887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

7 minutes ago, Roma said:

Hi guys, I have been reading this page sometime now and I understand the frustration everyone is going through.  I know I am also going to join all of you soon once I submit the application. However, just want to let you all know my situation and then look for some views.

I am still under 489 and have been doing a permanent good job almost now close to 2 years. It took for me two months to found a job and since then I am working full time and job is alright, pay is ok etc. 

But still I want to move to Melbourne (regional areas) as soon as I submit my application because I have a job offer there. Do I need to inform Immi that I am moving or just updating address in my Immi account is sufficient? what if I maintain both address? any idea? 

I suppose you mean regional VIC. Updating your address in immi after moving is enough. Remember, you can't live in Melbourne uder your 489 visa (check your visa's post codes conditions). I haven't experienced your final question so I can't advise.

Cheers... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, alexoir said:

I suppose you mean regional VIC. Updating your address in immi after moving is enough. Remember, you can't live in Melbourne uder your 489 visa (check your visa's post codes conditions). I haven't experienced your final question so I can't advise.

Cheers... 

Thanks yes I mean in regional vic

6 minutes ago, Sunnysideup said:

Possible source of outsourcing our visa processing. They might had been awarded a contract to process our visa therefore the immi team doesn’t know anything. 

I see! 🙂  I reckon, it would take a lot longer for the actual external processing to commence... They are only at tendering stage now. Imagine, how long it may take to evaluate tenders and then teach the new contractor to perform the tasks. I'd say, the reason may be they are understaffed during holiday period and were under pressure from refugee visas. I have a feeling it will pick up after January. I just feel it, not sure why. 😄 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Russki said:

I see! 🙂  I reckon, it would take a lot longer for the actual external processing to commence... They are only at tendering stage now. Imagine, how long it may take to evaluate tenders and then teach the new contractor to perform the tasks. I'd say, the reason may be they are understaffed during holiday period and were under pressure from refugee visas. I have a feeling it will pick up after January. I just feel it, not sure why. 😄 

You sure feel it like this baby does.

feel.thumb.jpg.448b4e23a6b52d2c58bad4728ab9481f.jpg

Hello Guys,

I am new to this forum.

I have a query, If I get 489 visa from far south coast-NSW and cant find job. can i move to other regional areas like adelaide and satisfy the visa condition. then apply for 887.

Does anyone on this forum has moved to other regional areas and got 887

Kindly advise

Thank You Guys

1 hour ago, AVIS RAKNAS said:

Hello Guys,

I am new to this forum.

I have a query, If I get 489 visa from far south coast-NSW and cant find job. can i move to other regional areas like adelaide and satisfy the visa condition. then apply for 887.

Kindly advise

Thank You Guys

Is Adelaide postcodes included to your visa grant notification ? If included you can move to there by own risk 😉

My son, 15 yrs old, still on 489. Can I send him to my brother.who is in Melbourne for his year 11 education. Does this 489 visa allow that? Are there any issues that I may face in such a case? I have already applied for 887 in April 2018, and waiting for the grant. Pls advise.

On 1/17/2019 at 11:00 AM, Russki said:

Thanks guys for well wishes, it is so nice of you. 🙂 Yes, the Department have asked for something I never expected. Even the lawyer I hired today never had such situation before. He said we would fight for grant but no guarantees. It is very weird how the Immigration treated my case from the very beginning. 

But let's concentrate on moving forward. The queue is starting to move and it's great news! 🙂 Yesterday my friend also got granted 489! 

Hi russki just wanted to know the document they asked is it for any of us they will ask too and is it too hard to provide that document .. I m very scared please help..

22 minutes ago, Kusai said:

Hi russki just wanted to know the document they asked is it for any of us they will ask too and is it too hard to provide that document .. I m very scared please help..

😄 Please do not be scared at all because of my case!!!! My situation is very unique (in not a nice way) and I am sure you are not in danger of being in my shoes. 🙂 

What they request has nothing to do with the actual visa, but more with the right to take the child out of the country while I am a single parent to this child. So, no need to panic!!! 🙂  All good...

