sueoc

Car hire/rental in UK.

Hi,

Got the dreaded phone call yesterday,and as a result will be going back home this week.We'll need a Car when there,and would appreciate any recommendations from others who have rented a Car for their visit to the UK.Thanks.

Guest Guest75

Sorry to hear you got "the call" Sue. We have both been through it. Best wishes.

Sorry to hear you got "the call" Sue. We have both been through it. Best wishes.
    Thank's Tyke,I appreciate that my friend.It was only a matter of time.

Guest Guest5035

We are in the same boat as you. I'm in the UK now but using my dads car, can u get on your parents/friends insurance like i did? When i last came in October we used Advantage Cars via the RAA booking in Adelaide cannot remember the cost but they WERE the cheapest by far. You land at Heathrow pick up the Hertz rental bus and the Advantage place is within Hertz compound, so easy, the cars they use are the ones that Hertz are about to upgrade, so really good cars, i can vouch for them.

Stevo

We know how you feel, my MIL is terminal and my dad has had a big op, but ok now, hope everythings good ..

Sorry to hear :(

I don't know much about car rental but our friends and family usually use Hertz when over visiting us. Mainly as they seem to be reasonably priced, local to us and will often upgrade the car if you hire mid week as the usual basic 4 doors are all out in use. Last time my FIL got a 7 seater people carrier with all mod cons for the price of a basic Focus.

Guest Plumboz

I have just booked ours with argus car rental and got a very good deal.

I used this company last September and was very happy with them .......... http://www.rentalcars.com

I rented a Hertz car through them

I too have had that call a couple of times. It's sh*te when it happens ........ can do nothing but send you my sympathy x