Bond refund and cleaners

Guest tinkham_lee

Guest tinkham_lee

We are moving out of our rental at the end of January.

Can anyone shed light on what is classed as fair ware and tare?

We have been in the house 2.5 years and there is the odd mark on the walls in particular on corners and in the hall, and tyre marks on the garage floor. We have looked after the house well and have always had good inspections, with only very minor cleaning requests (dusty extractor vents etc) which were cleaned quickly after. What are the chances that we will get the full bond refunded?

also, can anyone recommend a company for carpet cleaning, (property manager has recommended kingfisher)

Thanks in advanced

When we moved out of our place there were a few scuffs on the walls and the odd scratch on the floors. We just swept out the garage and I hired a carpet cleaner from Aldinga Foodland which got the carpets looking better than when we moved in. The only thing that we had to pay to replace was the garage key that was not working, but other than that we got our whole bond back. We were thanked by the owner for leaving it better than when we moved in, we were very pleased as we had heard stories of people having to fight to get their money back but the agent told us they expect a bit of wear.

I was working in a rental today that the tenant had just moved out after being there for 8 years and had kept the place good apart from putting about 8 small hooks in a wall about 7m long.The agent was ok about it as they had been there 8 years and had been good tenants but the owner was not happy about it and wanted the wall filled and re-painted. The wall was patched and touched up and tenant charged , after 8 years you would expect the place to be in need of a coat of paint.If the marks are not to bad you can get a magic sponge from coles etc and that will take most of the marks off as long as the paint is still there.

Guest guest1255

when we moved out we had a few little scuffs on the wall .....we bought a magic sponge and it took them all off no probs. we got our bond back with no probs.

tess:smile:

I agree with other comments. If you can get the marks off the walls it will be better. Those magic sponges work wonders. The tyre marks you should get rid of too because if the owner has to hire someone to do it - it will cost you. If agent has suggested a carpet cleaner then check out what they charge - unless it says specifically in your lease that you have to use them A few agents I know, do want a professional cleaner to come in - they also want to see a copy of the receipt.

Absolutely, I do the walls with a magic eraser every inspection, and in between if anyone draws or whatever! Actually the children love that job. :) I would also say use the carpet cleaning person recommended by the agent, its just going to show that you want to do things that they will approve of, and I think it will go down better. Also yes, get rid of the tyre marks yourself, you'll only get charged for it later.

Good luck.