887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

On 9/2/2017 at 2:10 PM, Jason said:

Hello mate let me help you.

plents of people are asking this question in the forum.

if you haven't gone back to ur country since u came to Australia then your old PCC from back home will work again. You don't need one.

if you haven't gone back home then how could you do crime or anything back home, it's as simple as that so your old PCC back home gonna work again.

no need of new one, that's what I did in my previous visa.

Hi All,

I have one question. I have applied for 887 visa 2 months ago. In the application form, I have mentioned to my parents and my siblings in the application (as non migrating members). Now, in the online Lodgement webpage and also in the acknowledge letter I have got myself as the main applicant, my wife as a second applicant but my parents and my siblings' name also appear as non migrating members. Do I need to fill in form 1023? Thanks.

Best,

Sam

On 8/30/2017 at 5:03 PM, Pax said:

Hi everyone,

Just got my family's 887 visa.

Visa applied : 14/04/2017

First CO : 21/07/2017( asked for English translation of police certificate of other counties)

My husband were out of Australia from 05 to 25 August.

Emailed CO to notice my husband was back to Australia on 28 August.

Second CO : grant today 30/08/2017

Thanks very much this forum is great.

Some notice:

1. I did not upload 1221 form. Uploaded 80 form.

2. During the two years living in Australia, I travelled to other countries for about 8 weeks.

3. My husband and my son did not live in Australia for 2 years. My husband was living and working outside of Australia for the whole time and only came to Australia when we submitted the 887 application

Pax

Did your husband and son undergo medicals again as they lived mostly outside Australia?

4 hours ago, 887-Applied said:

Any update whose CO allocated in August asking further documents
Please share your feedback
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my co was allocated in august, ask for police clearence certificate, which i provided on the same date, since then its nearly been 2 months, havent heard anything back

Edited by gurpinder singh

On 21/09/2017 at 12:05 PM, Apr08 said:

Book for IELTS ASAP

Yes, we booked her Pearson test same day(20th sept). Only that early date was available in Adelaide and we are living in cairns. She booked her flight and everything.She did her exam 22th sept and got her result yesterday. Now we uploaded her Pearson test score report. And waiting for golden email.

7 hours ago, 887-Applied said:

Any update whose CO allocated in August asking further documents
Please share your feedback
Thanks

CO allocated on 21/08/2017. Submitted further documents (letter of employers reference and notice of assesment) on 4/9/2017. Still awaiting (I know it's still early).

Edited by Pearl

On 23/09/2017 at 12:56 PM, 16 april said:

Hi nimra....

I was on 489 visa and got PR last week.

I got 2 kids 14 and 10 years old and i didnt pay any international fee for both of them. All i provided was a copy of 489 visa to school and i was charged same as domestic students ie. around $300 -400 annualy for both at public school. So it is same for PR students as well.

hope it helps

thanks

Hi.. sorry for another trouble.. could I have the name of the school.. just reaching out to a few to check..

The rules for payment of international school fees for temporary visa holders appear to have changed fron Jan 2017 to bring SA into line with other states. 

Full international fees are payable for new temporary visa holders from that date and from Jan 2018 for all existing temporary visa holders

My timeline for 887 visa.

Application date 08/04/2017

(Baby-born- 15/05/2017)

C/O 27/07/2017

-Asked for newborn birth reg. and passport.

C/O 30/08/2017

-Asked to do paper based medical.

Can anyone suggest me what else they may asked for NEWBORN ?

Many thankx and wish everyone to get their grant soon.

Cheers

HI All,
I got my GRANT Finally on Friday 22/09/2017.
I was so exited to write you on Friday [emoji4] What a wonderful start for a weekend was that [emoji3]
Anyway 
Applied 24/04/2017
CO 01/08/2017 (asked for new AFP for main applicant)
Grant - 22/09/2017

Will all the best to all of you....Cheers
Congratulations!

1 hour ago, Baki2016 said:

HI All,

I got my GRANT Finally on Friday 22/09/2017.

I was so exited to write you on Friday :) What a wonderful start for a weekend was that :D

Anyway 

Applied 24/04/2017

CO 01/08/2017 (asked for new AFP for main applicant)

Grant - 22/09/2017

Will all the best to all of you....Cheers

Hi Baki2016,

May I know which team you are in and the initial of your CO? 

applied 27/04/2017

CO  21/09/2017  (asked for updated Police certificate for secondary applicant only)..

3 minutes ago, 887-Applied said:

Hi,
Is it your first CO approach you on 21-sep
Any reason for late
Thanks

Yes that's the first CO contact. We have no idea why it took almost 5 months before they contact us. Actually we are expecting a direct grant since they did not contact us earlier..

12 hours ago, cliffy said:

The rules for payment of international school fees for temporary visa holders appear to have changed fron Jan 2017 to bring SA into line with other states. 

Full international fees are payable for new temporary visa holders from that date and from Jan 2018 for all existing temporary visa holders

Response I received for my email .....

For visa subclass 489 you are only required to pay local fees which varies depending on the school, however it is around $450 if in a government school.

School card information (which supports the payment of school fees) can be found athttps://www.sa.gov.au/topics/education-and-learning/financial-help-scholarships-and-grants/school-card-scheme

Your children  will be able to enrol in a school within the zone of your residence.

2 hours ago, Nimra86 said:

Response I received for my email .....

For visa subclass 489 you are only required to pay local fees which varies depending on the school, however it is around $450 if in a government school.

School card information (which supports the payment of school fees) can be found athttps://www.sa.gov.au/topics/education-and-learning/financial-help-scholarships-and-grants/school-card-scheme

Your children  will be able to enrol in a school within the zone of your residence.

Hi Nimra86,

While we were on 489 visa, concrete in Victoria, Melbourne, we didnt pay anything for my kids - they learn in governmental school. 

When we came my youngest was 4 and we enrolled him in kindergarten (we paid around 360$ per term). (note that in kinder they can stay only 3 days for 4 hours). Lucky that after 6 months he became old enough to start in school (full time), so I could start with work - full time. :)

Hope this was helpful.

All the best