887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

3 minutes ago, 10th feb said:

So basically they are saying we would do what we want to..even when u pass the processing times there is nothing you can do as we only promise 90 applications in processing times

Exactly!!!! 😄 This "estimated processing time" thingy means bugger all! 😄 😄 

4 hours ago, Sunit said:

I complaint few times, but they only say you are in processing, not going to tell me the right time , no grant yet , 18 months gone

Dear @Sunit, I urge you to put a complaint in to Global feedback unit. If you have no luck with that on three accounts, you can complain to Australian Ombudsman, it will be a legit complaint. Your case is the worst here, I dare say... 🙂  My heart goes out to you. 18 months!!!!

A few possibilities comes to mind

1. Anyone contacted by CO will have to wait for more than 3 months
  2. The Cos don't have a tracking alert to track the time length after first contact due to some outdated software they are using that tracks only from application date
  3. The homeaffairs feedback team and the over the phone customer service rep 131 881 are actually the same person
  4. The Global processing time is no longer valid but just playing with human psychology - Hope. Inching away from the last processing time isn't so painful
  5. The home affairs feedback system is no longer working as seen in my previous post " who are our friends and foe". Where the big guns are playing god.
  6. The COs is under pressure to find excuses to make us stay longer. helllooooo…… 2nd AFP..... how is that valid?

So what needs to be done?

3 hours ago, Dev123 said:

Thanks for your reply I really appreciate it, They are happy to provide me the letter stating I will be working from Geelong( which is a Regional area) and Ive already been working full time in geelong from past 9 Months. do you recon Iam better off staying here wih my current company as they are Geelong based, and Once I finish 1 year here I can switch, just to minimise risk involved and less paperwork?

Changing job won't affect your application mate.. Just need to stay/work within permitted area.. 

1 hour ago, 10th feb said:

Can we send the petition that was signed to a news channel??

We can. There is actually an instruction on Change.org site explaining how to promote the petition further. For instance, we can prepare some good life stories from our members, showing how their life was affected by this long wait. Stories from people who's kids cannot afford going to Uni - because of no PR, stories from people who are paying as much for childcare as they earn - because of no PR, a story from someone who lost a lot of money of buying a house just because of the PR grant delay, stories of people losing job opportunities - because of no PR... Etc. 🙂 

With this story collection AND the petition we could go to media or MPs or David Coleman  himself to present our case and ask for help. 

As there is a lot of work involved and all these stories need to be offered by the applicants - it seems like one person won't cope. It needs to be done collectively.  

Anyone wants to offer their story? 😉 Anyone wants to be a head of the fighting group?

PS: I tried approaching SBS, but there was no reply. I can try again.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Russki said:

Dear @Sunit, I urge you to put a complaint in to Global feedback unit. If you have no luck with that on three accounts, you can complain to Australian Ombudsman, it will be a legit complaint. Your case is the worst here, I dare say... 🙂  My heart goes out to you. 18 months!!!!

Yup, I got PR today, after this form

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Sunit said:

Update my timeline 11aug 2017, (apply), jan 2018, new born baby docs like passport, July 2018, medical for baby , aug 2018, AFP, jan 14,2019, grant, after global feedback form, thanks my friends and best of luck, hope for best 

Congratulations mate.. this is so good.. so happy for you

41 minutes ago, Sunit said:

Update my timeline 11aug 2017, (apply), jan 2018, new born baby docs like passport, July 2018, medical for baby , aug 2018, AFP, jan 14,2019, grant, after global feedback form, thanks my friends and best of luck, hope for best 

Hi Sunit, congrats on ur grant!!

who was your CO?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunit said:

Congrats mate