james0070

Hi all

My Wife, Sally and I James, have applied for a parent contribution visa in June 2015, our Daughter Leanne who lives in Adelaide suggested we join this site, so we can meet some wonderful people who have Emigrated to Adelaide.

Leanne said, that when her and her partner Simon was waiting for their visa to be granted, they spent a lot of time talking to people on this site and found loads of valuable information.

So here we are, looking forward to talking to and hopefully making lots of friends.

We hope to be coming out in April/June 2017, at the moment I am an HGV driver for a supermarket chain and Sally is a Care worker in the community.

That's a bit about us, hope to speak soon.

Mr & Mrs James Griffiths.

Hello and welcome to the forum:) Lovely to hear you've been pointed to here, hopefully you'll find some useful info via the search feature and of course ask away and we'll do our best to help :)

Care work is taking off here at the moment but it does seem to be becoming a more popular area of work and lots of people now doing it. There may also be a requirement to do an Aus care certificate to be able to work in the field but I don't know the ins and outs. I don't know if UK certs can be transferred or counted. Am sure a big of research could turn that up.

Good luck with it all.

Hello James,

This is the best place to get to chat with people who have already made the move, we are on our way over in April and joined the forum for the same reason.

All the best with your move.

Regards

Phil

Welcome to the forum.

If you plan on carrying on driving you will need to redo your hgv test here as only car, bike etc can be transferred over. There's a fair amount of work for drivers though.

Welcome to the forum James and Sally. I would concur with Blossom with regards to HGV driving work (if you wanted to go down that path), one of my friends recruits in this area and struggles to fill vacancies, so there is work around.

Hi Jessica

I will be looking to carry on Driving when we arrive in Adelaide, so any help or advices will certainly be appreciated,

We hope to live in Henley Beach with our Daughter and her Boyfriend. for a few months.

Thanks

Regards

James/Sally