887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

2 hours ago, Raman_ 3rd Nov 2017 said:

Hi Guys,

just letting you know, I got my PR today.

( my agent emailed me grant letters just now)

Timeline below;

applied on 3 Nov 2017

got CO Adam on 13 April 2018 asked 1 year employment and 2 year residency proof and today I got PR CO Dat.

Thanks to everyone who putting information on this forum it was very helpfull to know what going around with this visa and specail Thanks to everyone's favourite @Russki( Thanks you buddy for all the help, you are a good man).

i hope everyone will get grants very soon. i hope @Poonam@su89@SK10 @ ricky will get grants soon you guys are waiting from long time. wish you a good luck.

i will hang around to celebrate your success.

Thanks again. 

Yoohooooo!!!!!! Congratulations Raman!!!  So happy to hear your news,  wow!  Enjoy freedom and stick around for a bit to keep us company!  ???

• Like 3

Hi Guys,

Timeline below;

applied on 3 Nov 2017

got CO Adam on 13 April 2018 asked 1 year employment and 2 year residency proof and today I got PR CO Dat.

Thanks to everyone who putting information on this forum it was very helpfull to know what going around with this visa and specail Thanks to everyone's favourite @Russki( Thanks you buddy for all the help, you are a good man).

i hope everyone will get grants very soon. i hope @Poonam@su89@SK10 @ ricky will get grants soon you guys are waiting from long time. wish you a good luck.

Thanks again. 

Congratulations dear. ....you are so lucky ....in my case we are giving our property to someone  else for low price with the loss of 30,000 just because didn’t get Pr this week ...we are nominating someone on our place on Monday ...bad luck for us...I am very upset with this priority processing system

• Sad 4

10 minutes ago, Poonam said:

Congratulations dear. ....you are so lucky ....in my case we are giving our property to someone  else for low price with the loss of 30,000 just because didn’t get Pr this week ...we are nominating someone on our place on Monday ...bad luck for us...I am very upset with this priority processing system

10 minutes ago, Poonam said:

Did anyone notice that "estimated processing time" is missing from the immi account recently?

Is it just me or everyone?

1 minute ago, Bimu said:

Did anyone notice that "estimated processing time" is missing from the immi account recently?

Is it just me or everyone?

Yeah it is missing from immi account but on global processing time frame page it is written as 75 % application finalised in 8 months  and 90 % application in 10 months 

• Like 1

Yeah it is missing from immi account but on global processing time frame page it is written as 75 % application finalised in 8 months  and 90 % application in 10 months 
Hey poonam i can give you the number of agent in queensland. Who can grant your loan with 10% deposit but interest rate would be around 7.10%. Once you get your residency you can refinance it. I did the same

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Just now, Tpsk said:

Hey poonam i can give you the number of agent in queensland. Who can grant your loan with 10% deposit but interest rate would be around 7.10%. Once you get your residency you can refinance it. I did the same

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

But we have to pay heavy stamp duty nearly 70000 dollars ....after 10 % deposit 61000 .it is difficult to pay stamp duty

4 hours ago, Russki said:

Hey Toni,

Look at this link, it may be of some help? ? ? It talks a bit about residency proof:

https://www.australiavisa.com/immigration-news/from-a-489-to-a-887-visa/

Thanks Russki for your response. Actually, I have read the link that you mentioned yesterday and still not clear. Obviously, main applicant MUST hold 487/489 at least 2 years before lodging 887. However, they did NOT say that main applicant could NOT use the bills after lodgement date as proofs of their  residency evidence. What they ask, again, is: HAVE LIVED in specified regional areas at least 2 years. And they did NOT say main applicant HAVE TO LIVED in any specified regional area 2 years before lodging 887. 

From my opinion, when you lodged 887, CO could assess your application anytime. So, at the assessing time, you MUST show them (within 28 days if insufficient) that you HAVE LIVED in specified regional areas for 2 years. As they would NOT wait or give you time to fulfil that condition when they are assessing the application. 

Anyway, I will provide both Statuatory Declarations and recently bills. Fingers cross. ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Russki said:

Nothing unusual, nothing to worry about! ? You will probably be given 28 days to submit, but I would advise submitting as soon as possible. ? Employer letter is easy to obtain in most cases, will take a couple of days! ? 

Thanks dear we have emailed hr let's see how long they take......how about ur_ case? How long u been waiting since u submit the consent letter?

10 hours ago, Poonam said:

@Poonam i feel for you. i know its very disappointing. i will suggest see if you can talk to any broker and get a loan even on higher interest rate, rather than losing 30k.may be buy half n half with any cousin/ friend and pay stamp duty. and you may be able to sell it for price in year time. 

12 hours ago, jasond_chhetri said:

hi raman (can you please share some information)

the immi just asked for the evidence for  at least 1 year as the holder of an eligible visa.therefore we gave them 1 years of payslips, right?  Likewise i think its okie to submit one years of superannuation statement.  in my case i have a statement for 18 months which has already met the criteria.when  my employer has promised us that  missed super soon.i have already downloaded the statement for 18 months which clearly shows my employer contribution ,  my agent asked me the super statement till now or provide the statutary  declaration for the missed super.in my opinion why should i give super statement him till now which immi didnt ask me?

raman if  have provided the superannuation  statement ,for how many years of super statement did you provide?.

and also in this forum generally those who have applied how many years of super statement did you guys provided.

Yes, you are right. we only need to show 1 year emplyment, 1 year payslips are fine. i provided 1 year super statement( you have 18 months statement which is fine, you dont have to show current statement ) also attach Tax return statement for 1 year, contract of employment, bank statement showing your salary from your employer. 

14 hours ago, Raman_ 3rd Nov 2017 said:

Hi Guys,

Timeline below;

applied on 3 Nov 2017

Thanks again. 

