Christies Beach

Guest Paula H

I agree with you Misplaced, whatever an area is like if you grow up in it, have friends then it is not going to seem any different and the locals know you. My brother was able to live comfortably in a staunch Catholic area in Belfast in the early 80s trouble free due to the fact his friends were local and he kept his head down as far as religion and politics :D. I think it is true that having friends and feeling comfortable in an area can make any place seem likeable, but the fact is places get "names" for whatever reasons and Adelaideans are like Elephants...they never forget..... which is why people will still turn down Christie's beach, Elizabeth, Hackham West etc and Mitchell Park, which I know for a fact has been half bulldozed and rebuilt with a mix of private and public housing still suffers from the fact that it was a no go area unless you lived there or were going to look for your stolen car :D. People will find this happens with schools too. Think you have to make your own mind up, take a look, areas change, people change... and just for a laugh I've heard from quite a few people that Aldinga will become a ghetto when petrol prices rise rapidly and driving becomes expensive, cos the train doesn't go that far.......

Guest smit

Christies is allright , changed a lot in 6 years , ferals thinning out a bit lol!..........but as said theres strange people everywhere..... new house on seafront $400k..........not now!. I preferred Pt Noarlunga ......that has changed even more!!!. The issue we had at that time was that the public high school was far from great to say the least and this was the reason I didnt end up there. At the time I didnt know anything about private schools........ Cardijn college is good from what ive been told.

Has anyone got any up to date views in christies beach high to share.........good or bad ......after all it is an important part of the jigsaw!!!

Guest Guest75
Sorry Tyke can't breach confidentiality :-) believe me they are there !

But you said "Facts and figures" as though there were some stats?????

Guest Guest75
Christies is allright , changed a lot in 6 years , ferals thinning out a bit lol!..........but as said theres strange people everywhere..... new house on seafront $400k..........not now!. I preferred Pt Noarlunga ......that has changed even more!!!. The issue we had at that time was that the public high school was far from great to say the least and this was the reason I didnt end up there. At the time I didnt know anything about private schools........ Cardijn college is good from what ive been told.

Has anyone got any up to date views in christies beach high to share.........good or bad ......after all it is an important part of the jigsaw!!!

Most of the ferals have moved to Hallett Cove I heard????:tongue::tongue:

Hi my daughter goes to Christies high school she is in year 9 and is enjoying it as far as any 14 yr old girl does ... We live in Christies and yes there are some weird people around they are every where !!! It's such a shame when people put things like there are drug addicts there !!!! There every where dear you may do work with them but by saying things like that it makes it look like Christies has an addict on every corner with a needle hanging out there arm!!!!(which it hasn't ) and what about all the un registered addicts????? I'd more worried in where there living!!off my high horse Christies is a lovely place to live and yes there are some areas to avoid but I would say that about henly or Brighton or any other area at the end of the day it's best to look around area and see what suits you and don't listen to people who don't see the positives:mad:

What an interesting thread! Nothing better than generalisations to get a response!

I lived in Christies for a year and it's a great place to stay. I presently live in Port Noarlunga...just a few roads away from the Christies house but my boys would like us to move back there.

I also lived in Old Reynella for 6 months so I know that surrounding area very well...I don't have anything bad to say about Old Reynella as it's not my place to lable any area......I lived near the Crown Hotel but it wouldn't be right to say that everyone around there is a hoon driver!

Having said that...are their dodgy areas in Christies...absolutley! That's the strange thing about Australia...you get shacks next door to million dollar homes and good streets next to "bad streets" where people are not as house proud as their neighbours. Suburbs are big and it's possible to have pockets of bogans living amongst house proud folk!

I walk my dog on the beach between Christies and O Sullivans...it's a dog / leash free beach so best not to go there if dogs are not your scene. I always pick up but not everyone does! It's dog friendly because of the water treatment plant in O Sullivans. There are hundreds of Brits down there with their pooches!

My boys chose to attend Christies Beach High school so I have more than just opinion on the school. They were previously privately schooled and chose to go to Christies. When my guests ask about Christies High I tell them that the teachers are brilliant and supportive and the school is best for "kids that want to work with their hands". My youngest is currently doing an apprenticeship and the trade school at Christies is great. If academically inclined then maybe Cardijn or Woodcroft College would be a better option.

It's not my place to start chucking dirt at various suburbs......it would be a generalisation and utterly unfair....my boys have friends in Hackam, Christie Downs, Sheidow, Hallet Cove, Christies.......and I collect them at all hours without a second thought for safety..Best to get a car, tour the areas and make up your own mind but to label and single out Christies as a special area with a serious drug problem that doesn't exist in other areas is purely mischaevious.

Christies is undergoing a regeneration...new roads, parks, beachfront facilities and everything is right on your doorstep. If I had the money I would buy another house there!

Tamara