Leeds1877

Changing plugs....

Hi, we need approx 20 plugs changing and have bought the Aussie plugs. Are there any sparkies looking for a few hours work plus plenty of tea/coffee? We are based in St Agnes.

Just being cautious...hubby colour blind and I don't want to affect home insurance by going it wrong. We are tempted tho....

I am colour blind too......honestly.

What comes easy to one may be difficult to another.

I felt the same way like leeds,on arrival to adelaide few months ago.One becomes apprehensive as everything is new and invariably different.

I was forced to change it myself when a sparky quoted 100's of dollars and 3 weeks waiting period to get it done for me.

I would advise you try changing the plugs of lower value items first.The diagram and picture that comes with the plugs would be helpful.Good luck with that.

Guest Guest75
    What comes easy to one may be difficult to another.

I felt the same way like leeds,on arrival to adelaide few months ago.One becomes apprehensive as everything is new and invariably different.

I was forced to change it myself when a sparky quoted 100's of dollars and 3 weeks waiting period to get it done for me.

I would advise you try changing the plugs of lower value items first.The diagram and picture that comes with the plugs would be helpful.Good luck with that.

Excellent advice!!!!!!:notworthy::notworthy:

I can't say for certain it's 100% true, but 7 years ago an Aussie sparky (and friend) told me without an electrical compliance certificate your home insurance is invalid.

Take the advice with a pinch of salt, as this would make no sense for Bunnings to sell them to DIY people. But he did it free of charge so he had nothing to gain by telling me.

I too have heard that simple jobs like changing plugs by law have to be down by qualified tradies..... But i did mine myself (about 10) and have had no probs!!