887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Just one more query!!

though we have completed 2 yrs here,we still have one more year of our visa 475 validity.We are planning to go overseas in mid march 2015.In case till then if we are not granted visa(hopefully we may get by then ..keeping fingers crossed) ,can we travel overseas on same visa(475) and be back or we will have to get some bridging visa( i have heard about this in previous posts but till date not sure what is it from A to B or vice versa?).Can someone throw light on this bridging thing and does it apply to us or no?

We might come back in 2 months.

my next query is if we granted while we are overseas,will we have to come back to adelaide to get visa granted or we can come in any state(as wife is trying job in another state which sounds better than here )

worst scenario: If we are not granted visa till we are back from overseas(which will be like 7 and half months from date of application),do we have to come to adelaide and wait or can we still go in other state directly from overseas.

If anyone had been in this situation or knows or has any info about it then kindly share as have to plan dates accordingly to go overseas

thanks again!

You can apply Bridging B and travel but It might delay your decision until you come back to Australia. 887 is an On-shore visa which means you must be in Australia to grant 887.

Also immigration says, even if you are on bridging visa and your previous visa has not been expired all conditions that is attached to the previous visa is applied to you not bridging conditions. Actually that contradicts my first statement "Apply Bridging visa B to travel overseas". This is a question that must be answered by Dept of Immi. It is confusing.

What I decided was live and work in a regional area and do not travel overseas to make things simple :-)

as per my understanding You dont need to get a bridging visa to travel overseas if your current 475 is still valid. I'm in same boat, got 8-9 months left on 475 and travelling overseas in coming weeks. I called Immi twice to find out what steps I need to take If I'm travelling overseas they answered that Nothing need to be done. Plus you don't have to apply for new bridging visa a once you back. the one issued at time of applying 887 will stay valid if it has not been come in affect on the time of return to Australia.

Just one more query!!

though we have completed 2 yrs here,we still have one more year of our visa 475 validity.We are planning to go overseas in mid march 2015.In case till then if we are not granted visa(hopefully we may get by then ..keeping fingers crossed) ,can we travel overseas on same visa(475) and be back or we will have to get some bridging visa( i have heard about this in previous posts but till date not sure what is it from A to B or vice versa?).Can someone throw light on this bridging thing and does it apply to us or no?

We might come back in 2 months.

my next query is if we granted while we are overseas,will we have to come back to adelaide to get visa granted or we can come in any state(as wife is trying job in another state which sounds better than here )

worst scenario: If we are not granted visa till we are back from overseas(which will be like 7 and half months from date of application),do we have to come to adelaide and wait or can we still go in other state directly from overseas.

If anyone had been in this situation or knows or has any info about it then kindly share as have to plan dates accordingly to go overseas

thanks again!

as per my understanding You dont need to get a bridging visa to travel overseas if your current 475 is still valid. I'm in same boat, got 8-9 months left on 475 and travelling overseas in coming weeks. I called Immi twice to find out what steps I need to take If I'm travelling overseas they answered that Nothing need to be done. Plus you don't have to apply for new bridging visa a once you back. the one issued at time of applying 887 will stay valid if it has not been come in affect on the time of return to Australia.

Hi Vick, Thank you for your explanation. Following is a part of the email I received when Bridging A is granted. I made my decisions based on following, as it is a written email received from the department. I hope you received that email too

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PERMISSION TO TRAVEL

This Bridging Visa A will cease if the applicant departs Australia. Therefore, unless the applicant has another visa they will not be able to re-enter Australia. If the applicant needs to travel overseas at any time during processing of their onshore General Skilled Migration visa application, they should apply for a Bridging Visa B visa which permits re-entry to Australia. They must have substantial reasons for travel.

If the applicant does not obtain a Bridging Visa B while their substantive visa (eg any visitor visa, student visa or temporary residence visa they may hold) is still valid, and they depart and re-enter Australia using their substantive visa, they must apply for a replacement Bridging Visa A on return. Bridging Visa B applications can be lodged at any DIBP office in Australia.

A list of offices and contact details can be found at www.immi.gov.au/contacts

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest giveme887
Any news on August Applicants?? any guess how many weeks will it take to cover August applicants. lol just asking because I applied in Sep

U will hear from me first coz I applied 31 August ... Lol ... Waiting desperately .

