887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

4 hours ago, Sunit said:

Hi, any grant, may be they think that we going on welfare after getting PR, which is totally wrong, we can work hard in any job, but they don’t like us,

Guys. Apparently, immi is hardly issuing any grants to skilled and partners visa right now (info from talking to my friends, other migrants), immi have got to be working on something else, that is more important than us at the moment, maybe, refugees? 🙂 Don't panic, one day the machine will kick in again and grants will roll out in batches! 😄 😄 

I suggest just to stay cool and have a great stress-free Christmas! Cheers!  🍸

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Russki said:

Guys. Apparently, immi is hardly issuing any grants to skilled and partners visa right now (info from talking to my friends, other migrants), immi have got to be working on something else, that is more important than us at the moment, maybe, refugees? 🙂 Don't panic, one day the machine will kick in again and grants will roll out in batches! 😄 😄 

I suggest just to stay cool and have a great stress-free Christmas! Cheers!  🍸

Your words have greater influence, Russki. Many a times I try to go impatient counting my days ! Then I wait desperately to hear some really sweet words that would bring me back on track. What life is worth living if there is no hope, no inspirations ?  Every cloud has a silver lining 🙂

• Like 1

Hi, guys

I recently noticed that the immigration change a few words on the 2 years residence requirements before applying for the 887 visa while they updating the website. 

Before, it was written as " we need to have a skilled visa (489) for 2 years before applying for 887 visa. 

Which means that the bridging visa holding time before the visa grant does not count for the 2 years. 

However, now the website changed the words from the skilled visa to eligible visa and the eligible visa including the both 489 and its bridging visa. 

It sounds like that the bridging visa holding time is also considered as the minimum 2 years residence. 

Has anyone notice this change and received confirmation from your agent? 

I have sent an inquiry to a few agents and given answers, but it's all different from the agent to agent. 

Before, it was written as below at the website. 

You must currently hold either:
1) a 
skilled visa (487, 489 or 495)
2) a Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B that was granted in relation to an application for a subclass 487, 489 or 495.

You must have held a skilled visa at some time for at least two years before you apply for the visa.

Now, it is described as below at the website

An eligible visa means either:
1) a subclass 489, 495, 496, 475 or 487 visa, or
2) a Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B, after having made a valid application for a subclass 489, 495 or 487 visa

You must have held an eligible visa for at least a total of 2 years before you apply for a Skilled Regional (subclass 887) visa.

I believe that there must be a reason of this change and it is clearly translated that the bridging visa time is included for me. 

Looking forward to receiving you guys' opinion and ideas. 

Cheers 

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

Hi, guys

I recently noticed that the immigration change a few words on the 2 years residence requirements before applying for the 887 visa while they updating the website. 

Before, it was written as " we need to have a skilled visa (489) for 2 years before applying for 887 visa. 

Which means that the bridging visa holding time before the visa grant does not count for the 2 years. 

However, now the website changed the words from the skilled visa to eligible visa and the eligible visa including the both 489 and its bridging visa. 

It sounds like that the bridging visa holding time is also considered as the minimum 2 years residence. 

I have sent an inquiry to a few agents and given answers, but it's all different from the agent to agent. 

1) a 
skilled visa (487, 489 or 495)
2) a Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B that was granted in relation to an application for a subclass 487, 489 or 495.

You must have held a skilled visa at some time for at least two years before you apply for the visa.

Now, it is described as below at the website

An eligible visa means either:
2) a Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B, after having made a valid application for a subclass 489, 495 or 487 visa

You must have held an eligible visa for at least a total of 2 years before you apply for a Skilled Regional (subclass 887) visa.

I believe that there must be a reason of this change and it is clearly translated that the bridging visa time is included for me. 

Cheers 

Thanks for the observation !!!!

Has the criteria for bridging visa change? If not, I believe everything remains the same.

On 12/15/2018 at 1:14 AM, Kusai said:

Hey ruski do we have these condition ? I applied on 9 March got my 489 in July 2015 ??? Please let me know thanks 

Hi @Kusai! This condition definitely does not apply to our 489 visa, I checked... So I guess, we do not have to inform about the new job, but only about change of address, new marital status, new babies... 🙂 But please don't just take my word for it, best to double-check this with the immigration - call their customer service just in case, I don't want to get anyone into trouble, hahaha! 😄 

• Like 1

Hi, guys

1) a skilled visa (487, 489 or 495)

Now, it is described as below at the website     An eligible visa means either:

Cheers 

But 489 expires after 4 years and only by the time it expires then you’ll get the bridging visa. Which means you already holding a eligible visa for 4 years after you get bridging visa. What you said that “It sounds like that the bridging visa holding time is also considered as the minimum 2 years residence.” is wrong.

Put it like this, bridging visa requires you to hold 489 visa for 4 years (until it expires) not 2 years as you mentioned.

And another thing, bridging visa doesnt expire unless:
•your application have been finalised
•you left the country (and didnt apply for bridging visa B)

Hi, guys

1) a skilled visa (487, 489 or 495)

Now, it is described as below at the website     An eligible visa means either:

Cheers 

And if youre implying that you need to hold bridging visa for 2 years before you can get a grant thats also wrong. Dont make it more complicated as it is mate. The requirements are:
•stay in australia for 2 years with eligible visa
•work for 1 year (nature of work doesnt matter)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

marlowe022,  Thanks for sharing your opinions, but one of the agent told me that your interpretation is completely wrong. 

