887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

3 hours ago, S_SHAH said:

Its unbelievable... Now they change processing time to 12 to 15 MONTHS....

image.png.75806afb558978b9c2b3b7d04c5fbbc0.png 

This is absolutely disheartening to say the least! I know our venting out here wouldn't do much, but as @Russki suggested I'm ready to sign for the petition too if that at least has a slightest chance to speed things up. 489 in reality is more like a limbo visa you are neither here nor there. You pay tax like a resident, but you are considered an outsider for other entitlements. So the reality is we all as proven skilled assets to this country is missing out on a lot of things on offer.

On a different note, can I know if anyone here did apply for an auto loan and got accepted while you have less than 1 year validity remaining on 489 or while you were in the bridging visa? If so, the institution please. This is for my own research. Thank you in advance.

Hi ,

With the changed timeline it is really hard to plan things. Initially it was 3-5 months, so planned to do things( mortgage, car, holiday, visiting home country etc) but now as the timelines are never ending, feels like we are standing no where. And that too it is not confirmed that after waiting this long we all gonna get the direct grant.

@Honey i did call the immi department today. Initially he simply said, check your account. Whatever you can see there, I would see the same. Upon insisting that at the time of application it was 3-5 months and now its keep on changing. He checked the application and said there is nothing updated 🙄. Do not where we are heading to.

• Sad 2

We should definitely not fall for the ‘They are processing applications faster than the deadline now’ because they seem to be masters at changing timeframes and manipulating with our minds, so they change the timeframe and process already late applicants within the new time period and make it look like it’s done faster. Immigration games. [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jeet said:

Hi Guys we just got our Grant letter so so happy thanks everyone this forum is really helpful. Appplied 13th Nov : 1st Co 8th May: 2nd CO 29th June: Granted Today CO Kimberly. 

Congratulations Jeet 🙂  So happy for you. Good to see things moving 🙂 

41 minutes ago, Jeet said:

Hi Guys we just got our Grant letter so so happy thanks everyone this forum is really helpful. Appplied 13th Nov : 1st Co 8th May: 2nd CO 29th June: Granted Today CO Kimberly. 

Yay!!! In the middle of all the angst and uncertainty we get this glowing news!!!! 😄 😄 

Congratulations!!!! 🎉🎉🎉 Great news!!!

• Like 2

Hi Mates,

We just received golden email. Very happy guys. Thanks for all on this forum specially Tpsk, Honey and Ruski.... i pray for all to get Golden email ASAP

Applied on 24/12/2017
1st co 5/7/2018
granted 17/10/2018 Co Adam

• Like 10

29 minutes ago, kV-IsMyShortName said:

This is absolutely disheartening to say the least! I know our venting out here wouldn't do much, but as @Russki suggested I'm ready to sign for the petition too if that at least has a slightest chance to speed things up. 489 in reality is more like a limbo visa you are neither here nor there. You pay tax like a resident, but you are considered an outsider for other entitlements. So the reality is we all as proven skilled assets to this country is missing out on a lot of things on offer.

On a different note, can I know if anyone here did apply for an auto loan and got accepted while you have less than 1 year validity remaining on 489 or while you were in the bridging visa? If so, the institution please. This is for my own research. Thank you in advance.

I got an Auto loan for 20 months when my 489 validity was 22 months.I heard in bridging visa we don't get loan sanction.St.George s charging me 14.9 percent. 

6 minutes ago, Ata said:

Hi Mates,

We just received golden email. Very happy guys. Thanks for all on this forum specially Tpsk, Honey and Ruski.... i pray for all to get Golden email ASAP

Applied on 24/12/2017
1st co 5/7/2018

Congrats Dear

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ata said:

Hi Mates,

Applied on 24/12/2017
1st co 5/7/2018

Congratulations bro MashaAllah 😊 enjoy💐

1 hour ago, Russki said:

Thanks for your trust in me guys, I will draft a text tonight and will post it here. If you are happy with it - we will launch a petition tomorrow. 🙂 

1 hour ago, Tpsk said:

Thanks mate. Much appreciated 

I have written an email to Minister and I am happy to send it to you if you want to use some text frm it for the petition is there a way to send it to you?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ata said:

Hi Mates,

Applied on 24/12/2017
1st co 5/7/2018

Congratulations Ata!!!!! Fantastic news once again! 🙂 🙂 🙂 COs are on fire today! 🎉🎉

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KM4499 said:

I have written an email to Minister and I am happy to send it to you if you want to use some text frm it for the petition is there a way to send it to you?

Yes, please! It would be great. 🙂 You can just send it to me here, on the forum, via a personal message? Please! 🙂 

I will put something together. But if we get 2-3 more grants today, do we really need a petition? 😄 😄 😄 - [joke]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Ata said:

Hi Mates,

Applied on 24/12/2017
1st co 5/7/2018

Congratulations, good news