Hi Vick, Thank you for your explanation. Following is a part of the email I received when Bridging A is granted. I made my decisions based on following, as it is a written email received from the department. I hope you received that email too

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PERMISSION TO TRAVEL

This Bridging Visa A will cease if the applicant departs Australia. Therefore, unless the applicant has another visa they will not be able to re-enter Australia. If the applicant needs to travel overseas at any time during processing of their onshore General Skilled Migration visa application, they should apply for a Bridging Visa B visa which permits re-entry to Australia. They must have substantial reasons for travel.

If the applicant does not obtain a Bridging Visa B while their substantive visa (eg any visitor visa, student visa or temporary residence visa they may hold) is still valid, and they depart and re-enter Australia using their substantive visa, they must apply for a replacement Bridging Visa A on return. Bridging Visa B applications can be lodged at any DIBP office in Australia.

A list of offices and contact details can be found at www.immi.gov.au/contacts

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This changed not too long ago so you don't need to reapply for bridging visa a when you come back. Probably worth emailing them and getting it in an email to be safe though.

I started my application on 31st too. but clicked submit on 1st Sep....lol keep me posted

U will hear from me first coz I applied 31 August ... Lol ... Waiting desperately .

I have called the office and been to office to confirm, you can travel without any worries as look as your substantive visa is valid and make sure you return to Australia before expiry of 475.

Hi Dreamer

I had already travelled...i had applied for 2 months and they granted me two months straight away ...they did not asked for any reason but u have to mention in form when u apply ....and i have applied i got BVB in less than 4 hours....

Thanks Paki for your reply. That was great that you got BVB within 4 hours......// Will you please share, how long ago did you applied for BVB from the date of your departure?....

Just checked the link to check online about documents required on ecom.immi.gov.au and to my horror i can see things that have never been mentioned by anyone in previous so many posts.I hope I am not a different one;

Below is what it says for me and wife

Fo me

1.Birth Certificate(is passport copy not ok for it ? would I required school certificates to show and should it be certified?)

2.Copy of passport(already uploaded)

3. IELTS (I had appeared for it overseas in June 2009 while applying for 475,can it be used? if not then will I have to appear for it again?)

4.Marriage certificate(does it require to be certified)

5.AFP(already uploaded)

6.Passport photo(already uploaded)

For wife

1.Birth Certificate(is passport copy not ok for it ? would I required school certificates to show and should it be certified?)

2.Copy of passport(already uploaded)

3. IELTS (she had appeared for it overseas in June 2009 while applying for 475,can it be used? if not then will she has to appear for it again?)

4.Evidence of name change(will my passport copy of her name changed and her new passport with her name changed and marriage certificate be enough?)

5.AFP(already uploaded)

6.Passport photo(already uploaded)

7.Form 1221

Its not showing form 80 and 1221 for me and form 80 for her so does that mean we dont have to submit it?

pls guys if anyone had similar situations pls let me know especially about IELTS!!!

Also is it the documents show required till a CO is alloted even though we have already sent?

i am really going crazy with this.Can anyone pls reply in detail to each query.Sorry that its too long.

thanks in advance

For 887, main applicant does not need to submit IELTS but English requirement (Functional English) usually IELTS is required for secondary applicant................

You can check about document checklist in immi website. http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/checklists/887.aspx

Thanks

This changed not too long ago so you don't need to reapply for bridging visa a when you come back. Probably worth emailing them and getting it in an email to be safe though.

If its change then can you please provide the link where is it in written format? It will be a help. Because every where (even I did a post lodgement enquiry about travel right) and I got its clearly written that BVA will cease when you depart Australia whether its in effect or not. One have to re-apply for BVA when return. Otherwise he/she will be unlawful when present substansive visa expire....

I have called the office and been to office to confirm, you can travel without any worries as look as your substantive visa is valid and make sure you return to Australia before expiry of 475.

May be the law has been changed. If you have talked to them and you are confident then No Worries :-). I haven't talked to any immi officers or been there

I visited immi website and found nothing much about travelling with your substantive visa. But again following is interesting

Link- http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/020.aspx

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you still hold a substantive visa that allows you to travel and you believe you can return to Australia before your substantive visa ends, it is your decision whether or not you want to apply for and be granted a BVB before you travel.

