887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

18 minutes ago, Angos said:

@DKAGG Hi, did you try to call immi ? I am thinking of calling them today but afraid going to get the same answer from customer care. 😞 

Not at this stage coz its gonna be standard reply. There are still many applicants of Jan month and they have already crossed the 12 month waiting period. I think the trend is whoever complaints and over the waiting period gets the grant. They are not processing any other applications. But, if you are planning to call them, try and let us know the outcome.

50 minutes ago, H-kaur82 said:

Hi honey,sorry to ask u.which insurance company u with and how much u pay monthly 

I was with Bupa n it should be one year old  prior to pregnancy. I pay 215 in total per month for me and my husband. Now I canceled as after applying 887 I have Medicare.

3 minutes ago, 10th feb said:

I think it would be 14 to 16 months this time

And when close to the 13th month, will move to 16 to18....then 18 to 20...20 to 24, and after that the bridging visa will come into effect, and then when that too comes close to expiry, may be then+

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DKAGG said:

Hi Sunny

No its not but always advisable to have insurance cover. You get rebate for premium paid in your tax return also

i m sorry, but we didn't get any rebate in tax return , i m filing it form last two years and they called me saying that you cant claim anything until you are on permanent residency...

you can get rebate or even it will be all back with tax return providing you are PERMANENT RESIDENCE

so if you have claimed and got rebate please share it , so every one can get benefit.  

10 minutes ago, ankit7775 said:

i m sorry, but we didn't get any rebate in tax return , i m filing it form last two years and they called me saying that you cant claim anything until you are on permanent residency...

you can get rebate or even it will be all back with tax return providing you are PERMANENT RESIDENCE

so if you have claimed and got rebate please share it , so every one can get benefit.  

You get a statement from your insurance provider at the end of the financial year and that statement will indicate the amount that can be claimed. For tax purpose we are all resident but we need not to pay and Medicare levy.

6 minutes ago, DKAGG said:

You get a statement from your insurance provider at the end of the financial year and that statement will indicate the amount that can be claimed. For tax purpose we are all resident but we need not to pay and Medicare levy.

YA  i know all that about medicare levy and stuff, i m just asking about rebate for the premiums you have paid for all year.. because i have claimed already in first year and i got call back form the ATO saying that you cant claim any insurance paid, till you are permanent residence,

They said that , if you are eligible for Medicare and you are paying medicare levy ,, and on top of that if there is any private medical insurance paid, will be eligible for rebate..

and they changed it form my Tax return by them self. 

1 minute ago, ankit7775 said:

YA  i know all that about medicare levy and stuff, i m just asking about rebate for the premiums you have paid for all year.. because i have claimed already in first year and i got call back form the ATO saying that you cant claim any insurance paid, till you are permanent residence,

They said that , if you are eligible for Medicare and you are paying medicare levy ,, and on top of that if there is any private medical insurance paid, will be eligible for rebate..

and they changed it form my Tax return by them self. 

you can't claim the full amount of premium paid. In the statement, they will specify the amount that can be claimed and its only few hundred bucks and usually amount is preloaded when you file your return.

2 hours ago, Nada said:

And when close to the 13th month, will move to 16 to18....then 18 to 20...20 to 24, and after that the bridging visa will come into effect, and then when that too comes close to expiry, may be then+

Hey @Nada, I have some good news! Our bridging visas do not expire!!!! Not until our 887 is decided. 😉 🙂  So the unfortunate fact is - one can be on a bridging visa forever... 😞 

• Sad 3