Guest Guest75

Flight prices more than doubled???

Guest Guest75

Hiya

I'm just wondering if this is correct.

Just had a booking cancel ( due in 17/2/15) just as they were to pay because flights from Ireland have more than doubled????

I know they become more expensive most times but more than doubled???

Never heard of this much of an increase.:confused:

Feel a bit let down as I did turn another booking from elsewhere (more profitable) to help a member out in here.

I'll now have to ask if flights are booked and the house sold before I take a booking.................

Guest Claire-n-tel

I doubt they have more than doubled!....probably gone up lots thought if they were looking several months ago and didn't book and are now looking at booking a week before flying!...why would you do that?!

Guest Guest75
    I doubt they have more than doubled!....probably gone up lots thought if they were looking several months ago and didn't book and are now looking at booking a week before flying!...why would you do that?!

It's what I thought.:err:

Guest wen66

We booked our flights first, made it our deadline. Then booked accommodation:biggrin:x

Bit silly to leave it to the last minute to book flights, unless you're winging it. :eek:

Guest Guest75
    I'm surprised you don't take a deposit. Business is business after all.

I always do take at least a 25% deposit but this inquiry was from only two days ago so no chance of a deposit. It was the full amount due.

All looks a bit late to me.

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi
    I always do take at least a 25% deposit but this inquiry was from only two days ago so no chance of a deposit. It was the full amount due.

All looks a bit late to me.

So they're saying prices have doubled in 2 days?!? If they are only looking now to book flights for next week (who would do that anyway?) maybe prices have doubled because they left it so late that economy sold out and they would have to upgrade? But there is more than one airline flying into adelaide so even if that happened with one there would be other options.

Plus, surely you book flights THEN find accomodation don't you?

So they're saying prices have doubled in 2 days?!? If they are only looking now to book flights for next week (who would do that anyway?) maybe prices have doubled because they left it so late that economy sold out and they would have to upgrade? But there is more than one airline flying into adelaide so even if that happened with one there would be other options.

Plus, surely you book flights THEN find accomodation don't you?

I checked this out last night, with Malaysia with whom I fly with in May is only about $400 dollars more to fly in two days time than it was when we booked 3 months or so ago. Singapore were maybe $600 or so more. Not double by any means.

IMO, it sounds like an excuse to get out of the booking.

I know you guys welcome people with open arms, to what (by all accounts) are lovely, comfortable, reasonably priced, homes. Ultimately though, this is your (and Tamara's) business, and it's just rude.

If there was a reason, they should've put on their big boy pants and had the courtesy to explain. Wouldn't change anything, but at least you wouldn't be scratching your head.

Next time, remember most of the people on PiA are randoms; being a member is no guarantee they are a decent human being.

:wubclub: LC

Guest Guest75
    IMO, it sounds like an excuse to get out of the booking.

I know you guys welcome people with open arms, to what (by all accounts) are lovely, comfortable, reasonably priced, homes. Ultimately though, this is your (and Tamara's) business, and it's just rude.

If there was a reason, they should've put on their big boy pants and had the courtesy to explain. Wouldn't change anything, but at least you wouldn't be scratching your head.

Next time, remember most of the people on PiA are randoms; being a member is no guarantee they are a decent human being.

:wubclub: LC

Blimey LC - you have gotten the Iron Knickers on tonight!!

Reading my mind though!!!

I've also been watching flight prices and as long as you can book 2-3 weeks in advance there is no difference to months ago when we came over on reccie. If only giving one weeks notice then yeah there is a huge difference.

Guest wen66

We just booked for the In-laws to fly from Ireland beginning of April, got a reasonably good price. There weren't many seats left on the plane over........x

So if you guys have any cancellations for the first two weeks in April.....please let me know:biggrin:x