887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Dear All,

First of all, many of the forum members including myself our heart is very weak so please do not scare us by posting some legal info.

I have checked many of the Permanent residency visas regulations and everywhere mentioned the same thing about the financial intake each year. It doesn't mean that 887 visas have been closed. Based on my knowlege, at the end of 2015 many regional areas including Orana was accepting the huge number of 489 application and now all these applicants applying for 887 visas which leads to huge pressure to the limited number of case officers. That's the only reason why files keep delaying. Not for the migration intake.

Do don't worry and sit tight.

image.png.d01ca2a9760556e127c2426db3682c92.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RCBC said:

thanks or the update. By looking at the rate they go, I think we could not expect any response till mid May.  

I'm actually not expecting lots of grants till July. We just have to relax and wait. They'll eventually give us our grants, no matter how long they take

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, alexoir said:

I'm actually not expecting lots of grants till July. We just have to relax and wait. They'll eventually give us our grants, no matter how long they take

Problem is this thing holding a lot of decisions for everyone. But, at the end of the day, we are helpless and can't do anything about it :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HeyMate said:

All of a sudden they been very slow. Seems like all these are govt planned. It's not only 887, it's all visas. :/ seems like Something going on inside. 

But it seems that they extend processing time each month for 887 visa. Earlier most of applicants got their grants less than 3 months. Now it's 11 months. Too frustrating and waiting is extended ??

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, 887_2018 said:

But it seems that they extend processing time each month for 887 visa. Earlier most of applicants got their grants less than 3 months. Now it's 11 months. Too frustrating and waiting is extended ??

Never the processing time was three months,it was 7 to 9 months,but someone got grant within 3 months 

1 hour ago, Worried-and-waiting said:

But they have started processing applications for November. :|I applied on the 31st of October and we got a case officer. I can understand how frustrating this must be for you. Lets hope you get some news soon.

Have they asked any info from you or just the case officer is assigned?