Diane

Christmas Pageant

For those new to Adelaide, it's the Christmas Pageant in the city this weekend. Forecast is for fine and mid twenties, so not too bad for Santa in his big furry suit! If you're taking the kids, don't forget to take plenty of coloured chalk for them to decorate the pavements with while they wait, and give a wave to my daughter on float 77 please!

It'll be our first time to go, my daughter is excited, she said she has to wear red and green! Luckily we've dug her santa's hat n stocking fr the xmas box. We'll look our for your daughter.

Oh, I love the pageant but I watch it on the tv instead! ( kids are too old/ I'm too lazy!) There's such a lovely 'feel' to the occasion :) How lovely that your daughter is going to be a part of it.

As for the tradition of putting the Christmas decorations up after the pageant? No, bit too early for me!

Hope you all have a lovely day tomorrow, but especially your daughter Diane :wubclub:

LC

Edited by Lazy Cow

Loved the pageant - not sure which float was 77 - We took the grandchildren in on the 8.00am bus and I took lots of pictures before having a quick snack at Central Market and catching the train home.

Will post some more pix/links later

DSC04608.jpg

DSC04598.jpg

DSC04599.jpg

Edited by jtct

Guest ali

I had to go to work and the buses where not going through their normal routes so almost walked from Norwood to North Adelaide. Too bad I didn't have the time to enjoy the parade though.:smile:

Guest ali

Very good photos there! Thanks for sharing them with me:smile: So I missed you guys by a few meters as well. :smile:

It was the Australian Girls Choir Christmas Carol one - I think it was thw one behind the camels? Beautiful day for it yesterday, and looked like a great crowd turnout. :xmas14: