Visa granted

Sophie91

Hi,

Congratulations we're coming over on a 457 visa also. I'm sitting in a hotel as our house is all packed up. Flying tomorrow morning! I'm no help in regards to the actual move as my husband's company dealt with all of that. Hope you get everything sorted quickly, do you have a start date for work yet?

Thank you were very excited and nervous now. My partner is the main visa applicant so the company have now got to arrange his start date with him now, we should fly over end of February. I'm hoping I should find work pretty quickly as work in hospitality. Hope your move goes well tomorrow, are they providing accommodation for you when you get there?

Congratulations :)

Get quotes in asap for shipping if you've not already done so. They can sometimes be booked up a few weeks ahead for coming out to give quotes. Get 3 or 4, no more, then go with the one you like best. Can haggle to get price down a bit if its on the higher side.

Then all the usual things, make the long list of people to notify. Electric, gas, phone, council tax, banks, tax, GP, pretty much everything you having going out to these utilities. Also car insurance, mobile contracts (and get phones unlocked before you leave if not done) child benefit, kids schools (if you have kids).

Start decluttering :)

Sophie,do u mind me asking how long it took for your 457 to be granted.....we're just waiting on ours to be granted. Exciting times ahead x

after the sponsorship had already been accepted once the recruitment company submitted our visa applications it took just a week to be confirmed! Wasn't expecting that quick.

Our 457 was granted just before Christmas and we sold our house the same day!!! Moving date 22nd feb, temporary accommodation sorted in Henley beach, kids enrolled in school and dogs vaccinations/blood tests all cleared, I just want to get on with it now, left the UK 4 years ago so easier to move on second time around, cu all on the sunny side :-)

after the sponsorship had already been accepted once the recruitment company submitted our visa applications it took just a week to be confirmed! Wasn't expecting that quick.

Thanks Sophie, recruitment firm submitted our application last week. Just want a date so we can get sorted! Not long then! Really need to get my house up for sale x

Thanks Sophie, recruitment firm submitted our application last week. Just want a date so we can get sorted! Not long then! Really need to get my house up for sale x