887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi everyone,

I need to ask something for my visa class 475 changing to 887.

I was principal applicant. worked full time for 7 months but my spouse is working full time from 11 months after 9 months n august 2015 we have to apply for 887 visa.

Can he apply or should i work 5 months more full time to complete one year?

If dependent applicant apply does he need to show them IELTS scores too?

Does it effects on visa processing too that instead of principal applicant dependent applicant is applying.

wishes,

annoisa.

Visa application August 2009, Grant received April 2013. Entered australia August 2013, will complete two years August 2015.

I was the secondary application for 487 and I applied as main applicant to 887. I checked with immigration 3 times and two immigration agents about the IELTS and they said no need to show IELTS for 887 main applicant. I got 5.5 overall for 487 and still that certificate is valid but I didn't submit that as that is not in the check list. My application is still processing. Don't know what will happen.

Edited by pata
error

Guest sidbharat

Hi! Annoisa,

No need to show IELTS. and though you have plenty of time to file your 887 visa, just wait and try to complete 12 months of your work history. also make sure that all the proof of residence are on the main applicant's name. Its on safer side if you remain as the main applicant for 887 visa as well, else CO may ask more documents and may get confused.

Guest KingJunior887

Hello Everyone

I am new to this forum and applied for 887 on 24/10/2014.

I have been lurking around in this forum for some time and found this to be very useful and informative. Many thanks to all those really contribute and it really helped me lodge my application online.

A few days ago, I got an auto-generated email from the DIPB asking me attach all evidences required. I have already attached all required documents.

Has any one in this forum got such email? does this mean my application is progressing in the queue?

Many thanks for in advance. I wish good luck to all those who are waiting in the queue ahead of me.

Hello Everyone

I am new to this forum and applied for 887 on 24/10/2014.

I have been lurking around in this forum for some time and found this to be very useful and informative. Many thanks to all those really contribute and it really helped me lodge my application online.

A few days ago, I got an auto-generated email from the DIPB asking me attach all evidences required. I have already attached all required documents.

Has any one in this forum got such email? does this mean my application is progressing in the queue?

Many thanks for in advance. I wish good luck to all those who are waiting in the queue ahead of me.

Hello King,

Its a system generated email sent to all recent 887 applicants i guess.....I applied on 27oct 2014 and got similar email reminding me to attach all supporting documents, I checked with DIBP and they said they received all my documents when I applied. ( I applied paper application by email not online)

Guest KingJunior887
Hello King,

Its a system generated email sent to all recent 887 applicants i guess.....I applied on 27oct 2014 and got similar email reminding me to attach all supporting documents, I checked with DIBP and they said they received all my documents when I applied. ( I applied paper application by email not online)

Thanks Choksy. That's what I thought but just wanted to know about it from other mates in the forum.

It is good to see queue is now progressing faster than usual.

Hi all,

To me it looks like paper based is taking more time than online.

Just for info,a friend's friend applied in April 2014 paper based (dont know exact date) received PR on 14/11/14.No CO allocated,no extra documents asked for, direct PR.He also went overseas for 55 days at a stretch,no PCC or Medical asked obviously ....

but for his cousin who applied on 1st July 2014 paper based ,this guy too went with his cousin for 55 days overseas and he was asked medical by CO (allocated on 10th oct),given medical in a week and hasn't heard anything yet...

conclusion:it depends on CO's mood to ask for medical /PCC though both persons were in same situation.

Hello All,

Iam about to drop for my 887.

I have completed the online application and just left it before submit action.

I could not see an option prior to submit for uploading my documents. Can any one shed me some light on how this online application process goes ?

Many Thanks in advance.

Guest KingJunior887
Hello All,

Iam about to drop for my 887.

I have completed the online application and just left it before submit action.

I could not see an option prior to submit for uploading my documents. Can any one shed me some light on how this online application process goes ?

Many Thanks in advance.

Hi Byrash,

You need to first submit the application after completing it in full, you then will be prompted to pay by a credit card. You will thereafter be able to attach the required documents up until they are allocated to a CO/ a decision is made on your application. This process is different from what used to be for 475 visa.

KJ

Guest Noki2012

Hi KingJunior 887.. I applied on 30/10/2014 and i also got a similar email from DIBP.. I noticed that i've been allocated a file number but not a case officer yet. Basically its just a reminder that sent to us, so when it gets allocated to a CO the process will not get delayed due to lack of supporting docs.. wish you all the very best

Guest orionalation

Got our CO allocation today. Applied in August for 887, online. They want us to submit 1221 and 80, along with AFP clearance.