Just a week ago, a friend of mine lodged his 887 visa application by counting his bridging visa time after applying for 489 visa. Because his agent confirmed him that the bridging visa after applying for 489 visa included in the 2 years residency requirement in accordance with the provision at the immigration website  

And all the clients of that agents already got the 887 visa without any issues although they applied for the 887 visa at the earlier stage by counting the 2 years residence requirement. 

Anyway, I still have more than a year until apply for 887 visa, so I will keep an eye on my friend's case and will make a decision.

I will keep updating the outcome of my friend's application progress. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

marlowe022,  Thanks for sharing your opinions, but one of the agent told me that your interpretation is completely wrong. 

Just a week ago, a friend of mine lodged his 887 visa application by counting his bridging visa time after applying for 489 visa. Because his agent confirmed him that the bridging visa after applying for 489 visa included in the 2 years residency requirement in accordance with the provision at the immigration website   

And all the clients of that agents already got the 887 visa without any issues although they applied for the 887 visa at the earlier stage by counting the 2 years residence requirement. 

Anyway, I still have more than a year until apply for 887 visa, so I will keep an eye on my friend's case and will make a decision.

Hi Kevin, could you run through step by step how all this adds up? eg.

Step 1: stay for 2 years

Step 2:......

Step 3:......

When I got my bridging visa notice from home affairs, it states it wouldnt kick in until 489 expires. Unless your friend got a different notice on bridging visa. 

What I just explain is not my interpretation. Thats how you get your bridging visa. AND thats how it works.

Please quote this, bridging visa only exist to compensate those who are applying for permanent visa and got their temporary visa expired while in the process. Having said that, bridging visa only exist to make your stay in Australia LEGAL while your application still in the process. Because you need to be onshore once they give decision to your application.

P.S. If your 489 visa expired and you didnt extend it or applied for permanent residency. You will not be given a bridging visa by the immi.
  • Like 1

What I just explain is not my interpretation. Thats how you get your bridging visa. AND thats how it works.

Please quote this, bridging visa only exist to compensate those who are applying for permanent visa and got their temporary visa expired while in the process. Having said that, bridging visa only exist to make your stay in Australia LEGAL while your application still in the process. Because you need to be onshore once they give decision to your application.

P.S. If your 489 visa expired and you didnt extend it or applied for permanent residency. You will not be given a bridging visa by the immi.

He is just trying to say that when u apply for 489 u will get a bridging visa before ur 489 approved by immi. It can be two months or one months to take decesion whatever. This one or two month is not countable (even though u stay in the regional area)for ur 2 yr residency condition as far i know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mehedi said:

He is just trying to say that when u apply for 489 u will get a bridging visa before ur 489 approved by immi. It can be two months or one months to take decesion whatever. This one or two month is not countable (even though u stay in the regional area)for ur 2 yr residency condition as far i know.

That is totally right, this is what my agent told me as well. And don't take risk, you must be 100000000% sure that you will get the visa then apply. once your visa is refused, it is hard to re-apply for it, especially for PR application.

and can anyone clarify this for me in the website of immi, 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-provisional-489/designated-areas-of-australia

it states the region for visa 887.

but on the website for visa 887 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-887

it states you can live everywhere in Australia.

so what is the area that we can live under visa 887?

27 minutes ago, Dragon_Lavie said:

and can anyone clarify this for me in the website of immi, 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-provisional-489/designated-areas-of-australia

it states the region for visa 887.

but on the website for visa 887 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-887

it states you can live everywhere in Australia.

so what is the area that we can live under visa 887?

Hi Dragon,

With 489 visa, you can only work in those regions (regional areas, depends on state/relative sponsored you for the 489 visa).

Once you have successfully lived (for 2 years) and worked (for 1 year) in one of those regions, you will fine for 887 visa. 

Once the 887 visa is granted, you can live "Anywhere in Australia".

I don't know what is confusing you?

7 minutes ago, peace_at_heart said:

Hi Dragon,

With 489 visa, you can only work in those regions (regional areas, depends on state/relative sponsored you for the 489 visa).

Once you have successfully lived (for 2 years) and worked (for 1 year) in one of those regions, you will fine for 887 visa. 

Once the 887 visa is granted, you can live "Anywhere in Australia".

I don't know what is confusing you?

that is what i originally think. but see this image.thumb.png.0f7cf78265654f33e802b3b53926e40b.png

"this table lists designate areas for subclass 489 and 887 visas. 

this confuses me. 

that is what i originally think. but see this image.thumb.png.0f7cf78265654f33e802b3b53926e40b.png
"this table lists designate areas for subclass 489 and 887 visas. 
this confuses me. 

designated areas are for those who are 489 but relative sponsored like myself (not state sponsored). I am currently in metropolitan area when I applied and got my 887 visa I believe@Honey has the same condition as myself.

If you are state sponsored, you can only stay in regional areas and low populated areas as stated in the link below
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-provisional-489/regional-postcodes

2 hours ago, Dragon_Lavie said:

That is totally right, this is what my agent told me as well. And don't take risk, you must be 100000000% sure that you will get the visa then apply. once your visa is refused, it is hard to re-apply for it, especially for PR application.

I was overseas for 13 days during my two years. I didn't compensate (I had called immi thrice, and all the time they told me that i need not compensate) n applied exactly a day after completion of 2 years. Now does this then mean that my application may ne rejected!!!