where can i hold a wombat??

Guest Benoli

Guest Benoli

well as the title suggests, I'm a big kid and want to cuddle a wombat :biggrin: I know you can hold koalas, feed kangaroos etc and plan to do all them things too but its a wombat i'm really after. Its my 40th birthday a few weeks after I get over and I want a wombat experience!! (will also be doing the wine tasting/empty the bottle thing too but not at the same time lol) Can anyone tell me where you can go to actually hold one? not just look at it in an enclosure or pat its head, somewhere where you can pick it up.......and yes I know all about them really being like little bulldozers/tanks, their nasty bites, ripping your intestines out etc etc :smile: but I'm willing to take the risk x

I know there's a colony of them up near the Murray River somewhere.... but I think they may be wild ones! Apparently there is a "Womobat Muster" organised by Zoos SA - you could try contacting them: I'm not sure if it is an annual thing or was a one-off, but I found this leaflet which has some contact numbers on it http://www.zoossa.com.au/__files/f/201130/womba

Guest Adelaide_bound

I held one at a nature park thing, just south of Townsville up.in qld - not sure about down here in SA :S

Possibly called billabong wildlife park, or something - will look it out if that's any good?

It was amazing, but they are rude and stick they dingles out when you cuddle them (if its a boy that is lol) :)

Guest Benoli
I know there's a colony of them up near the Murray River somewhere.... but I think they may be wild ones! Apparently there is a "Womobat Muster" organised by Zoos SA - you could try contacting them: I'm not sure if it is an annual thing or was a one-off, but I found this leaflet which has some contact numbers on it http://www.zoossa.com.au/__files/f/201130/womba

that looks like a fantastic experience but I don't think I'd have the nerve to stay there will all the bugs and spiders lol and the toilet thing.....no just couldn't do it, I'm not sure I'll be one for the outback :err:

Guest Benoli
I held one at a nature park thing, just south of Townsville up.in qld - not sure about down here in SA :S

Possibly called billabong wildlife park, or something - will look it out if that's any good?

It was amazing, but they are rude and stick they dingles out when you cuddle them (if its a boy that is lol) :)

I've seen that one but a bit too far for a cuddle lol I'll get there some day though and will make sure I ask for a female hehe

Guest Guest75

I just had a picture through <social media> from Cleland Wildlife Park - looks like the staff can do it............

wombat.jpg

"Icey" ,the Golden Wombat.