Landing in adelaide on 14th September 2014 - finally!!! Short term rental required

minimel2710

Guest vikkiann
I've had a little look at aldinga. It appeals to us but until we actually go there and get a feel for it ourselves, we won't know if it's for us. Minty, we are a bit rough too so we might fit it :err: Lol.

@overthehill, Am I right in thinking willunga and aldinga are fairly close? I saw a high school in willunga that I liked the look of.

They are about 8 minutes drive apart. My son goes to Willunga high and is an a and b student, I can't fault the school.

There are some ferals down here but there is everywhere!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved Willunga. Went for a holiday. It really is that far out of town it's a holiday destination.

They were I think the first place in SA or even the country to get the NBN. They needed a fast service as the data has so far to travel to get to Adelaide :-)

Edited by adelaidenow

You have to put the commute in to context as to what you are used to. I live in Christie's and commute to Port Adelaide and it's 45 minutes in the morning and 55 mins in the afternoon. It's all along 1 road and a nice simple drive. .

Have they extended Port Road down as far as Christies now?

How many speeding fines have you had so far?

I drive from Port Noarlunga to the airport all the time and the drive takes between 27 and 35 minutes. The only traffic is when you get to Brighton...it's free flowing at 80 and 100 up to there.

I drove to Flinders yesterday (on the newly opened proper expressway) and it took 17 minutes at a restricted 80 kmph. Again, the only time that you hit traffic is when you get to Main South rd and everyone commuting from closer suburbs to the city would experience that.

I often go through to the Adelaide entertainment centre and that takes around 35 minutes.

From where I live an extra 15 minutes travel time to the city is more than compensated for by living in such a scenic suburb.

I like Willunga and may live there one day but a daily commute into the city might put a lot of people off.

Guest wen66
Accommodation all booked! Yay! Staying in Glenelg for the first month. Thank you to everyone for their comments and suggestions. ?

Excellent, glad you got it sorted.:-)

So... Just had all our stuff packed up by Anglo pacific and shipped out.... House is bare and it's starting to become real... So excited!

My sons started to panic as the playstations been taken... Lol!! Poor him! :eek:

How exciting! Poor boy. My two are planning to put theirs in their case. :-)

Guest Guest75
:biglaugh: tee hee!.....sorry couldn't resist!

Evil person!

Don't forget you can't get Robinson's cordial here either!!

I seem to remember that was a deal breaker for a family from Hull last year.................:swoon:

On the plus side , I saw on FB that someone found Polo Mints in a Reject Shop interstate. :cute:

Don't forget you can't get Robinson's cordial here either!!

Yes you can :) though you'll pay something like $4 a bottle off the shelf in Coles UK food section. I buy Marmite from there and they've had Robinsons on the shelf for ages.

I buy more from the Dutch food section. Lovely stuff there.

Hi all does anyone know how long the commute from Seaford to CBD is?

We are hopefully moving this year and we really liked the look of Seaford but maybe the commute will be too much.

Thanks.

Hi, I take the train from Seaford everyday to work and it takes about 45 minutes to get to Goodwood, which is a few stops away from the CBD. I have found the service to be very reliable and it has some lovely costal views on the way. I have also taken the car to work, which takes a similar amount of time depending on traffic, but I do work just outside the City. Personally, although I have only been living here a few months I am happy living in Moana and do not mind the commute.

Hi all does anyone know how long the commute from Seaford to CBD is?

We are hopefully moving this year and we really liked the look of Seaford but maybe the commute will be too much.

Thanks.

Hey Toneless, how are things going? We will be in Seaford Rise in November. :biggrin:

Hi Wen,

We have 2 viewers for our house today fingers crossed. Although we might rent as the market is really bad here at the moment.

You seem to be getting on a lot better with your plans we haven't done anything yet. I'd love to be there for November but can't see that happening.

All the best Niall

Hi Wen,

We have 2 viewers for our house today fingers crossed. Although we might rent as the market is really bad here at the moment.

You seem to be getting on a lot better with your plans we haven't done anything yet. I'd love to be there for November but can't see that happening.

All the best Niall

Hey Niall. You're at the mercy of the house buyers, I suppose. The right buyer will come along.:biggrin:. Stay positive.

We opted to rent ours out. Hopefully we'll have a tenant by the time we leave. That, on itself is proving a little stressful.

Keep your chin up. :smile: