Applied on 27 July 2014

80 and 1221 submitted on 29th Oct 2014

887 granted on 3-11-2014

Thank you all for your valuable comments and info to keep us calm :-D

Good luck for all

Congratulation ..... Thanks for sharing

Congratulation ..... Thanks for sharing

Thank you Himani

In your case I think there is something to do with your agent. When I submit form 80 and 1221 I received an email from the department saying I will receive a response withing 7 working days. As they said I got PR today.

I do not say that agent has done something wrong. But you'd better go after your agent as all communication is done through your agent. Department will not contact you

I think you are from Sri Lanka. I am a Sri Lankan too. Therefore I cannot see any reason why your decision get delayed. Contact your agent

All the best

Guest Himani0229

I received my grant letter today

finally got PR

thanks to everyone from this forum, very supportive and helpful ..

wish u I all the best who are waiting for visa and who are going to apply soon..

Guest Himani0229
Thank you Himani

In your case I think there is something to do with your agent. When I submit form 80 and 1221 I received an email from the department saying I will receive a response withing 7 working days. As they said I got PR today.

I do not say that agent has done something wrong. But you'd better go after your agent as all communication is done through your agent. Department will not contact you

I think you are from Sri Lanka. I am a Sri Lankan too. Therefore I cannot see any reason why your decision get delayed. Contact your agent

All the best

thanks for concern MAl123

There was my agent who did not send me the same correspondent which he receive from case officer

but finally wait is over .

finally got PR

wish u I all the best who are waiting for visa and who are going to apply soon..

Awesome.....Congratulations

Guest giveme887

finally got PR

Congratulations .... So happy for you .. Wish u all the best in future ..

Guest Papiya01

Hi I applyed for visa 887 from 475 at 6th mar2013 still waiting for my visa

my case officer change more then 4 tims I don't know what situation currenly any one can help me if know please reply

[/font]

hi Guys, i applied my 887 visa on 30 of june 2014 and on 30 september the open my case and about 9 october the ask me some question regarding my studies what i was studying and my source of paying my fees and what i was working, and my old history, have given every thing to my lawyer and the submit the require info to immi on 16 october, i dont know what will be happend next...... Praying to Almighty to give me success, please share your view on it

my case officer change more then 4 tims I don't know what situation currenly any one can help me if know please reply

[/font]

Papiya,

Can you share your nationality?

That makes a huge difference in processing your application.

It is very unfortunate and honestly annoying but inquiriers into DIBP don't indicate any clear explanatation and basically for nationals of some countries it is an open end process with no specific timeline.

Guest giveme887
hi Guys, i applied my 887 visa on 30 of june 2014 and on 30 september the open my case and about 9 october the ask me some question regarding my studies what i was studying and my source of paying my fees and what i was working, and my old history, have given every thing to my lawyer and the submit the require info to immi on 16 october, i dont know what will be happend next...... Praying to Almighty to give me success, please share your view on it[/quote

never heard from anyone they doing these kinds of investigation.... I think they should have done it before 475 or 487 .... Are you applying from 487 ??

Evrything will br alright .. Don't worry bro

[/font]

If you are from Pakistan or Bangladesh or Iran then unfortunately you have to wait minimum 14 months for visa or may be less if you are very lucky. .maximum time can be more then 14 months with no defined limit. .

Its sad..but this is how they are going. .

Good luck

hi Guys, i applied my 887 visa on 30 of june 2014 and on 30 september the open my case and about 9 october the ask me some question regarding my studies what i was studying and my source of paying my fees and what i was working, and my old history, have given every thing to my lawyer and the submit the require info to immi on 16 october, i dont know what will be happend next...... Praying to Almighty to give me success, please share your view on it

If you are from Pakistan or Bangladesh or Iran then unfortunately you have to wait minimum 14 months for visa or may be less if you are very lucky. .maximum time can be more then 14 months with no defined limit. .

Its sad..but this is how they are going. .

Also question regarding studies and job and who support you financial etc etc are usually asked from pakistani Bangladesh and irani people. .so don't worry

Good luck

Hi everyone,

I have been following this thread couple of months now.

I applied for 887 on 4th of August and was contacted by CO today, he asked for form 80 for me and my wife plus health assessment for our baby.

Guest lookman
Hi everyone,

I have been following this thread couple of months now.

I applied for 887 on 4th of August and was contacted by CO today, he asked for form 80 for me and my wife plus health assessment for our baby.

What is your nationality mate? from which state are you applying and which team contacted you.

Thanks for sharing your details.

Guest STAR111

Hello friends,

We did first entry on 01-Apr-12 (3 weeks stayed and went back), we came agai on 01-Apr-2013 (till now never go back)..

I started my full time permanent job since Jul-2013 (till now working)....

I applied 475 to 887 on 05-Aug-2014 ...

Not sure how DIAC would consider for 2years living...

Is there anyone similar sanerio like mine who applied 1.5 yrs lived in if counted from second arrival???

Thank you... :-)

Hi All

I received my golden email today :-D

Applied on 27 July 2014

80 and 1221 submitted on 29th Oct 2014

887 granted on 3-11-2014

Thank you all for your valuable comments and info to keep us calm :-D

Good luck for all

Hi Mal 123

Congratulations!!!

So I can see that trend is 3 months approximately..hope my grant comes before we go overseas!

Hello friends,

We did first entry on 01-Apr-12 (3 weeks stayed and went back), we came agai on 01-Apr-2013 (till now never go back)..

I started my full time permanent job since Jul-2013 (till now working)....

I applied 475 to 887 on 05-Aug-2014 ...

Not sure how DIAC would consider for 2years living...

Is there anyone similar sanerio like mine who applied 1.5 yrs lived in if counted from second arrival???

Thank you... :-)

Hi Star111,

One of my friends is in same boat but difference is that he went 2 times overseas in 3 years so couldn't yet complete stay of 2 years(104 weeks but they accept every year 4 weeks off so at least 96 weeks in australia,the weeks off shouldn't be last 8 weeks!).My agent through whom we had applied 475 had also told us same thing. And this friend's agent who did his 475 also said same that they have to complete 2 yrs of stay.According to all above I assume that you will finish your 2 years on 31st march 2015,not taking into consideration 3 weeks of 2012 as it was a year gap.I am not an expert but this is the conclusion.I am 99% sure this is how it works but for 1% I am unsure.You can ask your agent if you have one or just call immi and ask.Or anybody else in the forum can pls throw some light on this?

Anyways since august applications are opened now,let see may be very soon you get a CO and your query on this matter is solved.

All d best!

Edited by AT31Oct

Hello AT31Oct,

thanks for your reply ..

if CO refused our 887 application, can we continue to stay by holding our current visa 475 ?

Hi Star 111

I believe your 475 visa validity is upto 31st March 2015(or 1st april 2015) then definitely you can still live on 475.

It is valid upto 3 years from date of your first entry which i assume 1st april 2012.

As I said I am no expert but this is according to my experience and a bit of research.