mr.mrswest

Dentist

Hi Everyone,

Can you help? we arrived here in April this year but have not registered with any dentists as yet and now I have tooth ache its just a filling i need but can anyonr advise a good dentist and maybe a price guide

Cheers

Gary:goofy:

Guest Crushfamily

I would expect to pay $3-600 depending on what needs doing. Or join Medibank then you can get a check up free and only have your work to pay for!

Hi

Hi my filling came out, just to refill was $120, few months ago, my porcelain crown became loose, again xray n to glue it back was $150. Dentist said, if it fell again I'll need $4,800 to do the whole treatment! Sorry, but dentists here are very expensive especially if u dont have medical insurance with extras.

Hi

Hi my filling came out, just to refill was $120, few months ago, my porcelain crown became loose, again xray n to glue it back was $150. Dentist said, if it fell again I'll need $4,800 to do the whole treatment! Sorry, but dentists here are very expensive especially if u dont have medical insurance with extras.

Yep,too true.I had toothache soon after arriving,went to the Dentist,and he started talking telephone figures to save the tooth!$5000 would do it!:swoon:As the tooth was near the back i said"Just remove it"This he did quickly and efficiently.Then his assistant,with equal efficiency removed $600 from my Bank Account!:wacko:My advice to Newbies would be that if you can possibly budget for dental/health insurance,then do so.It is important.

Guest deardos

Fortunately I have problems with my wisdom teeth in the UK. I dont have a NHS dentist so I am going for the Emergency root.

What plans are there for my kids..... They are getting their teeth as well and are 1 yrs old. Does Medicare cover the cost for the kids ?

Guest Crushfamily
    Fortunately I have problems with my wisdom teeth in the UK. I dont have a NHS dentist so I am going for the Emergency root.

What plans are there for my kids..... They are getting their teeth as well and are 1 yrs old. Does Medicare cover the cost for the kids ?

No sorry you pay for all Dentist treatment Kids as well. Also you pay for your kids prescriptions here also!

No sorry you pay for all Dentist treatment Kids as well. Also you pay for your kids prescriptions here also!

There is the School Dental Service for school aged kids http://www.sa.gov.au/subject/Education,+skills+and+learning/Health,+wellbeing+and+special+needs/School+services/School+Dental+Service and depending on what Family Tax Benefits you are entitled to, you may well get additional vouchers for teenagers whilst in full time education.