887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

1 hour ago, Navdeep said:

You can request them to see your case on compassionate grounds when you inform them. Your case near for taking the decision again.

Hi Navdeep,

You haven't receive your PR yet? Did you call immigration ?

Its soooooooooo long time.

On 1/2/2019 at 3:09 PM, 10th feb said:

They start working today..but dont know when they would pick up the files

There are almost no grant from last month. Immi team should start processing for 887. 

Hi friends, please keep sharing grant or CO contact in the group. As its long time to see congrats post in the group.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 1:29 PM, Russki said:

Yes, the petition was emailed to David Coleman and Shaynne Neumann - alas, not changed anything for us. 😞 I guess, our petition is for a very small circle and it is not well supported, we have less than 1000 signatures. If in our petition we were fighting to stop global warming, stop killing the whales or reduce use of plastic, we would have a very different level of support! 🙂 🙂  But it is what it is. 🙂 

Possibly the Immigration don't take our complaints seriously because they have more pressing people to process, like refugees in detention centres (it was in the newspaper yesterday). The government is getting rid of many detention centres and in a hurry to process the remaining detainees files. Compared to the detainees, we are "safe" candidates - we work, look after our families without Government help and we have medicare now. Government do not have to spend any funds on us, as we do not live in detention centres. So the immigration ministers simply do not understand why we are complaining... 🙂  This is how I see this situation.  We are hostages of the system! 

Looks like need to advertise this forum first to get more followers. Facebook, TV, advertisement, bannerboards…..

Looks like need to advertise this forum first to get more followers. Facebook, TV, advertisement, bannerboards…..
Unfortunately, many here are just willing to write the message or Express their concerns to here only.
I am not saying to go against any rule but what if each of us who are waiting more than 7 to 8 months or more are sending the copy of petition along with individual situation to Shayne, david Coleman, nick Mckim and all Media houses.
Things may not change with that too but atleast we are doing our roles on all legal platforms.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 12/28/2018 at 11:41 AM, 10th feb said:

Lol why would you say that. I hope they would start in january

In Jan I would have completed 11 months as many without application been open.So if something thy want more will have to take 4-6 months for final grant.My guess is that it should change to 15-18months in near future.

• Sad 1

Dear Members,

i am new to this forum, i along with my family applied for 887 in March2018, so far not hearing anything. My wife's father is very sick and she wants to go back home to see her father. It's crucial time for her.Just wondering if it is safe to do so,Shall we inform the department? our 489 visa will gonna expire in July this year. Any advice shall be highly appreciated. Have a blessed new year. 

3 minutes ago, john snow said:

Dear Members,

i am new to this forum, i along with my family applied for 887 in March2018, so far not hearing anything. My wife's father is very sick and she wants to go back home to see her father. It's crucial time for her.Just wondering if it is safe to do so,Shall we inform the department? our 489 visa will gonna expire in July this year. Any advice shall be highly appreciated. Have a blessed new year. 

Just my pediction, they wouldnt call you in Feb and tickets should be cheap.

9 hours ago, Sunnysideup said:

Just my pediction, they wouldnt call you in Feb and tickets should be cheap.

My overseas police clearance will be valid till next month (Feb). This means, my overseas police clearance might not be valid at the time of my visa granted, if the visa processing time 12 months.

However I haven't gone back to overseas after obtaining my police clearance.

As department says, validity of police clearance is 12 months, do I need to obtain the fresh police clearance again?

8 minutes ago, nudgee said:

Can anyone pls advise, I will apply 887 in April this year. However, my 489 won’t expire until 2021, in this case, will I get a bridging visa in this April? I thought I can apply for Medicare in April but I might be wrong... please help 

I got the bridging visa the next day after I got the acknowledgment for 887 application.After I got the bridging visa I have applied medicare immediately.Hope there is no change as I have done Feb'18. 

58 minutes ago, nudgee said:

Can anyone pls advise, I will apply 887 in April this year. However, my 489 won’t expire until 2021, in this case, will I get a bridging visa in this April? I thought I can apply for Medicare in April but I might be wrong... please help 

Hi Nudgee,

You are entitled to Medicare as soon as you apply for PR visa. Take your 887 application confirmation with you to Medicare and get yourself enrolled.

• Thanks 1

Hi, guys. 

I just want to share the information which might be useful for the current 489 visa holder (onshore applicant only). 

I got an clear answer from one of the 887 visa case officer regarding the 2 years requirement and 1 year full-time criteria which has been misleading since the website was updated. 

According to her, the time we spent as a bridging visa holder can be counted for 2 years residence and 1 year full-time work criteria, but there is another requirement that we need to hold the 489 visa at least for 2 years before making 887 visa application based on the item 1136 (7)(b) in the migration regulation 1994. 

So, literally we are eligible to apply 887 visa after 2 years from the date of grant our 489 visa, however the time we spent as a bridging visa holder of 489 is still valid to meet the 2 years residence and 1 year full time work requirement. 

It's a bit late, but all happy new year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Kevin said:

Hi, guys. 

I just want to share the information which might be useful for the current 489 visa holder (onshore applicant only). 

I got an clear answer from one of the 887 visa case officer regarding the 2 years requirement and 1 year full-time criteria which has been misleading since the website was updated. 

According to her, the time we spent as a bridging visa holder can be counted for 2 years residence and 1 year full-time work criteria, but there is another requirement that we need to hold the 489 visa at least for 2 years before making 887 visa application based on the item 1136 (7)(b) in the migration regulation 1994. 