• Like 2

My life cycle (don’t know about others) ... ... ...

April: Problem started (after applying 887),

May: Too early to expect grant,

June: End of the financial year - grant quota over,

July: Beginning of new financial year,

August: New immigration rules apply,

September: Processing time increased further,

October: Gossip about existing visa conditions, 

November: Hopefully, will get some news next month,

December: Holidays...holidays and holidays - no expectation,

January(next year): Hopefully, immi will speed up (but in reality, as it was),

February(next year): Complain ..... complain and complain. You will be loser if you’re not complaining,

March (next year): Hopefully, will get some good news,

April (next year): Oh shit! One year gone still expecting some good news from immi. 🤪🤪🤪

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, T04 said:

My life cycle (don’t know about others) ... ... ...

April: Problem started (after applying 887),

May: Too early to expect grant,

Oh boy... You are right. This sounds really depressing. 😄  😄 And it makes us look like heroes and Masters of Patience. 👑

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/18/2019 at 5:16 PM, AVIS RAKNAS said:

Hello Guys,

I am new to this forum.

Kindly advise

Thank You Guys

If it is written on your visa that you can work in any regional  area, then I think you can move. One of friend got 489 visa from northern inland NSW and moved to Adelaide. He got his PR. Before you move you have to take NOC from your sponsoring  authority. However its always recommended that you should stay in the region where you got your 489 visa because they can change the rule any time which will  affect your 887 visa.

On 1/18/2019 at 7:48 PM, Nada said:

My son, 15 yrs old, still on 489. Can I send him to my brother.who is in Melbourne for his year 11 education. Does this 489 visa allow that? Are there any issues that I may face in such a case? I have already applied for 887 in April 2018, and waiting for the grant. Pls advise.

You cannot send your son in melbourn while you are in 489 visa or bridging visa after applying for 887 visa. In 489 visa we have to live in regional area or the area stated in our visa. As like main applicant depandents has to comply with visa condition.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Tomorrow_never_ends said:

You cannot send your son in melbourn while you are in 489 visa or bridging visa after applying for 887 visa. In 489 visa we have to live in regional area or the area stated in our visa. As like main applicant depandents has to comply with visa condition.

Is that right? Coz I had read somewhere that conditions are applicable to the main applicant only! Any inputs, anyone? I agree to your point that on 489 we have to live, work, n study in regional area only, but does that apply to secondary? 

AFP update . There seems to be a $52 afp and a $42 afp. The $52 one seems to be the ones located in AusPost and online . I am still going for the $42 online . The changes are there are more questions ask like 10 year residency address . 

Hope this his will be a good info for anyone. 

Hi everyone

I am new to this group, I applied for 887 Visa on Dec 2017 and on July 10 

CO: Nancy Requested documents, provided all documents. Until now no response.

Actually my wife was in India, when CO officer requested Documents and she came back on Sept. 

My Immi accounts shows last update was August 17 2018. 

We had baby on Dec 2018, what documents we need provide for baby to add in to Visa 

Please hlep me...🙏

2 hours ago, Nada said:

Is that right? Coz I had read somewhere that conditions are applicable to the main applicant only! Any inputs, anyone? I agree to your point that on 489 we have to live, work, n study in regional area only, but does that apply to secondary? 

The condition which is applicable only for main applicant is related to 887 visa. No matter you are primary or secondary applicants, all applicants should follow the 489 visa condition. Thus, living in the metropolitan area as 489 secondary visa holder against to the visa condition.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Krish said:

I am main applicant, and my wife is secondary applicant When the time of decision (Grant) my wife and Kid need to be in Australia?  or they can live India.  

Hi! 🙂 You all have to be in Australia at the time of the grant decision. The visa will not be granted if they are away at the time of decision... 🙂  The immigration will just put your application "on hold" again until they are here.

• Thanks 1