Arrival planned for June 2015

Amit Malhotra

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are arriving 1st June, six of us!! Me Sharon, hairdresser, hubby, Craig, stonemason/builder, jack 21 ( only validating his visa as he's at uni) Joey, 15, fin, 12, Lewis, 11, oh & our springer twiggy who's coming along later, really like the look of moana so we're heading that way, exciting times ahead, no job/house ect so a little scary, would be good to meet up at some stage I think we will hit the floor running!! Good luck to everyone getting there soon

We are arriving 1st June, six of us!! Me Sharon, hairdresser, hubby, Craig, stonemason/builder, jack 21 ( only validating his visa as he's at uni) Joey, 15, fin, 12, Lewis, 11, oh & our springer twiggy who's coming along later, really like the look of moana so we're heading that way, exciting times ahead, no job/house ect so a little scary, would be good to meet up at some stage I think we will hit the floor running!! Good luck to everyone getting there soon

Hi there Sharon and Craig. We have just gone through the sell the house, pack up and sort the dog thing, we have left England now and are travelling a bit in Vietnam for 5 weeks on route , while we wait for our container to catch us up , it is stressful but you can do it ! good luck with it all! See you when you arrive x x Lorraine

hi....we arrive in Adelaide on 21st March, we are also going without work and house so know how you are feeling! We are Sam and Craig, we have Caitlin 5 and Callum 11, good luck with everything, hope we can all meet up once we are there xxx

hi....we arrive in Adelaide on 21st March, we are also going without work and house so know how you are feeling! We are Sam and Craig, we have Caitlin 5 and Callum 11, good luck with everything, hope we can all meet up once we are there xxx

Its really not long for you now :) You must lurch between excitment and worry while organising and tying up everything. I had a small wobble about 3 days before when everything had gone shipping wise and we were on camping chairs and I made myself a bacon sarnie with ketchup and sat down and looked round the room and felt :unsure: I sipped my cuppa and scoffed the sarnie while reflecting on everything and by the time I was done, all was right with the world again :cute:

Enjoy the time you have left there, give your loved ones a few more hugs and have a few day trips to your favourite places if you can wangle it, soak them up. Looking forward to seeing you arrive in Adelaide. We may have a TV we can lend you to get you going if you need one before your shipping arrives :) Nothing fancy but it will do the job. Need to check its still working ok as its been in the shed for a while since we got a new one. Was talking to hubby the other day about passing it on to someone on here and he thought it was a good idea. We did the same with the last old old one we had, a PIA member newly arrived in Adelaide had it from us.

Its really not long for you now :) You must lurch between excitment and worry while organising and tying up everything. I had a small wobble about 3 days before when everything had gone shipping wise and we were on camping chairs and I made myself a bacon sarnie with ketchup and sat down and looked round the room and felt :unsure: I sipped my cuppa and scoffed the sarnie while reflecting on everything and by the time I was done, all was right with the world again :cute:

Enjoy the time you have left there, give your loved ones a few more hugs and have a few day trips to your favourite places if you can wangle it, soak them up. Looking forward to seeing you arrive in Adelaide. We may have a TV we can lend you to get you going if you need one before your shipping arrives :) Nothing fancy but it will do the job. Need to check its still working ok as its been in the shed for a while since we got a new one. Was talking to hubby the other day about passing it on to someone on here and he thought it was a good idea. We did the same with the last old old one we had, a PIA member newly arrived in Adelaide had it from us.

Hello, our container went two week ago now, but luckily staying at my mams house so not too bad, I do feel that we don't seem to have as much stress as a lot if people as we sold our house 12 months ago now, so really just can't wait to get out there now :biggrin:

i don't think it's actually going to hit me until I'm sat on that plane at Manchester. We are doing the leaving drinks over the next two weekends and said bye to Craig's family last weekend, so it's very draining at the moment.....

that at would be brilliant, thankyou so much, that's a lovely thing to do......appreciated xx

Hello, our container went two week ago now, but luckily staying at my mams house so not too bad, I do feel that we don't seem to have as much stress as a lot if people as we sold our house 12 months ago now, so really just can't wait to get out there now :biggrin:

i don't think it's actually going to hit me until I'm sat on that plane at Manchester. We are doing the leaving drinks over the next two weekends and said bye to Craig's family last weekend, so it's very draining at the moment.....

that at would be brilliant, thankyou so much, that's a lovely thing to do......appreciated xx

Not at all, happy if it can help you out. I'll check it still works once BIL's furniture is all moved out of our shed next weekend. He bought a house a couple of streets away and has been waiting a couple of months for the settlement date to tick round. And collected a huge amount of furniture and stuff for his place in the meantime and used our shed to store it all in! Its amazing but he has been able to furnish an entire 3 bed house with stuff donated by friends or contacts friends and family have had. One person had a house clearance and gave him loads of stuff, some of it crappy and went to the hard rubbish collection but loads was decent, even outdoor furniture. He had to take the lot or nothing iykwim, and sift through it to decide what to keep. For the cost of hiring a truck for the day to collect it all, he said it was worth it alone for the new flat screen TV (still in box) that was included. He also got white goods, sofa, shelves, kids bed frame, table, chairs, you name it, he seems to have it now. A fair bit went for hard rubbish but he kept lots too to help start him off.

