887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

11 minutes ago, Dev123 said:

HI All, Iam new to this page, and need some guidance ,Iam getting a job offer from a company in melbourne, and I am based in Geelong on 489 visa, they are happy for me to work from geelong and work from home, is that something I can do ?

Mate,

You need to prove that you have worked only in Regional area for 1 year. Do you think you can get a reference letter from your company mentioning that ?  

1 minute ago, 10th feb said:

I dont know whats gonna happen with the processing times.. im scared the way they are working

Imagine what those of us who have only applied recently within the last month feel like, the processing times could get worse or better, we have no idea and will need to sit out another 10 to 12 months before we know

FAQ Updates 10.0 

Disclaimer: All information below is at your own risk. The work and ideas below are not mine alone. It came from a collection of discussion.

READ THIS 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-887#HowTo

Sign this Petition

https://www.change.org/p/david-coleman-reduce-processing-time-for-887-pr-visa-to-7-months

The Excel tracking

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ApeHDAjEH60WFBNLeq14wvGzegiqGC4KD0U-OyH_w6U/edit#gid=0

AFP expires

If your AFP expire, renew it just in case. Another way is do your AFP 6 months after you apply for 887. This will save some cost.

Scary Movie of Year 2019

My CO just called me…. Going to be trap for another 6 months.

What to upload cheat sheet.

1. Tax doc, employment contract, superannuation, bank statement showing salary, pay slip, PayG/ Group Cert

2. AFP, Oversea Police cert (longest time to acquire), Military release cert

3. Passport

4. Notification of incorrect Answers

5. Marriage cert, lease agreement

6. Form 80, 1221

7. Bank statement for 2 years, Car Rego/ Utility/ Phone bill/ Internet bill

8. Driver’s license Aussie

9. Rental agreement

10. Passport photo

11. Child - passport, birth cert, photo

12. Spouse- same as above, language is a letter from school/ IELTS

I hate filling in those forms! Especially notification of incorrect Answers

Go to your immi account/ update details/ XXXXXX. This is the easier way.

Bridging Visa for 887 is like IPhone Plus minus the headphone jack

Once you have bridging, you will have some difficulty travelling oversea. All you get is a Medicare card. Other condition in 489 remains.

Parents appearing in health assessment Immi account

Family Unit ....... Family members......family unit...... Family members.... Riddle me this

In the 887 application and reference to form 1497i

1.     Accompanying / non-accompanying Family unit = Spouse and child

2.     Other family members = brothers, sisters, mistress, father, mother

Now you understand, go and prepare a notification of incorrect answers.

My Baby look different from the passport!!!

1.     This is for 501 medical

2.     Download the form from this link  https://www.australia.gov.au/information-and-services/public-safety-and-law/statutory-declarations

3.     Select a few your baby's photos (4x6cm) from the passport date to the medical exam date then stick them at the form's footer.

4.     Get support from someone (not your relatives) to fill the form and do JP it.

5.     Example of the declarer’s content: "The passport's photo and the rest of other photographed are of the same child <your child full name> <DOB> <Address>".

I want to go for holiday, as my bridging Visa has not kick in.

Do you want to wait for 3 more months?

I am reluctant to submit a document due to “(enter your reason)”

When everybody got their 887…. (Backstreet boys - show me the meaning of being lonely….)

Do I need to submit form 1221, F80, spouse English, oversea AFP, Local AFP?

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes.... Now take a deep breath and repeat that 100 more times.

Can I have new friends?

You can have new friends unless they are going to become your wife, Facebook friend, tinder mate or you intend to kidnap …cough cough…. adopt a child. Please do it after you get your 887.

My Agent told me not to submit

So far 5 to 7 cases I can think of agent's decision is wrong.

Proof of residency****

At least 2 types, Rental and bank statement showing expenditure for 2 years. Print and show it to us too. ^_^

Proof of employment****

Salary and employment letter, Superannuation statement, Tax document, notice of assessment

Spouse English

Get your University to write a letter as university course materials might not be recognize by Australia.

Relationship with Spouse

Marriage cert is not enough, need to prove continuing relationship

20 minutes ago, Sunnysideup said:

FAQ Updates 10.0 

Disclaimer: All information below is at your own risk. The work and ideas below are not mine alone. It came from a collection of discussion.

