887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

59 minutes ago, Khan90 said:

Nope still waiting nd getting angry?Worst part is they havnt even touched my file yet. Status is still RECEIVED. Wish i could do something about it. 

MY STATUS IN IMMI ACCOUNT WAS RECEIVED EVEN AT 5PM YESTERDAY MELBOURNE TIME - I kept logging in and out to all day - 5.12 pm I got my grant- By received status it doesn't mean that they have not opened your file. Thats what I think.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, su89 said:

MY STATUS IN IMMI ACCOUNT WAS RECEIVED EVEN AT 5PM YESTERDAY MELBOURNE TIME - I kept logging in and out to all day - 5.12 pm I got my grant- By received status it doesn't mean that they have not opened your file. Thats what I think.

So its 5:12pm adelaide time?

6 minutes ago, su89 said:

Congrats mate. Hope i get the same today.. Nd wish all of you goodluck. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, 11Dec2015 said:

As 489 visa holders, is there anyone know how to avoid paying medicare levy surcharge 2% ?

You have to claim it back when you do your tax return. Before doing that however you need to get a Medicare Entitlement Statement. You can get the information on the website of the Department of Human Services. Print the application form, fill in and email to them. You should get a statement through the post which will confirm that you were assessed as not being entitled to Medicare services. You can use this to claim your rebate.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

You have to claim it back when you do your tax return. Before doing that however you need to get a Medicare Entitlement Statement. You can get the information on the website of the Department of Human Services. Print the application form, fill in and email to them. You should get a statement through the post which will confirm that you were assessed as not being entitled to Medicare services. You can use this to claim your rebate.

for the first two year of my 489, I filed the return without medical entitlement form and there was no issue. This year I got Medicare in Feb. so I'll be claiming part rebate and need to fill this medical entitlement form.

31 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

Attached is the form.

MEF.pdf

18 hours ago, su89 said:

Guys !!! We got our PR !!!

Just checked the immi after the call from my agent !

Will be back shortly with our doc list.

We applied on 11/01 

Thank you guys for all the support in the 6 months waiting

Have faith we will all be there !!!

congrats dear,

had been a while since we had such good news.... 

very happy for you both.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, HSK (Applied 14 sep 17) said:

congrats dear,

had been a while since we had such good news.... 

very happy for you both.

Hi HSK,

My case is almost similar to you. Applied on 14th October and the third contact with me was on 6th June by Adam. Thinking to give them a call.....do you know to which number should I call them?

14 hours ago, a4anudeep said:

Hi Freddy
As per my knowledge and information I got from a immigration lawyer. For two years you can stay overseas or on holidays for 90days. O have been overseas so many times in my two years time. I went around 110 days.

If you want to be very very safe you can wait for the 31 days as well or else you can apply the customer on 28/07.

Sent from my ONEPLUS using Tapatalk

Thanks, a4anudeep. I have one of my friend whose 887 Visa was rejected as he traveled for 12 weeks (2 trips) without compensating them. He had to apply again after rejection as he has a valid 489 at that time (he is a PR now). My case is different as my 489 will expire this October, so I won't have another chance to apply if my visa rejected for the first time. by the way, does anyone know what happens if your 887 visa rejected while you are on a bridging visa only?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zubayer said:

Hi HSK,

My case is almost similar to you. Applied on 14th October and the third contact with me was on 6th June by Adam. Thinking to give them a call.....do you know to which number should I call them?

I think 131881

14 hours ago, a4anudeep said:

Hi Freddy
As per my knowledge and information I got from a immigration lawyer. For two years you can stay overseas or on holidays for 90days. O have been overseas so many times in my two years time. I went around 110 days.

If you want to be very very safe you can wait for the 31 days as well or else you can apply the customer on 28/07.

Sent from my ONEPLUS using Tapatalk

Thank you for this post  Anu. I am feeling so relaxed as I was away only for 4 days. Is it considerable?

• Like 1