887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

1 hour ago, innipat said:

I think, there is no need to inform immigration about your overseas holiday during processing of 887. you can visit overseas when your 489 is valid.

it is unnecessary and if you inform them, they may be put your file on hold.

below information is from department's website.

Untitled.thumb.png.5ecab7dbbfd81f04996c44abb3f81d2a.png

This is a tricky situation where I will not get myself caught into. It is easy to get out and once out there, the uncertainty arises. Lots of " experts" like myself , my friends and some in this forum all with different stories pointing towards a common factor of delaying the PR grant.

5 hours ago, mohin_85@hotmail.com said:

hi all

i have been on 489 for over 2 years and applied for 887 2 months ago. if my employment is based in Melbourne but I have a short term project in Sydney, will it be ok to travel there for work?

How long is this project? also is it for the same company that you work for in regional/ lp / designated area? i had similar issue i was told by migration agent and dibp customer service via their facebook site enquiry that as long as it's compulsory work related to the company i work for in region , i maintain my usual residency in the region and the work trips are not more frequent in nature it should be fine , however it's better to give immigration a call and ask them to clarify.

6 hours ago, dar8 said:

How long is this project? also is it for the same company that you work for in regional/ lp / designated area? i had similar issue i was told by migration agent and dibp customer service via their facebook site enquiry that as long as it's compulsory work related to the company i work for in region , i maintain my usual residency in the region and the work trips are not more frequent in nature it should be fine , however it's better to give immigration a call and ask them to clarify.

thanks dar8

it's for a few months. yes it's for the same company in regional.

I'll perhaps write to them. which email address can I write to? can someone share please 

16 minutes ago, singh01 said:

Hi Guys,

Can we fill the forms in PDF format and then Print them to sign and upload? Or do we need to fill the forms using Pen only?

Yes, filling forms in PDF is fine, as long as you print-sign-scan afterwards. 🙂  Maybe, an overkill, but I also initialled every page for form 80 and 1221.

On 11/23/2018 at 11:53 AM, Snorlax said:

Hi everyone,

Granted today. 

Apply date : 15/1/2018

First contact: 14/7/2018

Grant date: 23/11/2018 

Approximately 10 months,  this is a great forum. Hope everyone will get their grants before this Christmas ! Best of luck to all !!!!

Congratulations. Who is ur C

27 minutes ago, singh01 said:

Thanks Russki 🙂 

Good morning All,

finally my wait is over got my grant this morning so happy n thank u all specially Russki. Hope u all get ur grant soon.

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Just do it... said:

@Honey @Russki @Tpsk

I already applied for 887 and my son's passport about to expired so I applied for renewal so once I receive his new passport what form do I need to upload with immigration and how.. Thanks in advance. 

I think you can just update online in ImmiAccount 

8429C5FE-52D2-4288-B718-2078CDAB6618.png

• Like 1