READ THIS 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-887#HowTo

Sign this Petition

https://www.change.org/p/david-coleman-reduce-processing-time-for-887-pr-visa-to-7-months

The Excel tracking

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ApeHDAjEH60WFBNLeq14wvGzegiqGC4KD0U-OyH_w6U/edit#gid=0

AFP expires

If your AFP expire, renew it just in case. Another way is do your AFP 6 months after you apply for 887. This will save some cost.

Scary Movie of Year 2019

My CO just called me…. Going to be trap for another 6 months.

What to upload cheat sheet.

1. Tax doc, employment contract, superannuation, bank statement showing salary, pay slip, PayG/ Group Cert

2. AFP, Oversea Police cert (longest time to acquire), Military release cert

3. Passport

4. Notification of incorrect Answers

5. Marriage cert, lease agreement

6. Form 80, 1221

7. Bank statement for 2 years, Car Rego/ Utility/ Phone bill/ Internet bill

8. Driver’s license Aussie

9. Rental agreement

10. Passport photo

11. Child - passport, birth cert, photo

12. Spouse- same as above, language is a letter from school/ IELTS

I hate filling in those forms! Especially notification of incorrect Answers

Go to your immi account/ update details/ XXXXXX. This is the easier way.

Bridging Visa for 887 is like IPhone Plus minus the headphone jack

Once you have bridging, you will have some difficulty travelling oversea. All you get is a Medicare card. Other condition in 489 remains.

Parents appearing in health assessment Immi account

Family Unit ....... Family members......family unit...... Family members.... Riddle me this

In the 887 application and reference to form 1497i

1.     Accompanying / non-accompanying Family unit = Spouse and child

2.     Other family members = brothers, sisters, mistress, father, mother

Now you understand, go and prepare a notification of incorrect answers.

My Baby look different from the passport!!!

1.     This is for 501 medical

2.     Download the form from this link  https://www.australia.gov.au/information-and-services/public-safety-and-law/statutory-declarations

3.     Select a few your baby's photos (4x6cm) from the passport date to the medical exam date then stick them at the form's footer.

4.     Get support from someone (not your relatives) to fill the form and do JP it.

5.     Example of the declarer’s content: "The passport's photo and the rest of other photographed are of the same child <your child full name> <DOB> <Address>".

I want to go for holiday, as my bridging Visa has not kick in.

Do you want to wait for 3 more months?

I am reluctant to submit a document due to “(enter your reason)”

When everybody got their 887…. (Backstreet boys - show me the meaning of being lonely….)

Do I need to submit form 1221, F80, spouse English, oversea AFP, Local AFP?

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes.... Now take a deep breath and repeat that 100 more times.

Can I have new friends?

You can have new friends unless they are going to become your wife, Facebook friend, tinder mate or you intend to kidnap …cough cough…. adopt a child. Please do it after you get your 887.

My Agent told me not to submit

So far 5 to 7 cases I can think of agent's decision is wrong.

Proof of residency****

At least 2 types, Rental and bank statement showing expenditure for 2 years. Print and show it to us too. ^_^

Proof of employment****

Salary and employment letter, Superannuation statement, Tax document, notice of assessment

Spouse English

Get your University to write a letter as university course materials might not be recognize by Australia.

Relationship with Spouse

Marriage cert is not enough, need to prove continuing relationship

Thanks for keeping this rolling forward @Sunnysideup! It's either you do some heads-up and do the easier way and find yourself in a rut the harder way. Cheers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JPSLTOZ said:

Mate,

You need to prove that you have worked only in Regional area for 1 year. Do you think you can get a reference letter from your company mentioning that ?  

Thanks for your reply I really appreciate it, They are happy to provide me the letter stating I will be working from Geelong( which is a Regional area) and Ive already been working full time in geelong from past 9 Months. do you recon Iam better off staying here wih my current company as they are Geelong based, and Once I finish 1 year here I can switch, just to minimise risk involved and less paperwork?

On 1/13/2019 at 10:19 AM, 02 Feb 18 said:

Comrade Russki

Here's something we could think about... as course of action

http://www.ombudsman.gov.au/How-we-can-help/immigration-ombudsman

Yessss!!!! 🙂 I have researched this option a while ago, but apparently we can only start complaining to ombudsman once we have UNSUCCESSFULLY complained to Global Feedback unit three times. 🙂 Which is what has just happened with me. So I am going to ombudsman now! 🙂  See what happens... 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sunit said:

With in how many days they reply you in email, I also done that last week , but still no reply 

They replied on same day, but they didn't forward my complaint to processing team, just closed my case and said "within processing time", which I am not. 🙂