November Visa Lodge Gang

Ashleigh

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

I have just had an email from my Agent saying "to confirm that the Department have recently announced some delays with the processing of subclass 489 visas. However, they have recently clarified that this does not apply to visa applications where State support has been obtained (such as your application)" So there should not be any major delays with the processing of our application which is good news!!

Has anybody else heard this?? So the waiting for C.O, contunues!!!!!

Bal.

Wow, great to hear some good news!

We're still waiting on the EoI. Getting jumpy...wishing we knew more. Application went in, or so we were told by the agent;-/ on the 29th Oct. So many folk are getting theirs back sooner. I even checked the SNOL listings. We still in high availablity..phew!

Hoping to be in the December 190 lodge, maybe, hopefully, fingers crossed.

Good luck for the November lodge gang:-)

Wx

Wow, great to hear some good news!

We're still waiting on the EoI. Getting jumpy...wishing we knew more. Application went in, or so we were told by the agent;-/ on the 29th Oct. So many folk are getting theirs back sooner. I even checked the SNOL listings. We still in high availablity..phew!

Hoping to be in the December 190 lodge, maybe, hopefully, fingers crossed.

Good luck for the November lodge gang:-)

Wx

Don't worry, it took ages for us to receive our invite from South Australia! Sent it in August and got invite in October!

Have CO as they asked for birth certs for my lads with parent names on them. Will make a decision once received which should be tomorrow.

applied for a 457 on the 12th November, medical or partner on the 18th. Made first contact yesterday 9th with agent.

couldnt sleep last night as up at 3:30 re sending birth certs. If all well should be in Australia around 12th January!

after all the excitement and anticipation all went quiet with the agent unable to make any contact with CO. Turns out see only works in the office Monday and Tuesday :skeptical:. Pinning hopes on this Monday/Tuesday as I understand offices shut down on the 18th till after Christmas which would be very frustrating (specially as they say process should be 3-6 weeks.

Here's hoping!!

found out today that they have allocated a new CO. Not sure if this is because the first one was part time and we asked for things to be speeded up, or CO on holiday. Would hope this will get things moving after being excited last week, to 'what is going on' this week!

Thats good! Fingers crossed to an early Christmas present! I've had a look on the forums and I can't see anyone being allocated a CO for 190's lodged in November! This is our 6th week now, I've emailed our agent this morning asking if one has been allocated, not sure if they would inform us while we already have all docs uploaded and medicals booked. But would like to know either way! X

Don't worry, it took ages for us to receive our invite from South Australia! Sent it in August and got invite in October!

We're still waiting...7 weeks now. Being very patient and waiting, waiting. Sent an email to our agent, to see if they had any news....

This was her reply..

"Thank you for your email.

Delays can occur for a number of reasons. Processing times do slow down a little during busy periods and especially during the holiday season.

Further an invite is dependent on the type of visa applied for. You will not receive an invite until your state sponsorship application has been approved. We are still awaiting feedback from South Australia. Once they have approved your application you will be invited to apply for a subclass 190 visa. "

Does she mean, yes we are waiting for the invite and it's probably delayed due to the festive time of year? It seems a very roundabout way of telling us this, or are we missing something?

Really wishing we could dump this company and go with some one else. Unfortunately we have paid for their service already. We were hoping to get the EoI by this week and get the visa application, ready for January.:-)

Wx

We're still waiting...7 weeks now. Being very patient and waiting, waiting. Sent an email to our agent, to see if they had any news....

This was her reply..

"Thank you for your email.

Delays can occur for a number of reasons. Processing times do slow down a little during busy periods and especially during the holiday season.

Further an invite is dependent on the type of visa applied for. You will not receive an invite until your state sponsorship application has been approved. We are still awaiting feedback from South Australia. Once they have approved your application you will be invited to apply for a subclass 190 visa. "

Does she mean, yes we are waiting for the invite and it's probably delayed due to the festive time of year? It seems a very roundabout way of telling us this, or are we missing something?

Really wishing we could dump this company and go with some one else. Unfortunately we have paid for their service already. We were hoping to get the EoI by this week and get the visa application, ready for January.:-)

Wx

Hi wen66 we waited about 7 weeks for our invitation to apply for south aus also! We've submitted our visa 6 weeks ago now so hoping to hear soon! Agent hasn't heard anything yet either!

Hi Ashleigh,

We were hoping to hear at the beginning of the week as I assume it will be the last invite release date before the Christmas/ New Year holidays. I suppose we will have to add on another 3 weeks +.

I hope you hear something soon.:smile:. It's such a long process:confused:

Wx

I know soooooo long! We started the process in June, think I will be grey by the time it's all over!!! Hope we all hear soon, I've got a feeling I won't hear anything until after Christmas! Not sure when immi close and reopen over Christmas. X

I read somewhere it was closed from the 18th but don't know until when. I could be wrong though. I've read sooo much, my heads going to explode.:D

I may need to lose myself in a tin of Quality Street..Lol..x

Our medicals aren't booked until 06/01/14 unfortunately.

What is the average time from being assigned a CO, roughly?

My understanding is that if all the paperwork is in place it should only be a matter of a few days. Maybe look to mid next month for the grant.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi medicals all done now and crb checks back should hopefully find out in next couple of weeks that we have our 189 visa, can't believe how quick it's all been. House exchange was due to go through before Xmas but looks like this week now and moving mid jan! We are looking at moving to port noarlunga husband going out in April to teaching exams that he needs in oz and then looking at schools for my 5 year old. Brother in law lives in west beach so he is helping us out with areas

Happy new year everyone and what a year it's going to be