887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

57 minutes ago, Just do it... said:

There seems to be an ever changing ideas floating around from 3 years to 5 years to 4 years. New visa requirement, etc etc… Its quite futile effort trying to follow the news when the ministers keep changing every once a year.

Who is our friends and Foe??

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/dec/11/scott-morrison-coag-population-growth-immigration

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/apr/11/peter-dutton-contradicts-turnbull-on-immigration

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/let-s-talk-immigration-and-population-hold-the-hysteria-20180817-p4zy63.html

https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/hindi/en/article/2018/09/07/new-immigration-minister-hails-migrants-contribution-australia

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/the-debate-over-immigration-intake-that-is-destabilising-the-government/news-story/922b0d02bf15e91dddfd4e514e52968b

Scott morrision

target low population growth

slow rate of immigration

Gladys Berejiklian, premier

With Scott's view

Daniel Andrews, premier Victoria

no funding for infrastructure, useless to take about immigration

The Queensland premier, Annastacia Palaszczuk

What funding are we getting?

Greed

Andrew Barr, the chief minister of the Australian Capital Territory,

Where are we going?

Turnbull denied cutting immigration rate by 20k

Christ Bowen ?

Philip Ruddock

cut immigraiton (Asian!!)

Tony Abbort

cut immigration

Wayne Swan Incoming Labor national president?

The Greens party for instance, has been criticised by the likes of advocacy group Sustainable Population Australia, for supporting high immigration at the expense of the environment.

Property Council chief executive Ken Morrison said there needed to be better planning, coordination and investment in infrastructure.

David coleman

Sitting on the fence as he is new

Friends.......................

ACTU (Michele O'Neil ) and big business joined forces to call for the retention of the permanent program.

University of Technology Sydney’s professor of social economics, Jock Collins, says race has been a periodic feature of the debate since well before federation.

For decades strong paternalistic leaders like Menzies, Calwell, Holt, Whitlam, and Fraser,(big companies)

“There are also very powerful forces that support immigration being as high as possible. Companies like Telstra and the big supermarkets are very geared to it.

Peter dutton (home affairs)

I have made it clear over recent weeks that I support the current level of migration. As the PM and I have said repeatedly; our migration program acts in the national interest by maintaining the same proportions of skilled and unskilled entrants as previous Coalition Governments.

Grattan chief executive John Daley

“We should be able to discuss the level of population and immigration without it becoming a matter of banning Muslims and Asians.’’

“If 117 years of Australian history shows us anything it is that governments can move people to the jobs but you can't move jobs to the people.’’

Opposition Leader Bill Shorten in Perth

deputy prime minister Barnaby Joyce

Activities to look out for.....

Coag meeting in adelaide

population growth

Government’s 30th consecutive Newspoll loss.

Summary

Over population in Sydney and Melbourne, exclude others

Friends are Big businesses, employment agents, and some ministers

Chicken and egg problem. Need money for infrastructure but need immigration for money.

Coleman is new , he can't do anything.

36 minutes ago, Sunnysideup said:

@Russki

As my previous post. The person to look for are :

Michele O'Neil - ACTU 

Petter Dutton - Homeaffairs

Chief executive John Daley - Grattan

Looks like they are looking a Muslims, Asian, African.

Wow, some extensive research there @Sunnysideup! 😄  OK, so it looks like we have to email them. I can forward out petition to them also.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Sunnysideup said:

@Russki

As my previous post. The person to look for are :

Michele O'Neil - ACTU 

Petter Dutton - Homeaffairs

Chief executive John Daley - Grattan

What you have highlighted may affect future migration but has less affect on current transitional visas such as 887 applications, unless they are cutting staff who process visa applications.

45 minutes ago, Russki said:

Wow, some extensive research there @Sunnysideup! 😄  OK, so it looks like we have to email them. I can forward out petition to them also.

Not too sure what the approach should be. Prompt Peter his department is on the slow side lately by showing some statistic? Suggest a queue number system? Will pointing out the obvious going to work?

29 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

What you have highlighted may affect future migration but has less affect on current transitional visas such as 887 applications, unless they are cutting staff who process visa applications.

They are cutting processing staff..... just google it..... going by hundreds of them.

2 hours ago, Tamworth said:

hi everyone. 

Does anyone knows whats going on with the immi department. Are they still on Christmas vacations? 

This waiting game is killing me. Any idea when they will start doing some work?

I called them this morning and guy from customers service said “everything is operating normally now, holiday season is over “. I know its fukin frustrating to wait like this. 

• Sad 3

7 minutes ago, Samuel said:

I called them this morning and guy from customers service said “everything is operating normally now, holiday season is over “. I know its fukin frustrating to wait like this. 

"Operating normally" my a*se!!!!! 😄 😄 What is normal these days in their eyes?! 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Tpsk said:

Can we buy ticket tomorrow?

I think so. You can purchase a ticket before 7 or 8 pm. Alternatively, you can buy a ticket online but from memory it takes some time for your application to be processed. But just so you know, the odds of winning the 1st division is 45 million to 1. 😂😆😂

• Haha 1

They are immune.
Unfortunately other than media, I dont think so we have options. Labor representative on such issues is just not even approachable.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, 10th feb said:

Called them today..almost had an argument with the person.. was of no use.. she said we have received a lot of applications.. i asked so the solution for that is you have stopped the processing for those applications.. but yeah was of no use

But the truth is they really stopped processing new application. On 2nd October they started Feb application and now it's 3plus month they not even processed application who have filled for 887 in February. If they are processing 887 at least one in this group got PR or further request from COs. Unfortunately we can't argue with immi. Team call centre people.

Hi guys. I received my Pre-grant today as I’m still out of the country. Does anyone know how long it will take now until I get my grant? Argh!!! Why couldn’t they just wait til I got back in 2 days!!!

the annoying thing is, I called immigration before I left. The guy on he phone told me there was no such thing as a pre grant for the 887, he also said I didn’t need to notify the dept I was leaving the country as my 489 doesn’t expire until Oct 2019. I asked him to notify Adelaide team just in case and he said he sent through an email letting them know I would be out of the country from dec1st until Jan 11th. But in my pre grant notification, it said that the department wasn’t notified of my departure from Australia. 🤬🤬🤬 

Applied 10/01/2018

first contact 30/7/2018 CO Dat

pre-grant 9/01/2019 CO Kimberly

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Applied 10/01 said:

Hi guys. I received my Pre-grant today as I’m still out of the country. Does anyone know how long it will take now until I get my grant? Argh!!! Why couldn’t they just wait til I got back in 2 days!!!

the annoying thing is, I called immigration before I left. The guy on he phone told me there was no such thing as a pre grant for the 887, he also said I didn’t need to notify the dept I was leaving the country as my 489 doesn’t expire until Oct 2019. I asked him to notify Adelaide team just in case and he said he sent through an email letting them know I would be out of the country from dec1st until Jan 11th. But in my pre grant notification, it said that the department wasn’t notified of my departure from Australia. 🤬🤬🤬 

Applied 10/01/2018

first contact 30/7/2018 CO Dat

pre-grant 9/01/2019 CO Kimberly

Congratulation in advance. I have never heard about the pre-grant notification at all before. So, is that meant that you will be automatically granted as soon as you back to Au? 

Is there any other conditions like 'you must back to Australia within certain time periods things?? 

• Like 1