887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Guest Kaustubhkadam

Dear All,

I am silent reader in this forum.This forum has been very helpful mode of communication for all visa applicants for 887.I thank you all of you for posting helpful information on this forum.I wish you all the best for your PR.

[TABLE=class: cms_table, width: 437]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Visa type 887 from 489[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Visa applied[/TD]

[TD]20th-Nov-14[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Visa Granted[/TD]

[TD]14th Jan-15[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Period from application to Grant[/TD]

[TD=align: left]55 days[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Country of origin[/TD]

[TD=align: left]India[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Person on this application[/TD]

[TD=align: left]Only myself[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

With Warm Regards,

Kaustubh Kadam

Dear All,

I am silent reader in this forum.This forum has been very helpful mode of communication for all visa applicants for 887.I thank you all of you for posting helpful information on this forum.I wish you all the best for your PR.

[TABLE=class: cms_table, width: 437]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Visa type 887 from 489[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Visa applied[/TD]

[TD]20th-Nov-14[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Visa Granted[/TD]

[TD]14th Jan-15[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Period from application to Grant[/TD]

[TD=align: left]55 days[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Country of origin[/TD]

[TD=align: left]India[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Person on this application[/TD]

[TD=align: left]Only myself[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

With Warm Regards,

Kaustubh Kadam

Congrats dude... Hope mine is not long.. 10 day after you from same 489

Guest orionalation

Thanks! No Team 13 at any point (that I know of). Also no mail saying referring to external agencies for health, etc. In fact, they never even asked us for the health check, which is weird.

Guest orionalation

So here's a question: Now what?

I got the 887 yesterday, so what's the next step? Do I need to get my passport stamped? When do I qualify for citizenship? Is there anyone I need to notify or anything I need to change? I really have no clue!

I got the 887 yesterday, so what's the next step? Do I need to get my passport stamped? When do I qualify for citizenship? Is there anyone I need to notify or anything I need to change? I really have no clue!

when did you apply and from which visa number ?

Citizen ship info here : http://www.citizenship.gov.au/applying/

Hi Niljosna,

did you try following up with IGIS or Immi?

Hi sugarboy,

No. I m confused. Mishu applied almost same time of me, and he was asked for AFP last month. But for me no one contacted. My agent emailed Immi last month. They said to wait till February and then if we want we can complain to IGIS. So may b I will complain in March.

1. Enroll with Centrelink

2. Inform your employer about your residency status

3. You have to stay at least one year as PR to apply for citizenship

About 6 months before, I have seen many people here who waiting for result from beginning of 2013. Now I see only 2/3 people here. Did all of them get the result already?

I know alot of people ( Bangladesh and Iran and pakistani) at my work place who applied between July 2013 till June 2014 ..they all are waiting for 887. .non of them got visa. ..

But almost every one at my work place who applied after 1 July 2014 got 887 in three to five months including people from Bangladesh and Pakistan and Iran. .There is no one on waiting who applied after 1 July 2014 at my work place. .

I myself applied in April 2014. .I wish I would have waited for three months more to apply then results would have been much different now. ..

I am sure we all are in security check and DIBP can't do anything now till they get positive feedback from security check. .

Alhamdulillah one of my Bangladeshi friend got his PR on 7th Jan-2015. He applied on February-2014 from 475-887.Finger crossed for all who are waiting for long time.

Very good news. .I think this is the only one person we know who got 887 in a very good time who applied before "1 July 2014"..other than asad in this forum. .

Hi everybody

one of my Iranian friend got grant after one month and 6 days. he applied on 7th of December 2014 and got the visa on 13th of Jan 2015.

I have no idea what they are doing in immigration and whatever it is, it is not FAIR, people are waiting from 2013.

I applied in May and after 4 month CO was allocated and in September they asked about my resume.

WHAT IS GOING ON?

do you think calling immigration will help or just waste of time?

I feel i need to call and complain about situation.

I am 100 % sure that it will be a waste of time to call them because once they send case to external agency for security check then they can't do anything till they get positive feedback from security check. .they don't have any authority over external agency to expedite the security check. .

all we can do is to contact IGIS after one year of starting security check. .

yep, hopefully department has changed its policy of discrimination at least for on shore applicants of 887.Those who have already been subjected to long checks, they should ring, email or fax whatever they can to record their dissatisfaction and frustration.I am sure it will help.

I'm sure it won't.

I know alot of people ( Bangladesh and Iran and pakistani) at my work place who applied between July 2013 till June 2014 ..they all are waiting for 887. .non of them got visa. ..

But almost every one at my work place who applied after 1 July 2014 got 887 in three to five months including people from Bangladesh and Pakistan and Iran. .There is no one on waiting who applied after 1 July 2014 at my work place. .

I myself applied in April 2014. .I wish I would have waited for three months more to apply then results would have been much different now. ..

I am sure we all are in security check and DIBP can't do anything now till they get positive feedback from security check. .

Yes, current observation supports your analysis. But, I would like to amend the date from '1 July 2014' to '1 June 2014'.

I'm sure it won't.

I am sure you are not an applicant , you are from web admin.you cant feel the pain we have..

we can record our feedback it is perfectly legal.may be it would help..

I am sure you are not an applicant , you are from web admin.you cant feel the pain we have..

we can record our feedback it is perfectly legal.may be it would help..

Exactly. I've been through it. I waited 18 months for a temp visa which was advertised as taking 6 months. I've been on 6 different visa types. I know only too well what it's like. Ask my work colleagues who had me crying so hard when I finally got pr that I couldn't tell them why I was crying.

I've seen so many people's frustration for many years, and I can guarantee it won't help.

Exactly. I've been through it. I waited 18 months for a temp visa which was advertised as taking 6 months. I've been on 6 different visa types. I know only too well what it's like. Ask my work colleagues who had me crying so hard when I finally got pr that I couldn't tell them why I was crying.

I've seen so many people's frustration for many years, and I can guarantee it won't help.

I concur with Blossom, it will not help.

The only way to expedite your application is to present a compelling or compassionate reason why your application should be processed quicker than those waiting behind you in the queue. I can't think of any reason which would be compelling or compassionate enough to get your visa quicker as getting PR is a privilege not a right.

Taking out the frustration will not at all result in you getting your grant quicker.