So, literally we are eligible to apply 887 visa after 2 years from the date of grant our 489 visa, however the time we spent as a bridging visa holder of 489 is still valid to meet the 2 years residence and 1 year full time work requirement. 

That last part is a bit confusing to me. Correct me if I'm wrong.

1. You move to Bridging Visa only when your 489 has expired.

2. That means that you have to apply for 887 BEFORE your 489 expires.

3. All work and residential documents that are created after your 887 lodgement date cannot be used as part of your evidence.

So I don't understand how documents that are produced after your lodgement date can still count to meet 887 requirement.

That last part is a bit confusing to me. Correct me if I'm wrong.
1. You move to Bridging Visa only when your 489 has expired.
2. That means that you have to apply for 887 BEFORE your 489 expires.
3. All work and residential documents that are created after your 887 lodgement date cannot be used as part of your evidence.
So I don't understand how documents that are produced after your lodgement date can still count to meet 887 requirement.

I think that guy was talking about bridging visa when your first apply for 489 not 887. I might be wrong but it does make sense to me. When you apply for 489 you get bridging visa A, according to him you can start counting days but for 887 application you need to wait exactly 2 years since your 489 approval.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Maxzone said:

I think that guy was talking about bridging visa when your first apply for 489 not 887. I might be wrong but it does make sense to me. When you apply for 489 you get bridging visa A, according to him you can start counting days but for 887 application you need to wait exactly 2 years since your 489 approval.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

If you're talking about the bridging visa that you get after you applied for 489 then yes. But I think 99% of 489 applicants are offshore these days? 

15 minutes ago, Delfin said:

If you're talking about the bridging visa that you get after you applied for 489 then yes. But I think 99% of 489 applicants are offshore these days? 

Now come to the point I am talking about the onshore applicant. As the previous guys said the same thing " I just want to share the information which might be useful for the current 489 visa holder (onshore applicant only)". Whereas he clearly mentioned about onshore applicant, there might be offshore applicant too, but its not for them at all.  I think its now clear to you.  

For statutory declaration, what are the limitations? Is there any documents that need to go with it?

For Example:

John Doe could Stat declare I live with my brother for 2 years

John Doe could stat declare I work for my brother for 1 year.

But in fact John Doe isn't even in Aussie.

5 hours ago, Delfin said:

What is 99% are offshore ?

On 1/3/2019 at 11:16 AM, Honey said:

You can ask your friend to write stat dec that you stay with him for 2 month.

I think if you paying tax while working casual it should accepted.

you should create account only than you can apply 887 yourself.

Rest Good Luck

Hi Honey,

Is there any specific thing we need to include in this letter? because from the day one I arrived I rent a room and there's no agreement no bill under my name and rent is paid by cash up to date (I’ll be applying in March 19) but if you take my bank statement every fortnight I have withdrawn 200$ for rent.

Also I got letters from ATO/Department of Human Services/ State Car Registration and Driving License/ Insurance Car + life/Bank/ Supper and employer letters under the same address. And even in my payslips they have mentioned the outlet I worked.

Thank you,

Preax

16 minutes ago, Preax said:

Hi Honey,

Is there any specific thing we need to include in this letter? because from the day one I arrived I rent a room and there's no agreement no bill under my name and rent is paid by cash up to date (I’ll be applying in March 19) but if you take my bank statement every fortnight I have withdrawn 200$ for rent.

Also I got letters from ATO/Department of Human Services/ State Car Registration and Driving License/ Insurance Car + life/Bank/ Supper and employer letters under the same address. And even in my payslips they have mentioned the outlet I worked.

Thank you,

Preax

Hi Prex,

Nothing specific. He has to write that you initially stay with him from date and since date. Thats it. 

• Like 2

On 1/5/2019 at 6:32 PM, sak745 said:

My overseas police clearance will be valid till next month (Feb). This means, my overseas police clearance might not be valid at the time of my visa granted, if the visa processing time 12 months.

However I haven't gone back to overseas after obtaining my police clearance.

As department says, validity of police clearance is 12 months, do I need to obtain the fresh police clearance again?

When did you apply? 🙂 I called immigration customer advice about this and the officer told me that I do not have to renew the police certificates, even though they have expired now. But, this being said, I do not trust what they say quite often, they seems to contradict themselves all the time. For this reason, it may be a good idea to renew AFP and even NPC, if you can be bothered. 😄 😄  May save you months of extra wait.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Russki said:

When did you apply? 🙂 I called immigration customer advice about this and the officer told me that I do not have to renew the police certificates, even though they have expired now. But, this being said, I do not trust what they say quite often, they seems to contradict themselves all the time. For this reason, it may be a good idea to renew AFP and even NPC, if you can be bothered. 😄 😄  May save you months of extra wait.... 

Hi Russki,

Thanks for reply. I applied in March. My overseas police clearance will be expired on feb due to this lengthy processing time. Anyway I will wait for them like you said.

I don't want to waste the money for applying these unnecessary. I will test my luck.

• Haha 3

On 1/5/2019 at 8:39 PM, Kevin said:

Hi, guys. 

Hi kevin i applied for 489 on april 2017 but my 485 visa was also granted on the same month however i got the bridging visa for 489 but was not active as i was on a 485 visa which is the graduate visa but my 489 was approved on sept 2017 what do you think i should apply on april 2019 or sept 2019 just curious before any changes implement after jul 2019