Many congrats Raman!!!!!

• Like 1

@Poonam i feel for you. i know its very disappointing. i will suggest see if you can talk to any broker and get a loan even on higher interest rate, rather than losing 30k.may be buy half n half with any cousin/ friend and pay stamp duty. and you may be able to sell it for price in year time. 

No one is helping us in this situation ....Not even friends n cousins .....just pray for us today is last day of hope for us

• Sad 2

11 hours ago, Toni Huynh said:

Thanks Russki for your response. Actually, I have read the link that you mentioned yesterday and still not clear. Obviously, main applicant MUST hold 487/489 at least 2 years before lodging 887. However, they did NOT say that main applicant could NOT use the bills after lodgement date as proofs of their  residency evidence. What they ask, again, is: HAVE LIVED in specified regional areas at least 2 years. And they did NOT say main applicant HAVE TO LIVED in any specified regional area 2 years before lodging 887. 

From my opinion, when you lodged 887, CO could assess your application anytime. So, at the assessing time, you MUST show them (within 28 days if insufficient) that you HAVE LIVED in specified regional areas for 2 years. As they would NOT wait or give you time to fulfil that condition when they are assessing the application. 

Anyway, I will provide both Statuatory Declarations and recently bills. Fingers cross. ?

Hi Toni! ? The link was more a general info... ? ? 

Yes, I understand your trail of thoughts, but it works differently, the CO wants to see 2 years completed before the lodgement, anything after the lodgement is not taken into account regarding residency... This is why it is best to be prepared properly! ? I'd advise to get your declarations done and anything else you can possibly think of to prove your 2 years residency prior to lodgement. I will keep my fingers crossed for you! Good luck!!! ? 

If I have a chance to talk to an agent, I will ask them about it for sure and will let you know. ? 

10 hours ago, Kaur said:

Thanks dear we have emailed hr let's see how long they take......how about ur_ case? How long u been waiting since u submit the consent letter?

Hi Kaur, that's great news. ? I have attached my employers' letters when I applied, so CO didn't have to ask for them. ? Instead, the COs asked me for other stupid information twice, and I am still waiting in the queue for my grant... ? ? 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Poonam said:

Dear Poonam,

Very limited number of applicant will understand your situation and I am one of them. I can understand how painful it is. Due to PR issue I have to pay extra around $80K on Property. Funny thing was I wasn’t aware anything about this and my fucken solicitor didn’t inform me initially. Anyway, last 1 year property value increased. And I am currently in breakeven point on my imagination. I know one thing that ever happened it’s happen for our good. So don’t know as you invest on property it will never let you down.

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

Timeline below;

applied on 3 Nov 2017

Thanks to everyone who putting information on this forum it was very helpfull to know what going around with this visa and specail Thanks to everyone's favourite [mention=2871]Russki[/mention]( Thanks you buddy for all the help, you are a good man).

i hope everyone will get grants very soon. i hope [mention=3008]Poonam[/mention][mention=2978]su89[/mention][mention=3042]SK10[/mention] @ ricky will get grants soon you guys are waiting from long time. wish you a good luck.

Thanks again. 

Congrats mate

Sent from my ONEPLUS using Tapatalk

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, deftown said:

Hi Guys,

The committee has extended the date to 14th August 2018. What do you guys think? Those who get their PR before this date 14th August 2018, Are they waived off from this bill?

image.thumb.png.1e0e7d5bba1a73cb59d644eef399b329.png

I just rang 

Committee Secretary
Senate Standing Committees on Community Affairs
PO Box 6100
Parliament House
Canberra ACT 2600 

Phone: +61 2 6277 3515
Fax: +61 2 6277 5829

And the lady from there said AS PER HER UNDERSTANDING if the bill doesn't get the royal assent by 01/07/2018 it will come to effect on 01/01/2019( if it gets the assent by then) and those who have PR by then will be exempt.

Anyway I hope her understanding is correct.

If they dont change the draft in the website - the suggested amendments draft after 01/07 and change the effective date - I would give them a buzz and query . 

Fingers Crossed !!

Anyway I hope we all get our grants before 01/01/2019 ? 

Hope Immi decide to pick up the pace in the NEW YEAR !!

Have a good weekend guys - we will have a busy week ahead with a shower of grants !!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, su89 said:

I just rang 

Committee Secretary
Senate Standing Committees on Community Affairs
PO Box 6100
Parliament House
Canberra ACT 2600 

Phone: +61 2 6277 3515
Fax: +61 2 6277 5829

And the lady from there said AS PER HER UNDERSTANDING if the bill doesn't get the royal assent by 01/07/2018 it will come to effect on 01/01/2019( if it gets the assent by then) and those who have PR by then will be exempt.

Anyway I hope her understanding is correct.

If they dont change the draft in the website - the suggested amendments draft after 01/07 and change the effective date - I would give them a buzz and query . 

Fingers Crossed !!

Anyway I hope we all get our grants before 01/01/2019 ? 

Hope Immi decide to pick up the pace in the NEW YEAR !!

Have a good weekend guys - we will have a busy week ahead with a shower of grants !!!!

Hi Su89,

You are my man. Relieved very much. It seems we will be very happy if this bill gets rejected rather than getting PR. :)

Hopefull everything shud go fine.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, deftown said:

Hi Su89,

You are my man. Relieved very much. It seems we will be very happy if this bill gets rejected rather than getting PR. ?

Hopefull everything shud go fine.

I know - we deserve at least not to be discriminated !!

Hope the bill doesn't go past the senate.

Anyway we will wait till Monday and see if the change the days in the drafts. Then we know for sure !

I will keep you posted if I see any update anywhere - ?

• Like 1