Mason or Anglo Pacific?

Jay & Lou

We used Anglo, the rep, the packers and the move co ordinator have all been great. Lots of information, quick replies to emails and phone calls. Packers were very quick, friendly and tidy. Price was reasonable and they were willing to haggle. Can't comment on John Mason.

Our possesions are currently in transit i managed to track the ship last night which left Rotterdam on 15th Oct, so can't comment on whether everything is surviving the journey.

Hope this helps.

Guest guest1255

we used anglo....our stuff was 4 wks delayed and they did not contact us to tell us, we found out after a lot of chasing folk around on phone. they also added extra money on at the end...cant remember what it was for....and wouldnt give us our stuff until we paid it!!! we may just have been unlucky

tess

We used John Mason who packed everything in UK and their partners Wridgways in Adelaide. Always informed us how the container was doing and updated delivery dates. Also, not one thing damaged.

Hi

We used John Masons and they have been fab!! Our stuff is currently in transit but their packers were fantastic, the quote very competitive and the aussie company so far seems really really helpful. I would highly recommend them :jiggy:

Kay

We used anglo P to start with. They packed the whole house up and done a good job. We then got delayed in coming over and thats when the problems started with Anglo. There storage charges were sky high so as we decided to call back our goods. 6 months later we were back on and had a firm date when we were moving so we called them back for a quote. Couldn't believe they were the most expensive and considering we had already blown thousands with them they were not willing to move. I would not recommend them. We went with Pickfords. Excellent from start to finish!!

We are using John Mason and have had nothing but trouble...BUT, they are dealing with it and are compensating us for the problems.

We were expecting our things 1 1/2 weeks ago but we have to wait for at least another 3-4 weeks...not good.

It has cost us thousands to replace things on the ship...we could of lived with a delay but not a 1 1/2 month delay...that reminds me I think it is this week we can change our underwear...lol.

To be honest I think we were just bloody unlucky...again

• 2 weeks later...
Guest boesman

We are going with John Mason. They were by far the cheapest. I am just worried as I think we are gonna have loads more than we first thought. I showed them most of it, but we have changed our minds alot about some things over the last 3 months. Perhaps I should ask them if they want to come again to update the lists...?

We are going with John Mason. They were by far the cheapest. I am just worried as I think we are gonna have loads more than we first thought. I showed them most of it, but we have changed our minds alot about some things over the last 3 months. Perhaps I should ask them if they want to come again to update the lists...?[/quote

We changed our inventory couple of weeks before had no probs with them i just went through inventory they had done added stuff and took stuff off and just e mailed it back to them ..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Crushfamily

Wish this thread had been around 6 months ago. We are waiting for our stuff and have been stitched by Anglo Pacific for extra costs. Went to complain and basically told to f*ck off and read small print. They talk the talk but do not deliver customer service!

• 8 months later...

Hi all, just wanted to offer an update for anyone searching the forums.

Our things were shipped with Anglo Pacific, as I said early everything went well at the UK end and our things arrived in Adelaide within the time frame quoted from Anglo, just short of 3 months. The company who handled things in Adelaide was ITS Removals and Storage. Everything went well and they were quick to arrange delivery to our storage locker at National Storage as we were living with my sister so didn't want our things immediately.

Couldn't have been happier with the process from start to finish.

Guest Crushfamily

Glad your experience was a good one - not only was ours disappointing for the reasons in my last post but are still fighting their insurance 8 months on

Guest brianlynnette

hi we used john masons and we found them brill, we had a shared container the packing guys who come to our house in liverpool were fab, they took our stuff the 8th may and left liverpool the 17th may and we got our stuff 2 weeks ago, so that was fast, we then had chess deliver it to our house in west lakes shore and they were brill, my problem is bloody quarantine and customs, they opened 3/4 of our boxes and threw it back in any box they could fit stuff in and charged us $80 to incinerate a xmas decoration that i told them was fake (but i knew nothing) then when realising it was fake they give me it back with the bits theyd cut off still in the box, can i get a refund NO I BLOODY CANT :)