Yeah, that moment on the plane. Its lovely. I boarded, sat down, plane took off and it was like a weight lifted and I could finally look forward, not back.

I'm hoping that feeling will be the same for us....family seem to forget that we also have a lot to deal with and emotions to go through, but seem to only see things as we have chosen this life so all we feel is happy!! When in reality it's probably hardest on us!! So many emotions to deal with, but you just have to soldier on to get to where you want to be :)

oh people can be very kind, it's always nice to be nice xx

OOh no long now! As already said, enjoy the time you have left and look forward to a new adventure. Give me a shout when you get here, we're not far from you.x

I'm hoping that feeling will be the same for us....family seem to forget that we also have a lot to deal with and emotions to go through, but seem to only see things as we have chosen this life so all we feel is happy!! When in reality it's probably hardest on us!! So many emotions to deal with, but you just have to soldier on to get to where you want to be :)

oh people can be very kind, it's always nice to be nice xx

It can be so hard can't it. I've read so many times on here and on PIO how families struggle to come to terms with their loved ones migrating or see it as being abandoned and can't or won't see it from the migrants perspective and what they hope and want from life. Many work out their differences, some don't. As hard as it is you need to focus on your own family and what is best for you guys. And if you feel that migrating is what you want to go for, only you can know if its the right thing to do. You are so close now, emotions are bound to run high for you all, especially if you are living with your Mum atm. I hope its a good few weeks till you leave. Don't think of it as 'goodbye' when you farewell people, think of it more as a 'see you later' and it doesn't seem so bad I think.

I know when I told my parents we were looking to move back to Aus my mother was heartbroken but she kept it from showing on her face and only shed her tears in private when I wasn't around to see them. She and my father supported our decision totally, would never have done otherwise and thought for us as a family it was the best thing we could do but were also so sad to be losing us to the other side of the world. My mother kept looking on the bright side, things like she had had those early years with her grandson, had been able to see him grow from birth to starting school and a bit beyond. She was there for lots of his firsts, developed a bond with him and had many special moments to cherish. And now she has enjoyed her first trip to Aus back in October last year, a year after we moved here. She had a fab few weeks, saw us all, met a lot of hubbys family she hadn't met yet, got to see how settled we were, happy and how good our life is here. And all the things she saw out and about when here too. She loved it. And now my parents are looking forward to myself and their grandson visiting for a month in July this year :) Mum will then be back over the following autumn, probably the autumn school holidays. So about 9 months between seeing each other. We plan to do this for as long as she is able and if not then we'll head to the UK each time instead. We decided to make sure we have funds set aside for at least myself and son to visit once a year in future for as long as needed. Hubby hopes to go every second trip with us but sometimes is there for work anyways so doesn't mind too much not going with us.

Ooops, I did one of my long posts again. I'll stop rambling :cute:

Thankyou wen, the support is really appreciated :)

Most welcome.x

I got loads of help and sound advice before and after we arrived. I think, it's only fair, I pass on as much as I know, and have experienced, so far.

I, have met and made firm friends with some lovely, lovely people through this forum and other sites since arriving, and hope to continue to do so....:smile::smile::smile:x

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Amit,

I am making moving to Adelaide by the end of this month and would seek your advise for getting job in IT sector. I will really appreciate if you can help me in this regard. I tried applying via seek but I did not have any response. I have 10 years of experience in IT (ERP ,Java , Oracle and etc).

Thanks in advance!

Bhupendra

Hi Bhupendra,

I am a BC DR expert, and doing the same thing as you. However one thing I should tell you about getting response - No will reply back if you are not in Australia or have a contact number (Australian) to call back on. I took a Sky number and have started receiving responses. I am coming to Adelaide in June first week.

Once you are their remember one thing- whenever you apply a job on seek look for an e-mail is on the advert and mail your resume with a nice mail to them directly and next thing you should do is connect with them on LinkedIn. Also if you can -visit them in the office

Just read your thread and we leave in June for an overseas trip. We currently have a fully furnished 4 bedroom house in Brighton on the beach that we are looking to sublet. It is an amazing area, great schools, shops. We have 4 children under the age of 10 so have all the kids stuff. If you hear of anyone that is moving to Adelaide around that time and want to sublet for 6 months let me know as we would be happy to help them out.