November Visa Lodge Gang

Ashleigh

Yeah we have got our 189 visa :jiggy:Also exchanged on our house so looking for flights now end of July 2014 yeah! Mixed emotions excitement, apprehensive and guilty for leaving parents. Anyone else got their visa through ?

Congratulations on the visa :)

It's a PR one right? If so check the migrant baggage allowance with Singapore airlines (they have 30kg in economy now but bump to 40kg for unvalidated migrant visas, check with them to confirm, they will want to see proof of visa most likely) and IOM, as they have airlines they get deals with with excess baggage, mostly Emirates but possibly Malaysian airlines. Decent prices on those tickets as it's a migrant set up.

http://www.iomaustralia.org/projects_selfpayers.htm

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After thinking all was going well we have been hit by delay after delay with the medicals and lack of contact from CO who as far as we can tell only works Monday/Tuesday.

the new immi account has been frustrating after tracking medical documents that say complete, then with no indication they asked for 2 additional items with nearly 3 weeks between (partner had breast cancer), which with hindsight I could not believe they couldn't of asked for at the original medical November 18th. It is a frustrating uncertain time in general, but feels like poor management of information. Not sure I would be still in my job if I wasted resources and time like this.

what it has taught me is to continually check immi account as there is no way of knowing if they add additional things.

Well, rant over and hope once we get latest document they can make a decision.

Yipppeeeeee!! Case officer was finally granted early am yesterday (wednesday)...followed by a call from my agent early that very same evening informing me that my visa has been granted!!!!!!! unbelievable!!!! Adelaide here we come!... :jiggy:

Congratulations!! It's a great feeling when you get that call isn't it!!!!

Yipppeeeeee!! Case officer was finally granted early am yesterday (wednesday)...followed by a call from my agent early that very same evening informing me that my visa has been granted!!!!!!! unbelievable!!!! Adelaide here we come!... :jiggy:

Fab, Fab news enjoy your day, although you will probably drift through it on Cloud 9!!! xx

Edited by Bal67

Bal67 when are you off to Adelaide?!

As soon as we sell the house Ashleigh got 2nd viewers again this weekend and cash buyers and already have an offer on house but the couple who put offer in still need to sell theirs, so we are hoping to be out in next few months, how about you Ashleigh?

Wow thats fab it will soon be August and then you can get on with your new life!!! 20 years for us next kids wants us to renew vows on the beach lol!!!

Whereabouts are you thinking of moving to and what do you and hubby to be do for a living?

Partner is a bricklayer - he is the main applicant on our visa and i work in the NHS so hopefully will find something for me! We want to go South Adelaide - near the beach. We have a few areas in mind but as were staying with friends when we first arrive, I want to go and have a look at a couple of areas before we make a final decision! What about you? Wow 20 years!

Partner is a bricklayer - he is the main applicant on our visa and i work in the NHS so hopefully will find something for me! We want to go South Adelaide - near the beach. We have a few areas in mind but as were staying with friends when we first arrive, I want to go and have a look at a couple of areas before we make a final decision! What about you? Wow 20 years!

Ashleigh,

Scott is a Constructon Site Manager and he too is main applicant, I am a PA so like you will find something once I have settled kids in, we would have any problem with construction work for Scott in Perth thats where we were originally going and have got friends there and knew what area etc we wanted to go to, but we dont know anyone in Adelaide so we are thinking of trying Port Noarlunga/Seaford/Christies Beach areas to start off with and then depding on work etc we will see where we end up!!

Do you have children?

Ashleigh,

Scott is a Constructon Site Manager and he too is main applicant, I am a PA so like you will find something once I have settled kids in, we would have any problem with construction work for Scott in Perth thats where we were originally going and have got friends there and knew what area etc we wanted to go to, but we dont know anyone in Adelaide so we are thinking of trying Port Noarlunga/Seaford/Christies Beach areas to start off with and then depding on work etc we will see where we end up!!

Do you have children?

I'm sure we will find something! I've had a look on seek etc and there are quite a lot of admin/secretarial jobs. Jamie has a job to go to so that will ease the pressure a little. Yes we have a little girl who will be 3 by the time we go. I've been looking at Kindy for her but hours don't seem as straight forward as here, they have out of school hours care so have to look into that! How old are your children? We want to go south so we're near the beaches. X

Yeah house all sold in rented now for 6 months, living out of boxes will be our life for next 18 months lol! Nut the sun, beach and babas will make up fir it. Thanks for tip on iom just looking at flights now

Great news! When are you flying out? We go end of October! Seems so far away at the minute!

As one of the last applicants in the Nov Visa gang I am extremely pleased to announce...................a change in my signature. :) :) :)

Fantastic news!

We've finally submitted our visa, after a very long wait......great to see good news!!:biggrin:

Thank you wen and bal. We booked our flights today, one way via Singapore. Arriving 8th May.

Obviously we're over the moon about the visa, this journey is finally over.But I guess I was more overjoyed at getting the skills assessment as this was THE indicator to whether we we were going or not. The rest of the process felt like almost a formality. I guess having an agent took alot of the stress of form filling and much uncertainty out of the process.

Now we can really put firm plans down, which is good thing.

Thank you wen and bal. We booked our flights today, one way via Singapore. Arriving 8th May.

Obviously we're over the moon about the visa, this journey is finally over.But I guess I was more overjoyed at getting the skills assessment as this was THE indicator to whether we we were going or not. The rest of the process felt like almost a formality. I guess having an agent took alot of the stress of form filling and much uncertainty out of the process.

Now we can really put firm plans down, which is good thing.

Congratulations! Welcome to the January grant gang lol!

Guest TheBirdsIOM

Hi Guys

Haven't been posting for awhile but I would now like to post this:-

YYYYYYIIIIIIIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Guess what we got today?????????? lol :0)

OMG after 2 years and 2 months of various rollercoaster rides its all over, well sort of, I think in all honest its just the start isn't it !

Anyway tonight I am just going to sit here enjoying the calm before the storm and read our Grant Letters 100 times :0)

I have absolutely no idea what to try and arrange first, dog, somewhere to live, flights...... every time I think right start with here there's about 100 other things I need to sort first.

Anyway guys just wanted to share the all mighty sense of relief with you and I am sure I will be posting on a daily basis for the next few weeks with various new panic attacks so brace yourselves lol :0)

Hope to be sat on that plane first week in April :0)

TTFN

Thebirds (all in a state of shock!!!!!)

Hi all

we are looking to book our flights now, and going 29th July hopefully (husband teacher and don't want to disrupt my oldest to much so going end of school term). We have looked at Singapore but the filth times aren't best for us as big stop overs for days we need, has anyone booked through IOM? We have contacted them and they have come back with emirates and good price and flight time and we get a 40 kg allowance each, but as I hate flying and will be flying with a 2 year old we want seats together. Any ideas on IOM greatly received.

also how are all your families dealing with your move? Mine not handling very well it's very difficult any advice again please :)

congrats thebirds IOM