I'm filling out 1221 and it's such a frustrating form. It's basically for people entering for the first time, which makes it confusing when you've already been living here for 2+ years.

Question:

Where it says "DETAILS OF YOUR JOURNEY TO AUSTRALIA", which section is relevant to us? Visitor, business, migration, student, etc.? We were on 475, so temporary resident, now applied for 887, and have Bridging Visa A issued already. Not sure which one of those we qualify for? Business? Migration? ARGH!

Hi Byrash,

You need to first submit the application after completing it in full, you then will be prompted to pay by a credit card. You will thereafter be able to attach the required documents up until they are allocated to a CO/ a decision is made on your application. This process is different from what used to be for 475 visa.

KJ

Cheers mate

hi congrats to u

as we also could not apply online so we uploaded form 1221 and sent to gsm.immi.gov.au.

but we are not assigned any CO yet.we applied on 19 june 2014 and no response from immigration

we are waiting for CO as well as PR too..

any suggestion?

Hi Emily,

You can go to this website to see if your application has been allocated yet.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.aspx

I applied in March 14 and the CO has just been allocated in October 14.

Best of luck

Heyhey

For the ones out there, one of my friend applied for 887 on Sep 2nd and got his grant today.

Just FYI -- I cant disclose any of his details like nationality and docs he submitted, respecting his privacy. He is from non high risk country is all I can say.

No co, nothing, direct grant.

Got our CO allocation today. Applied in August for 887, online. They want us to submit 1221 and 80, along with AFP clearance.

I'm filling out 1221 and it's such a frustrating form. It's basically for people entering for the first time, which makes it confusing when you've already been living here for 2+ years.

Question:

Where it says "DETAILS OF YOUR JOURNEY TO AUSTRALIA", which section is relevant to us? Visitor, business, migration, student, etc.? We were on 475, so temporary resident, now applied for 887, and have Bridging Visa A issued already. Not sure which one of those we qualify for? Business? Migration? ARGH!

I think you should be selecting migration there.

Guest lookman
Hey Lookman, I got CO Allocated today from Adelaide Team 10. I applied on 1st of September 2014

Hi Vick,

Thank you for your reply. From which state are you applying, how many applicants, what nationality? What did the CO asked for?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I believe we need to prove our residential in SA for 2 years period. I am living with my friend for the time being. Is room lease considered? Am I supposed to get a room lease agreement from my friend? Can we just get a room leasing template from the internet or we need to go thru property agent?

Guest Noki2012

Hi Cheryh79,

My situation is similar to yours.. I'm boarding at the moment and since i dont have any rent or lease agreement i used the "rooming agreement" in the SA.gov.au website. if u r in SA.. you can use this link to download it.. https://www.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0012/22710/Rooming-house-agreement.pdf

If you are in a different state you can check with the state gov website..

They havent allocated a CO for my file yet. So hopefully i wont have any issue with this doc (applied on 30/10/2014).

My friends who applied before me have used this document as proof of residence and had no issues.. however that was for mainly to cover approx 2-3 months as all of them moved to rented houses after..

Hi,

I believe we need to prove our residential in SA for 2 years period. I am living with my friend for the time being. Is room lease considered? Am I supposed to get a room lease agreement from my friend? Can we just get a room leasing template from the internet or we need to go thru property agent?

Guest KingJunior887
Hi KingJunior 887.. I applied on 30/10/2014 and i also got a similar email from DIBP.. I noticed that i've been allocated a file number but not a case officer yet. Basically its just a reminder that sent to us, so when it gets allocated to a CO the process will not get delayed due to lack of supporting docs.. wish you all the very best

Thanks Noki2012.

For the ones out there, one of my friend applied for 887 on Sep 2nd and got his grant today.

Just FYI -- I cant disclose any of his details like nationality and docs he submitted, respecting his privacy. He is from non high risk country is all I can say.

No co, nothing, direct grant.

Thanks for the info...Good news mate ....looks like the team is really working fast on applications ....in two weeks of Nov they granted few applications of July and with third week today they started with September...

All d best to all september ones

Hi Emily,

You can go to this website to see if your application has been allocated yet.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.aspx

I applied in March 14 and the CO has just been allocated in October 14.

Best of luck

Heyhey

I think the above link is not showing correct allocation as pple from september have got PR whereas it still shows June 15th !!!