Hi! New to Christies Beach

Guest LouiseHatcher

Guest LouiseHatcher

Hello, not sure if I'm doing this right but here goes! We have been here for 2 weeks, we moved from Kent to Christies and are still trying to get ourselves sorted out, banks, car, phones etc. We have 2 small children so have been to a few playgroups already which have been really good. Just wondered if there is anyone out there who lives in this area, if so, get in touch! Missing home a lot, would be nice to meet some other English folk :biggrin:

Guest bidsandrew

Hi, welcome to Adelaide!! I know how it is in those first few weeks, so much to sort out and still find time to entertain the kids!

We are in Moana but my eldest son goes to school in Port Noarlunga so would be happy to meet up if you want to?

My husband is originally from Ashford in Kent, whereabouts are you guys from?

There are so many English in Christies Beach, im sure you will bump into someone along your way!!

Bridget

And there is me/us (((((wave))))) from London/Kent borders arrived November just up the road in Hallett Cove. Haven't been brave enough to go to any playgroups yet. Would be great to meet up for a coffee or cup of tea. Or let me know next time you are going to a playgroup and we will tag along if thats OK.

If I can help with anything just let me know.

Sarah

Guest Guest6899

Hi, were 5 mins away in Port Noarlunga but our children are older.. Im not missing the UK at all .... If your ever on the beach and you see a large beige gazeebo its likely to be us, come and say hi..

Lisa

Guest RobJ1978

Hi...we aren't there yet but we are looking at christies beach/port noarlunga area....any tips/advice or reccomendations???

Would love to meet up with you all once we arrive...we have two girls aged 7 & 3...hoping to have sold the house so we can catch a plane on9th april...if not that one then 16th!

Nic.x.

Hi...we aren't there yet but we are looking at christies beach/port noarlunga area....any tips/advice or reccomendations???

Would love to meet up with you all once we arrive...we have two girls aged 7 & 3...hoping to have sold the house so we can catch a plane on9th april...if not that one then 16th!

Nic.x.

Christies/Noarlunga are great places. Give us a PM when you get here if you fancy a meet up.

The Bacons.

Guest LouiseHatcher

Wow I am so pleased to have received all your replies, we are off of Beach Road in Christies, right down the bottom near the park. We were living in Strood in Kent and have moved from a 2 bedroom flat to a 4 bed house so big changes for us. Our little girl is 3 in a couple of weeks, she thinks all her friends are coming to her party, bless her she doesn't quite realise yet that we aren't going to see anyone now for a while and that we don't actually have any friends to have a party with. Our little boy Alfie is 8 months old and of course, no probs with him adjusting.Sarah, where abouts were you living in the UK? Hallets Cove looks very pretty, we were actually in Brighton today so passed where you are. I have been going to O'Sullivan Beach children's centre and the Noarlunga Centre library for story and rhyme time. How old are your children?Do you drive? Chris and Selina where abouts are you in Christies?

Hi my name is Dawn, we have just got our visas and are moving to the area soon, (no date yet). My husband will be working at ASC, and we have a little girl who is just turned 1. /would love to hear from anyone in Christies Beach and surrounding areas too for play dates in prep for arriving..... feel free to pm me. xx

• 3 weeks later...
Guest RobJ1978

Hi Guys,

Just wondering how you were all getting on on your new adventure?

Our time has come, and now i'm fretting about Grace (7) going from a school with just 16 kids...yep in the whole of the school....to one that has 300 per year intake.....so if any of you can calm me down, or even if yours go to Port Noarlunga (this is where we are looking) and fancy meeting up before she starts PM me. We are hoping and praying to land on 11th April...can any of you advise me on termdates?

Thanks.x.x

Guest Deb and Dave

Hi Dawn

We live in Christies Beach. We have a son aged 8 so he is too old to play with the little one. However, my husband works for ASC so you never know the husbands might end up meeting up at work.

Deborah

Hi Louise I have a 3 year old girl too.. We live up behind the rego off beach road.. What days is the play group on in o sulivans as I'd be interested in that as the one we used to go to closed as it was at a kindy... There is also a group of us that meet up at the fort on a Wednesday usually if you fancied meeting up there ....:) Carolyn x

Guest LouiseHatcher

hi cazzaj, the playgroup is tuesday 9.30am, thats the little one or there is one for older ages on wednesday from 9.30am too. Where does your group meet then on a wed? We usually go to the library in the morning but are free in the afternoon x

Hi Guys,

Just wondering how you were all getting on on your new adventure?

Our time has come, and now i'm fretting about Grace (7) going from a school with just 16 kids...yep in the whole of the school....to one that has 300 per year intake.....so if any of you can calm me down, or even if yours go to Port Noarlunga (this is where we are looking) and fancy meeting up before she starts PM me. We are hoping and praying to land on 11th April...can any of you advise me on termdates?

Thanks.x.x

Hi, Term two begins on the 23rd of April. Hope all goes well for you.

Paul

Guest leeannekays

Hi , we fly over on 22nd April. Me, husband and 2 children, Callum 6 and Emily 4. We are looking at Callum going to Port Noarlunga school. I really hope he settles as he loves his school here in the uk and has lots of friends. He is fine about moving though. How is your sin getting on bid?

Leeanne x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mark&Vikki

Hi all, i'm a 'newbie' arrived on 10 Jan & living in woodcroft. I have 3 children Maisie 11, Joe 7 (8 next month) & Woody 4. I'm not working & would enjoy meeting up with any other mums who have time for a coffee somewhere. I have family over for the next 2 weeks but after that I'm going to head up to the fort on a wed @ 11.30 to meet up with the group for starters and if anyone's interested in meeting any other time would be great to hear from you.