887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Just now, Baki2016 said:

New Australian police check for main applicant. 

Previously with application we lodged Australian police check but was for different purposes,  CO asked for new one for immigration purposes.

It was your bad luck.....As per previous records after CO allocation they again open file 1month and 12days. So, Hopefully you will get your golden email either today or tomorrow. Best Of Luck...................................

Hi everyone,

I got co today and asked requested document.

he asked my wife's ielts. I have confusion because my wife did Pearson on the time of 489 visa.She did Pearson in January 2015. Is it still valid ? or She has  todo again. Pls suggest me!!

Applied 887 on 22 June 2017

co requested documents 20 sept 2017

9 hours ago, 887-Applied said:

Hi all,
Any update whose CO allocated on 22-August & 28-August also mention which further documents requested by CO and what is current status still waiting or received golden email. I am on same board waiting and waiting asked by NEW AFP certificate in which before marriage surname was not mentioned.....
Thanks

who is main applicant at the time of 489? and who is main applicant in 887?

4 minutes ago, 887-Applied said:

who is main applicant at the time of 489? and who is main applicant in 887?

https://www.border.gov.au/Lega/Lega/Form/Immi-FAQs/how-can-i-prove-i-have-competent-english 

clearly mentioned it is valid for 3 years if you get certain score You have achieved the following minimum test scores in each of the four test components: 12 for listening, 13 for reading, 21 for writing and 18 for speaking, in a Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based test (TOEFL iBT) test that has been undertaken in the three years immediately prior to lodging the visa application.

• You have achieved a test score of at least 50 in each of the four test components (speaking, reading, listening and writing) in a Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic that has been undertaken in the three years immediately prior to lodging the visa application.
  •  

7 minutes ago, Rimi said:

I was the main applicant at the time of 489 and still me at 887. But my wife did Pearson that time 

Please again read requirement checklist carefully. you should have other option submit Graduation documents which shows English standards. English test not mandatory for Dependent as per my knowledge   

13 hours ago, Rimi said:

Hi everyone,

he asked my wife's ielts. I have confusion because my wife did Pearson on the time of 489 visa.She did Pearson in January 2015. Is it still valid ? or She has  todo again. Pls suggest me!!

Hi Rimi, I submitted my wife's Ielts resulted March 15 (she is a dependent on 489).

My CO asked for her the same....

The IELTS / any other English tests are valid for only 12 months...previously they changed it to 3 years...as of now its 12 months ONLY....there is no grounds for one to dispute this..

I submitted her 3 years bachelor degree (transcripts and actual degree certificate- of course certified) with a letter from the Uni that the complete course was completed  in English language as a full time student.

hope this helps...Cheers 

i would recommend to either either book an IELTS (or any other English test) ASAP if you can't get this letter.

18 hours ago, Rimi said:

Hi everyone,

Book for IELTS ASAP

I am posting this here because i find a large number of existing 489 holders active here, apologies if i am breaking any forum rules(sorry admin, i am unable to find active 489'ers !!).

My family (2adults+Infant) has been granted 489 visa recently and is moving soon.  We understand that there is no assistance from government for child care etc.

Can someone on 489 tell us

1. Cost for child minding/child care for 489, (as the rebate is applicable to only permanent residents) -  We are both qualified, skilled individuals and expect to find work, but what are the costs for non-residents? [i came across a blog that says 60-100/Day for a 9-5 session, but wanted to know the ground reality].

2. Is the new arrival waiting period applicable for 887 as well? [i know its 2 years before you receive any kind of support, but i came across a comment that says '887 is granted medicare,FTB,Child care B, CC rebate etc but not Newstart allowance or Sickness allowance']. Please comment

(I am a new member of this forum joined 10 mins back, please be kind !! )

Edited by epb_beta
additional clarity

9 hours ago, Nimra86 said:

And is this only for the functional English part of assessment or applies to the primary applicant s Pte results as well 

IELTS is 12 months.. unsure when the changed it...PTE and other assessment criterias for English...

No English requirement for Primary applicant.

Edited by Barracountry
Grammatical error

9 hours ago, epb_beta said:

I am posting this here because i find a large number of existing 489 holders active here, apologies if i am breaking any forum rules(sorry admin, i am unable to find active 489'ers !!).

My family (2adults+Infant) has been granted 489 visa recently and is moving soon.  We understand that there is no assistance from government for child care etc.

Can someone on 489 tell us

1. Cost for child minding/child care for 489, (as the rebate is applicable to only permanent residents) -  We are both qualified, skilled individuals and expect to find work, but what are the costs for non-residents? [i came across a blog that says 60-100/Day for a 9-5 session, but wanted to know the ground reality].

2. Is the new arrival waiting period applicable for 887 as well? [i know its 2 years before you receive any kind of support, but i came across a comment that says '887 is granted medicare,FTB,Child care B, CC rebate etc but not Newstart allowance or Sickness allowance']. Please comment

(I am a new member of this forum joined 10 mins back, please be kind !! )

Firstly, You cant claim nothing even medicare before getting Permanent Resident, allowance and aids are for those who needs support for short period of time however it is not an advantages of Permanent Resident.

Managing self funds and building carriers may helps you.

cheers

Hello everyone!

Came across this site yesterday and quickly registered as I found it very informative and members are active. Had I known this site before I lodged, it would have been a breeze preparing our application. Lodged 887 last August 18 and finished attaching all documents August 22. I believe I have attached all documents. As some of the applicants here, we also stayed with a relative for 11months so I just provided statutory declaration from my uncle confirming that we lived with him plus letters, bank statements, school records, and even Myki card travel history for 2 years (we only have 1 car and we sometimes intentionally take the bus just to have a additional record).

Have one concern though, I hope someone in this forum could enlighten me, please...any inputs I would really appreciate. Our passport is expiring early November. There is only two way to renew...either fly to Canberra and spend about $2000 and have the new passport released by late November or early December..or wait for the passport mobile service in our state happening in January 2018 and have the new passport by end March or early April for $400. I wanted to save time and money but definitely would not want to put our application at risk. My question is will our expiring passport negatively affect the grant of our visa? I have not read any strict rule about passport in their website. If my CO contact me now and request for a new passport it will take me 2 months to provide.

Sorry for the lengthy post...I just wanted to know if they will still grant you visa even if your passport has just expired while awaiting decision or is near to expire. Thank you and good luck to all!

Hi all, I know this is the most irrelevant post on this thread but couldn't find anyone more appropriate that you all who have spent 2 years in Adelaide to answer this. While on 489, do we have to pay higher school fees compared to the PR holders? Is there any email id I can drop an email to confirm this ?

17 hours ago, Nimra86 said:

Hi all, I know this is the most irrelevant post on this thread but couldn't find anyone more appropriate that you all who have spent 2 years in Adelaide to answer this. While on 489, do we have to pay higher school fees compared to the PR holders? Is there any email id I can drop an email to confirm this ?

You have to bear all medical and educational expenses even after you get your citizenship, just matter of more or less. Meanwhile on visa level like 489 how do you expect for education will be free for you.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your response.. no where in my post have I mentioned I expect education to be free. I have read in a few forums earlier about SA charging the same fee in public schools as for PR holders. So my question was if that is true or have you all be paying much higher than that. Hope that is clear now

Hi nimra....

I was on 489 visa and got PR last week.

I got 2 kids 14 and 10 years old and i didnt pay any international fee for both of them. All i provided was a copy of 489 visa to school and i was charged same as domestic students ie. around $300 -400 annualy for both at public school. So it is same for PR students as well.

hope it helps

thanks

• Like 2