887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

16 minutes ago, nudgee said:

I was living with my friend for 2 months. He wrote me a stat dec, he got a policeman from a local police station to sign the stat dec. However, there is no stamp from the police, just a signature with a 4 digi nimber(perhaps the police ID number) . Is the stat dec ok? 

Better use a pharmacist or a postal agent.

4 hours ago, nudgee said:

I was living with my friend for 2 months. He wrote me a stat dec, he got a policeman from a local police station to sign the stat dec. However, there is no stamp from the police, just a signature with a 4 digi nimber(perhaps the police ID number) . Is the stat dec ok? 

They should stamp as well. I don’t know why he didn’t stamp. But still it’s ok. 

14 hours ago, nudgee said:

I will apply 887 in this April. My existing company in Adelaide will close its office and reloacate  to Melbourne. I offered a team leader role in Melbourne but I know the condition of 489 I cannot work there. I don’t want to risk my PR, although it’s a attractive position. Guess I just need to look for a new job in Adelaide then. 

Another option is to apply for a 189 or 190.

With good English and Australian work experience, you may be able to get the points. The main problem of applying for a new visa is paying the fees again. But with a good job in your hands, it may worth the price.

The last option is asking for a sponsorship. Considering the company needs you, they may do.

Good luck anyway

Guys, good morning! 

Our petition is going ok, we have 1028 supporters now. 🙂 The nominated decision-makers have been emailed by Change.org to remind them about our petition. They are being emailed every time the petition reaches a milestone (5 signatures, 50, 100, 500, 1000, ...). Please keep spreading the word:

https://www.change.org/p/david-coleman-reduce-processing-time-for-887-pr-visa-to-7-months

🙂 💗

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Preax said:

• I am agreeing to live and work in my skilled occupation (or a closely related skilled occupation) in the NT for a minimum of two years after the Department of Immigration and Border Protection grants my Skilled Regional Nominated visa or after my entry into Australia on my Skilled Regional Nominated visa. 
• I am agreeing to: o keep Migration NT, Department of Business informed of:

■ when my visa has been granted

■ changes in my contact details for the first two years after the grant of my visa or my arrival in Australia after my visa is granted 

This is what is says in the commitment letter.

By applying for 887, it pre-supposes that you've met all the conditions in your commitment letter (2 years living, 1 year working). Nothing therefore stops you from moving to another regional area in another state. 489 visa is not tied to any particular state. We only live in our sponsored states out of pure courtesy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Russki said:

Guys, good morning! 

Our petition is going ok, we have 1028 supporters now. 🙂 The nominated decision-makers have been emailed by Change.org to remind them about our petition. They are being emailed every time the petition reaches a milestone (5 signatures, 50, 100, 500, 1000, ...). Please keep spreading the word:

https://www.change.org/p/david-coleman-reduce-processing-time-for-887-pr-visa-to-7-months

🙂 💗

I dont know if this makes any difference.. im really frustrated now.. i have been missing on opportunities since the time we have applied.. this is BS..

Well no surprise no grants today so far.. i was thinking they would have start processing now.. i mean for god sake holidays are pver

24 minutes ago, 10th feb said:

I dont know if this makes any difference.. im really frustrated now.. i have been missing on opportunities since the time we have applied.. this is BS..

Well no surprise no grants today so far.. i was thinking they would have start processing now.. i mean for god sake holidays are pver

Well, it may not make much difference on its own, granted, but it has gained a bit of strength since we launched it and can make a good argument if you are to complain to Global Feedback Unit, Australian Ombudsman, some MP or if you want to go to media with our story. 🙂  It is a good proof that there are enough people affected. 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Russki said:

Guys, good morning! 

🙂 💗

That's right ruski.. Yesterday I signed again and asked my couple of friends to sign and they did.. Hopefully it will work.. Thanks for making petition. 

• Thanks 1

I have sent a complaint to Global Feedback Unit today. Not hoping for an immediate grant, but just to remind them about my existence. And this is what I got back - a very irritated message saying: you have already complained twice before, stop contacting us as your application is STILL WITHIN PROCESSING TIME! 😄 😄 😄 Funniest thing I heard all day.

So I replied back to them sending the same link to immigration processing times and suggested they check it again, as I am hitting 16 months wait this month, and 16 months is clearly more than 12-14 months...

What can I say?! 🙂 They are struggling. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Russki said:

I have sent a complaint to Global Feedback Unit today. Not hoping for an immediate grant, but just to remind them about my existence. And this is what I got back - a very irritated message saying: you have already complained twice before, stop contacting us as your application is STILL WITHIN PROCESSING TIME! 😄 😄 😄 Funniest thing I heard all day.

So I replied back to them sending the same link to immigration processing times and suggested they check it again, as I am hitting 16 months wait this month, and 16 months is clearly more than 12-14 months...

What can I say?! 🙂 They are struggling. 

clear indication what processing time gonna be when they update it next week. Looks like internally they have changed already😀

23 minutes ago, DKAGG said:

clear indication what processing time gonna be when they update it next week. Looks like internally they have changed already😀

😄 😄 I think, they are just fobbing me off, because they are trained to protect the processing team from "nagging customers", hahaha! 😋

This is what the email says:

"Please be advised that your application was lodged on 25 September 2017 which is within current processing time. You can check the current processing time on https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/global-visa-processing-times."

Maybe, they thought it was 25 September 2018?! 🙄

5 hours ago, Russki said:

😄 😄 I think, they are just fobbing me off, because they are trained to protect the processing team from "nagging customers", hahaha! 😋

This is what the email says:

"Please be advised that your application was lodged on 25 September 2017 which is within current processing time. You can check the current processing time on https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/global-visa-processing-times."

Maybe, they thought it was 25 September 2018?! 🙄

It's so shame to be heard that message from the Global Unit Feedback.

However, they would make an excuse such as the up to 14 months processing time is for 90 % of applicants, probably your case is the 10% unfortunately 😞 

Anyway, still don't understand why it takes so long time to get the grant notification for this visa subclass as we already submitted all relevant documents when we applied for 489,  so they can simply consider the two main requirements and some other things which is very straight forward.

Surely, they delay it intentionally to make people staying in the regional area up to 4 years within 489 visa validity.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, nudgee said:

Can anyone please advice, can I go overseas for 3 months after I submit 887 application? My 489 will not expire until 2021. I don’t need to apply for BVB and I don’t need to inform CO, is that correct ? 

As far as I know,  if your 489 visa is still in valid,  you can travel overseas without giving them a notice or apply BVB because your bridging visa is not in effect. 

You can simply check your 887 bridging visa condition. 

As we all know,  the 887 visa processing time is getting longer and longer, so you don't have to worry about receiving pre-grant notification at all in this moment. 

As far as I know,  if your 489 visa is still in valid,  you can travel overseas without giving them a notice or apply BVB because your bridging visa is not in effect. 
You can simply check your 887 bridging visa condition. 
As we all know,  the 887 visa processing time is getting longer and longer, so you don't have to worry about receiving pre-grant notification at all in this moment. 

I have same question too, how about staying overseas more then 3 months? Does it gonna effect my application or not ??

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk