887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi guys.

Do co can ask about the release letter from sponsor State , when you apply for 887 visa ?. or its just they check only that person live two years in the regional area and full fill the requirement.

Also,  can i use my expired rental agreement or do i have use statutory declaration from an owner that after lease expired i was living xxx address on a periodic lease?

Answer to these questions would be highly appreciated. 

9 hours ago, ali2012 said:

Hi guys.

Do co can ask about the release letter from sponsor State , when you apply for 887 visa ?. or its just they check only that person live two years in the regional area and full fill the requirement.

Also,  can i use my expired rental agreement or do i have use statutory declaration from an owner that after lease expired i was living xxx address on a periodic lease?

Answer to these questions would be highly appreciated. 

Hi, why is there a release letter from state sponsor? Where did you heard that from?

Do you mean rental agreement ended? What do you mean expire?

13 hours ago, ali2012 said:

i mean you dont need the release letter then we can move to other regional areas as long its fulll fill  489 visa condition.

yes my rental agreement had ended and my owner says i am living on the periodic lease.

I am afraid in your context, there is no condition for 489. 887 condition is live 2 years work 1 year in general. If you hold 489, you will have to stick to its criteria, if you hold 887, the same goes.

To apply for 887, you must already have live for 2 years and work 1 year evidence. Anything further than that is not required. There should be an agreement and invoice for periodic lease.

For your reference

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-887#HowTo

On 12/20/2018 at 1:48 PM, Delfin said:

I’m doomed then...

I used the trading name (store’s name) in my reference letter but a different name (company name) shows in my payslip, payg, and super statement.

HOWEVER, in my statutory declaration, i did mention “i was told by my employer at xxxx the reason the two names are different is because one is the trading name and the other is the company name”.

So im not sure how my CO will use this info.

Is your contract and payslip different? Looks like I just realize I got a bigger and similar problem than you. Going to try and get the HR to write a special letter. My HR wrote a typo error in my employment letter stating I am employed to another division.

What to do.... what to do.....

6 hours ago, Sunnysideup said:

Is your contract and payslip different? Looks like I just realize I got a bigger and similar problem than you. Going to try and get the HR to write a special letter. My HR wrote a typo error in my employment letter stating I am employed to another division.

What to do.... what to do.....

My payslip, PAYG summary and super statement have the same payer's name (company name). But in my reference letter signed by the store manager, I used the store name (trading name). But again, in my statutory declaration, I mentioned why there are two different names.

Are you still working at the same company though?

*I didn't sign a contract prior to starting work at my old job so I couldn't make work contract as part of my work evidence, only payslips, PAYG summary, super statement, tax return and reference letter. Not even sure if these 5 documents will satisfy my CO.

4 hours ago, Delfin said:

My payslip, PAYG summary and super statement have the same payer's name (company name). But in my reference letter signed by the store manager, I used the store name (trading name). But again, in my statutory declaration, I mentioned why there are two different names. 

Are you still working at the same company though?

*I didn't sign a contract prior to starting work at my old job so I couldn't make work contract as part of my work evidence, only payslips, PAYG summary, super statement, tax return and reference letter. Not even sure if these 5 documents will satisfy my CO.

How to create a statutory declaration to mention two different names? Did your CO ask you to submit that?

Yes, I am still in the same company. I was thinking of amending the contract and submit a notice of incorrect answers.

46 minutes ago, Sunnysideup said:

How to create a statutory declaration to mention two different names? Did your CO ask you to submit that?

Yes, I am still in the same company. I was thinking of amending the contract and submit a notice of incorrect answers.

Well, I just made bullet points, lol. Cause there are other things that I had to explain like why I only have my mobile phone bills as prove of residency (because I live with my sister/sponsor in a house that she owns - so all utility bills are in her name, not mine).

As for the two different names, I basically said "my employer told me the reason a different name appears in my payslips, payg and super is because that is the company name and the store has its own (trading) name." It's a franchise store.

I haven't been contacted by a CO yet, my file hasn't been opened. I just thought i would be a good idea to explain everything upfront. I'm just trying to get a direct grant.  

Besides, I'm sure we aren't the first or only ones that have this situation and hopefully this type of thing is not foreign to the COs.

14 hours ago, Delfin said:

I haven't been contacted by a CO yet, my file hasn't been opened. I just thought i would be a good idea to explain everything upfront. I'm just trying to get a direct grant.  

Besides, I'm sure we aren't the first or only ones that have this situation and hopefully this type of thing is not foreign to the COs.

Yes... that is what I am trying to do.... direct grant all the way!!!

Does anyone have applied for 887 visa recently? 

Anyone has experienced that your application can't proceed further by saying that " You do not hold a valid prerequisite visa to enable use of this service" ? 

The valid prerequisite visa is 489 visa and obviously, I am a 489 visa holder, so it sounds does not make sense to me.

I sent inquiry about this matter to the department and waiting their response. 

Plus, when I click the apply button on the 887 visa on the immigration website, it shows "Maritime crew visa" instead of 887, which seemed to be another technical issue. 

Will appreciate if anyone suffered or currently having same issue of mine. 

Cheers

31 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Does anyone have applied for 887 visa recently? 

Anyone has experienced that your application can't proceed further by saying that " You do not hold a valid prerequisite visa to enable use of this service" ? 

The valid prerequisite visa is 489 visa and obviously, I am a 489 visa holder, so it sounds does not make sense to me.

I sent inquiry about this matter to the department and waiting their response. 

Plus, when I click the apply button on the 887 visa on the immigration website, it shows "Maritime crew visa" instead of 887, which seemed to be another technical issue. 

Will appreciate if anyone suffered or currently having same issue of mine. 

Cheers

I had the same issue, contacted support team.

Back then I hadnt completed my 2 years. Support team asked to complete 2 years. 

Issue got automatically fixed once my 2 years were completed.

2 minutes ago, 10th feb said:

One of my friends has got his visa 189 last saturday. They always cry about immigration but still would not give visa who is waiting since 12 months but happy to bring someone from overseas within 3 months..yes my frnd applied in sep 18.. 

that's because the 189 falls under priority processing. Read below page for more info. 

https://archive.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/work/work/allocation-dates-for-general-skilled-migration-applications

Simply: 

887 - First in - Criteria match - First out

189 - Highest score - First out

• Thanks 1