Guest Guest75

Lost some TV channels??

Guest Guest75

Has anyone else in Hallett Cove lost some of their TV channels??

We have lost all the ABC's and 10.

Done a re tune but to no avail.:err:

Edited by Guest75

Guest yer tiz

I lost BBC1 and BBC2 about three years ago,i re tune the tv every week with no luck yet.

Guest Guest12727

We were having trouble getting ABC - bought a new arial cable - perfect now.

If you guys are using set-top boxes it's time to get a new one or update your telly. Had the same trouble a few month ago but luckily, I had spare s/t boxes.

Guest Guest75

It's the same issues on an older (not ancient) TV and a pretty cutting edge one Doug.

I'm really hoping it's not the antennae as we are 2 story and I've sure the price will be up higher as well!

We have been having some issues with loss of channels since the Summer storm a couple of months back. We also had a lightening strike which fried a few things!

Sent the OH onto the roof (also a double storey) and he replaced the older cable with the newer digital cable and everything is now ok ( also looks like duct tape on the aerial to me!) but things are working ok.

There are three aerials for the different areas...Good reception, Medium and fringe reception and the aerials get bigger depending upon what footprint / area you are in.

If you need to borrow a ladder let me know!

Tamara

Guest Guest75
    We have been having some issues with loss of channels since the Summer storm a couple of months back. We also had a lightening strike which fried a few things!

Sent the OH onto the roof (also a double storey) and he replaced the older cable with the newer digital cable and everything is now ok ( also looks like duct tape on the aerial to me!) but things are working ok.

There are three aerials for the different areas...Good reception, Medium and fringe reception and the aerials get bigger depending upon what footprint / area you are in.

If you need to borrow a ladder let me know!

Tamara

It keeps changing now!- lost C9!

It's Mrs Tyke in my ear about this - I am not a fan of Aus TV and get my UK TV fix elsewhere:wink:

Thanks for the offer of the ladder but you have seen how "high" our house feels - I'm really not good on heights:err:

We lost some channels in norwood just as Grand Prix started. And we get it via internet fetch TV. Had to fiddle with laptops to stream it instead. The channels are back now though.

If you guys are using set-top boxes it's time to get a new one or update your telly. Had the same trouble a few month ago but luckily, I had spare s/t boxes.

Sorry to be so blunt, but your advice is quite frankly rubbish!

• If you are using an 'old' TV and relying on a STB (Set Top Box), and you lose some channels it's not a TV issue.
    • If you only have a TV and lose some channels it wont be a TV issue, as the tuner will either work or won't. Do you have a radio that only picks up 891 but not 1395(I think not)?
    • If you are only using a STB the above point will be the same, you wont need a new STB

Digital signals work differently to analogue, basically they work or don't ( I appreciate it can pixelate a bit but usually you have a picture or no picture). With analogue system you can turn in and get distortion and bad signals, as I am sure you all remember.

Each TV, STB, PVR etc has different thresholds as when to pick up a signal or not. You may have a TV that will show channels that have a weak signal, whereas other devices will only show when the signal is strong (so it doesn't cut out). I would think the issue Tyke is having (or was happening) is a poor connection, either the cable or the aerial.

Is the signal good for all frequencies, what is good for Ch7 may not be for ABC (as an example). I don't have Fetch TV so am unsure of the interface to help much more with that box. Do you have it through Optus? If so contact them.

The free to air TV channels come through the normal TV aerial point so i doubt Optus will be able to do much about that! Its only the subscription channels that are IPTV. We used to have Fetch and found channels used to disappear...... because Fetch is crap!!