Guest emmamichaelbrown

Looking at shipping renault Espace

Guest emmamichaelbrown

Hi, We are emigrating over in December and really can not decide what to do with our car. We have a 7 seater Renault espace in UK, but when I have been looking to see what the value is in Australia (trying to work out how much customs tax we will have to pay) I can not find any in Adelaide. Does anyone know if they are called something different in Australia.

Thanks

Emma

Guest Maria Day

Hiya,

Renault is not very popular over here, you best sell it over there and get another one over here. personally, not worth the hassle you may get plus all the custom and shipping expenses. Good luck.

I'm not sure they even sell that model over there tbh.

Not many Renaults on the road over there either.

Take a look over on Poms in Oz and post in the thread in Transport and Shipping section titled 'is it worth shipping my car' or some such and ask if its worth taking it. They'll soon tell you. The guy that helps with imports, Iron Chef knows his stuff.

You will struggle to get parts for it here when it goes wrong (as Renaults inevitably do) I would take the previous advise and sell it before you come.

Steve

Hi Emma like Snifter says take a look here http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/transport-shipping/138727-worth-bringing-my-car-iron-ladys-trusty-new-calculator-reveals-all.html

He will be the best person to say yes or no.

I believe they are bringing out a new Espace in 2014 http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/1FFE80D880D50F78CA257A8A0004DDD1

Although there are Renault dealers here in Adelaide, and you see quite a few of them on the road, the Espace has never been sold here as far as I know. Which will basically make it worthless (most likely). Mechanical parts and servicing shouldn't be a problem whatsoever as the Espace shares engines and parts with other Renault models that are sold here, although if you were to have an accident it would be painful for a bodyshop to source the panels I'd image, which will push insurance up. Personally I very much doubt it would be due to them not being sold here (yet).

The guy on Poms In Oz will be able to give you the best answer whether it's worth it.