Think it's over :-(

Guest Ollie2011

Guest Ollie2011

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone who has taken the time to reply to our post, honestly, you have all giving me hope that we might still get our visa! Will keep,you all posted!

Hi Ollie I'm a mechanic. I had to get proof of a job I had 15 years ago for my pr visa. The garage had since closed down but luckily I knew the owner who had retired. He was more than willing to write a letter to confirm I worked there and this was sufficient.

Best of luck

Steve

If you ring the tax office they will give you your tax returns or p60s for at least the past 10 years that's what we done for done to get our paperwork

Thanks jonathanallen, how long did the request take?

It took about two weeks but i am self employed so maybe PAYE might be easier

What makes you think you can't do the English test, Ollie? It's obvious to me you're very articulate and clearly able to write, so why do you doubt your ability to complete the English test? I think you're being a bit hard on yourself and urge you to at least give it a go! After all: nothing ventured, nothing gained! Come on, Ollie, don't doubt yourself. You can do it!! I wish you all the very best. Please don't give up now, chook. xx

Guest Ollie2011

Thanks barbaitch, and thanks again to everyone for your replies. So update.. My bank is going to send out my statements from 2006 which they say they don't do online so glad I rang them to ask. and agent said that it might still not be enough if we get a strict caseworker so. I rang tax office as some of you suggested and surprisingly they are going to send out my tax and NI contributions from 2005, seemed quite easy as was expecting to have to jump through hoops and beg and even lie to get them but first person I spoke to said I just had to email him to request with my NI number. Won't believe it until the paperwork is in my hand but it seems I might actually get the paperwork I need. Hoping it will come through so we can get it all through before July and before they review their visa costs but either way I'm feeling so relieved! Thanks again everyone for your advice and support with this, really was having a melt down over the weekend and would've maybe given up with it all as couldn't see how I could get hold of the things we needed so thank you!!

Hi on applying for our visa my husband had a mixture of years as PAYE and SE. for the years self employed he had to provide end of year tax return forms sa 302, references dating the self employment and bank statements and for the PAYE years he had to provide wage slips (if he had them) and p60s, bank statements and references also, for all this the tax office were brilliant, all the documents he needed went back to 2005-2006 tax year, the banks (had 2 diff accounts in this time) charged him £10 each to do bank statements from 2005- to present which was a small price to pay! I'd advise you to speak to the tax office and bank first, don't take agents word for it that it's not possible, and bug your agent to see if references could be accepted and as other ppl have advised a statutory declaration!

Good luck x

Guest Ollie2011
You will definately get the info you need. Thats all I did and about 2 weeks later it dropped through the door. No charge either!! Glad you're getting sorted. :)

Hi kelbert, have rung that number and they said to send email, have done it twice now and as forgot to put our address in the first one, also asked them to let me know they have received the email, but no one has acknowledged that they are sending the info, did the same happen to you and you just received the info you requested without any further correspondence? Used work landline to call them originally as mobile won't let me dial the number and am away from work for a week now so can't ring them, dont want to wait and assume the info is coming if it isn't, just wanted to check if it's normal that they just get on with what you've asked and don't bother to let you know that they are getting the info for you?

That's what I'm hoping blossom, that it's just something they've not thought of....got our money all paid off for their fee now anyway so no skin off their nose!

There is more than one way of skinning a cat. Have you been paying rent or a mortgage? Did you declare your employment to relevant parties at relevant times? What other third parties can support your claims? There is more than one way of skinning a cat.

There is more than one way of skinning a cat. Have you been paying rent or a mortgage? Did you declare your employment to relevant parties at relevant times? What other third parties can support your claims? There is more than one way of skinning a cat.

Wow, poor cat skinned twice! I know cats are not Australia's favourite pet however....