If you decide not to get a BVB but use your substantive visa to travel, you will need to contact your case officer as soon as you return to Australia and before your substantive visa ends.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Following are the documents that I submitted. You do not need IELTS. I am sure about that. CO should have asked if needed when he contacted me last week. Also I know my friend got 887 PR without submitting IELTS

1. Scanned colour copies of the biographical pages of the current passports - Both me and my wife (Certified by JP)

2. Australian Drivers Licence - Each (Certified by JP)

3. Recent, scanned passport-sized photograph (45 mm x 35 mm)-Each (head and shoulders against a plain background and be labelled with the applicant's name)

4. Wife's evidence of the name change (Certified by JP)

5. Scanned colour copy of birth registration for both (Including english translation) (Certified by JP)

6. Scanned colour copy of marriage certificate (Including english translation) (Certified by JP)

7. AFP checks for both

8. Wife's Degree Certificate (Certified by JP)

9. Evidence of living -Rent Agreement/Rent Receipts/Synergy Bill/iiNet Bills/Bank Statements/Tax documents

10.Evidence of working - Employee Reference Letter/Payslips/Payment summaries/Superannuation Statement

Form 80 and 1221 are not in the list but be prepared if CO asks as in my case (I prepared those forms till 3AM in the morning)

Thanks Mal 123 again for replying with all your documents list but I have not done any document certified yet and have uploaded few of them till Friday night as since yesterday the immi login website shows error.Yes we have filled both forms for both of us and I did till 5am!!..good to know I was not only the one but I feel I should have joined this group earlier to know about the documents that it can be uploaded later as I got really stressed last week to finish everything ...

Thanks vick for your reply

Since i have uploaded few documents already that are not JP signed,will it be a problem?I tried to look to cancel uploads but I couldnt find anything...So can i upload same documents again by JP signed...wont that double up ???as it says on website that the limit of file should be 5 Mb...has anyone uploaded without JP certified and not been aske dto upload again? has anyone uploaded passport as birth certificate as in my country birth certificates are taken during schooling and never returned back!!!we have high school certificates which has DOB but we dont have colour copies as no originals with us and B/W copies are attested from overseas.....can anyone with similar situation reply about it?

For 887, main applicant does not need to submit IELTS but English requirement (Functional English) usually IELTS is required for secondary applicant................

You can check about document checklist in immi website. http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/checklists/887.aspx

Thanks

Hi dreamer,

Thanks for reply but it says'evidence of english language' for both but haven't really heard from any friends those who were granted early this year or anyone for 887 but can't say.I will just have to wait and watch till CO alloted or if they ask for.Maybe that's a common msg for all types of visa???

Guest Himani0229

Hi ,

still waiting for for decision from the immigration

applied 3 rd July

co allocated 9 th October

documents submitted 14th October ( child s medical and form 80 & 1221 )

when checking online all the documents showing met from required status ...

Please if you have any suggestion how long does it take to grant the visa ?

We are planning to travel overseas so can't make the decision until grant letter .

Hi ,

applied 3 rd July

We are planning to travel overseas so can't make the decision until grant letter .

Did you contact CO?

Guest giveme887
Hi ,

applied 3 rd July

hi himani

i think u should make contact with ur case officer usually it dosnt take that long ... people i know who applied in july they all have got visa ... and after submitting things ... it just took them max 10 working days .... till 29 july its done in my knowledge

Guest Indian14nov

giveme887

hi himani

i think u should make contact with ur case officer usually it dosnt take that long ... people i know who applied in july they all have got visa ... and after submitting things ... it just took them max 10 working days .... till 29 july its done in my knowledge

Please Read carefully before replying to anyone. till 29 july its done in my knowledge

Guest giveme887
giveme887

hi himani

Please Read carefully before replying to anyone. till 29 july its done in my knowledge

whats wrong ..... till 29 july its done in my knowledge.. i have couple of friends who applied on 29th july or before..sorry if u understood it wrong..this is not immigration's official statement.

giveme887

hi himani

I applied on 27th July.

Document submitted 29th Oct

No decisions yet :-(

What Actually Happens if a application been allocated a Case officer and the applicant is overseas. does CO asks applicant to return to Australia or wait for applicant to return or CO just reject application since applicant is not in Australia as its one of the condition of 887 application for applicant to be in Australia at time of decision??