Temping - rates of pay

Diane

Is it more for finance stuff? MYOB/Quickbooks etc?

Around the same I would say, a lot of admin jobs ask for MYOB skills and this would just be classed as an admin rate, but like I said before it can depend on the organisation and the agency.

I know when I have worked on contract roles, the whole team will be agency staff but depending on which agency we are with, we would all be on different rates, even though we are doing the same roles. I have worked for the same organisation on agency contracts in the same level job but in different areas and with different agencies and the difference in pay has been almost $10 a hour!!

When I was the employer working with the recruitment agencies for temp staff, the difference in the level they classified jobs at and their 'add on' costs varies a lot. I once asked one of the agencies why their mark up on temp staff was so much higher than the other agencies and their response was something along the lines of they offer a very different service to the other recruitment agencies, I responded with "when I signed up with you a while ago, the service was exactly the same as the other agencies", you could hear a pin drop ha ha.

It might be useful moving this thread to the jobs and careers section as it may be relevant to other job seekers.

D'Oh of course! Thanks Louise - showing my age I guess as the initials were PA when I used to do that kind of thing! Bit like what I used to know as "Personnel" I guess which now seems to be "Human Resources"! Thanks for clarifying, and also for the agency recommendation on the other thread.