887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

On 1/15/2019 at 1:55 PM, peace_at_heart said:

Hey Can someone answer my question here?

Are we entitled to any paid maternity leave while we are waiting for 489 -> 887 grant?

Has anyone tried?

Thanks.

Nope. We are not. My baby was born on 14/2/18 and I got my pre grant last week when I was out of the country. Really hoping to get my visa granted soon and at least get a couple of weeks paid maternity before she turns one. 

19 hours ago, deftown said:

What do you mean by paid maternity leave? If you mean, pay by your employer, that depends on your employer totally. If it is paid by your employer then there is no dependency on your visa irrespective of what visa are you in.

If you mean paid maternity leave from centerlink then you should be a PR holder when you deliver a baby.

Centrelink payments are changed from 1st of January 2019. I think you need to wait for 1 year if the PR is granted after 1st of January 2019 for the paid maternity leave from centrelink.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

This isn’t true. I know at least 2 girls who got their centrelink paid maternity once their PR was granted. Their application for PR was processing when the baby was born. 

13 minutes ago, Applied 10/01 said:

This isn’t true. I know at least 2 girls who got their centrelink paid maternity once their PR was granted. Their application for PR was processing when the baby was born. 

Hi  Applied 10/01,

Please check the below link.

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/parental-leave-pay/eligibility/who-can-get-it 

4 minutes ago, Applied 10/01 said:

I’ve read all of this and I’ve been to centrelink where they told me I could claim the remainder of my maternity benefit once my pr comes through. 

See Centrelink officers differs each other. One person say we can, other one say we cannot. I'm not sure to whom you have consulted, but when i asked them by person and over the phone, they said you cannot, i should  have PR before the baby born.

Also please check new law from 1st Jan 2019, there is a waiting time for 2 years period. For "Peach_at_heart" user, he needs to wait for 2 years. 

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/enablers/newly-arrived-residents-waiting-period

3 minutes ago, deftown said:

See Centrelink officers differs each other. One person say we can, other one say we cannot. I'm not sure to whom you have consulted, but when i asked them by person and over the phone, they said you cannot, i should  have PR before the baby born.

Also please check new law from 1st Jan 2019, there is a waiting time for 2 years period. For "Peach_at_heart" user, he needs to wait for 2 years. 

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/enablers/newly-arrived-residents-waiting-period

This is a grey area. ‘Newly arrived resident’ doesn’t apply to me. That’s what I’ve been told by numerous centrelink staff and on the phone. Each claim is different depending on the person and I’ve been told that because I’ve been here since 2012 that I’m not a ‘newly arrived resident’

Anyway, this is a forum about the 887 visa not centrelink payments so I guess we’ll just have to wait and see if I get it or not and then I can let you know.

2 minutes ago, Applied 10/01 said:

This is a grey area. ‘Newly arrived resident’ doesn’t apply to me. That’s what I’ve been told by numerous centrelink staff and on the phone. Each claim is different depending on the person and I’ve been told that because I’ve been here since 2012 that I’m not a ‘newly arrived resident’

Anyway, this is a forum about the 887 visa not centrelink payments so I guess we’ll just have to wait and see if I get it or not and then I can let you know.

Yes, we will stop discussing this.

Did you get your PR?

On 1/13/2019 at 7:23 PM, 10th feb said:

Hi @Aisha .. so you are saying they have not contacted you even once?? Thats odd..

Yes no contact yet .... kind of a stressful time

On 1/14/2019 at 7:25 AM, JPSLTOZ said:

Mate,

Did you make a complain ? Are you in spread sheet ?

Thanks

On 1/13/2019 at 7:23 PM, 10th feb said:

Hi @Aisha .. so you are saying they have not contacted you even once?? Thats odd..

On 1/7/2019 at 3:59 PM, 10th feb said:

Im actually scared now.. i hope they dont increase the timeframe again.. the way they are working i dont know whats in store for us..

Im putting in 2 to 3 complaints everyday..i would request everyone to do the same.. do it anonymously 

Hi,

csn you please explain where to complain 

thanks

27 minutes ago, Preax said:

I was on a One year contract with an employer working full time 50hrs per week. 52 payslips (06/11/2017 to 09/11/2018)

On the 42nd week I was on Annual leave travelling for the whole week . 

Can I produce this payslip to cover my 52 payslips.

Thanks.

It won't be a problem if you can prove 42nd week was an annual leave. Or you an add extra week payslip/invoice if you did any other job after or before.

• Like 1