887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

14 minutes ago, James said:

Hi kevin i applied for 489 on april 2017 but my 485 visa was also granted on the same month however i got the bridging visa for 489 but was not active as i was on a 485 visa which is the graduate visa but my 489 was approved on sept 2017 what do you think i should apply on april 2019 or sept 2019 just curious before any changes implement after jul 2019 

you definitely need to wait until sept 2019 to apply. the requirement 2 years residency in designate area is not counted when you are in Bridging visa. 

6 minutes ago, Dragon_Lavie said:

you definitely need to wait until sept 2019 to apply. the requirement 2 years residency in designate area is not counted when you are in Bridging visa. 

But i stayed in the same region since i was on student visa and my condition is in the same region

Hi Guys,

I am planning to apply 887 soon. I think I got all the documents sorted except the overseas police clearance. I have applied for it but going to take 2months for it 😥

I am just wondering whether I can apply for 887 without the Police Clearance, with the receipt that I got it from our consulate confirming that I applied for it? And add that once I received it.

Thank you

5 minutes ago, R.Jay said:

Hi Guys,

I am planning to apply 887 soon. I think I got all the documents sorted except the overseas police clearance. I have applied for it but going to take 2months for it 😥

I am just wondering whether I can apply for 887 without the Police Clearance, with the receipt that I got it from our consulate confirming that I applied for it? And add that once I received it.

Thank you

You can apply without police clearance mate, you can add your attachment latter on. It not a big deal.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, R.Jay said:

Hi Guys,

Thank you

Go a head without PCC would be the better idea in these days because PCC only valid for 12 months from the date issued and currently processing time for 887 is 15 months. Smart option is if you do PCC after 8 or 9 months from the date you applied 887. That way you don’t have to do it again later on. Good luck

• Like 2

On 1/5/2019 at 6:05 AM, john snow said:

Dear Members,

i am new to this forum, i along with my family applied for 887 in March2018, so far not hearing anything. My wife's father is very sick and she wants to go back home to see her father. It's crucial time for her.Just wondering if it is safe to do so,Shall we inform the department? our 489 visa will gonna expire in July this year. Any advice shall be highly appreciated. Have a blessed new year. 

Dear John Snow

Yes it is safe to travel after you applied for 887 and you do not need to tell immi home affairs if you want to travel outside Australia while they process your application for 887 visa.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-887#HowTo

Travel after you apply.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Farha said:

Hi everyone, my family and I will be completing 2 years in regional NSW in March and will be applying for 887. Can someone please explain the process? Where do we start?  Thanks.

Hi Farha

As requested, here's a link  that explains the process and gives the step by step 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-887#HowTo

If  you need more help, feel free to ask.

🙂

14 minutes ago, 10th feb said:

Im actually scared now.. i hope they dont increase the timeframe again.. the way they are working i dont know whats in store for us..

Im putting in 2 to 3 complaints everyday..i would request everyone to do the same.. do it anonymously 

i do it everyday once. i really hope they start processing now. 

Anyone tried asking what’s your queue number? 887 goes by FIFO.

Maybe suggesting a queue number system instead of a general timeframe is a better idea.

we are the customers after all. Even Macdonald does it better.

Maybe suggesting a queue number system instead of a general timeframe is a better idea.
Who will suggest and where?
We can lodge complaint, email , call and just wait.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

On 1/6/2019 at 9:44 AM, Delfin said:

That last part is a bit confusing to me. Correct me if I'm wrong.

1. You move to Bridging Visa only when your 489 has expired.

2. That means that you have to apply for 887 BEFORE your 489 expires.

3. All work and residential documents that are created after your 887 lodgement date cannot be used as part of your evidence.

So I don't understand how documents that are produced after your lodgement date can still count to meet 887 requirement.

U totally misunderstood. It's all talking about the bridging visa of 489, not a 887 bridging visa. 

I clearly mentioned that 489 onshore applicant only.  ( 489 bridging visa until your 489 grant. )  

9 hours ago, James said:

Hi kevin i applied for 489 on april 2017 but my 485 visa was also granted on the same month however i got the bridging visa for 489 but was not active as i was on a 485 visa which is the graduate visa but my 489 was approved on sept 2017 what do you think i should apply on april 2019 or sept 2019 just curious before any changes implement after jul 2019 

It is very simple. 

You can't even make an application until you meet the 2 years requirement on the website. 

You can simply try to make an application on the website, somehow you will see an error saying " you do not hold a valid prerequisite visa to enable this service " 

As soon as you are qualified to apply for 887 visa in accordance with 1136 (7)(b) in Migration Regulation, the error will be removed and you are eligible to apply for 887 visa. 

As I mentioned, the time you spent as a bridging visa holder of 489 (Only in effect) is counted for 2 years residence requirement and 1 year full-time work, however, there is another condition " Hold a 489 visa at least for 2 years "

Cheers  

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Dragon_Lavie said:

Yeah but it does not count into "2 year residency requirement" so basically, the date when you granted visa 489 will be your first day. 

Hi, that's what I thought before, but I had a conversation with one of the manager in 887 department in regards to the 2 years and 1 year working condition. 

I read all the provisions of 887 visa in the migration regulation 1994 and discussed her in regards to the time spent as a bridging visa holder of 489. 

She clearly answered that the time we spent as a bridging visa holder can be counting in the 2 years residence and 1 year full-time working criteria. 

However, due to the another condition of 1136 (7)(b), it does not mean that we can apply for 887 visa at earlier stage, which is we need to hold a 489 visa at least for 2 years. 

For example, If I had a bridging visa which was in effect on 01/12/2017 and 489 visa was granted 01/03/2018. 

If I was staying in Regional area and working full-time between these period, it is still valid to count in 2 years residence and 1 year full-time requirements. 

However, I am only eligible to apply for 887 visa from 30/11/2019 which is after 730 days from the day of 489 grant. 

Cheers  

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Sunnysideup said:

You are absolutely spot on @Sunnysideup!!! Nice to know where you are in the queue, so you can at least have a feeling of having some control over the situation, a bit of reassurance. And can plan your overseas holidays if you know you are far enough in the queue! 🙂 

The only FIFO I know is "fly in, fly out" for miners working in remote areas! 😄 😄 😄 

17 minutes ago, nudgee said:

Hi Can anyone advice if we can do the medical examination prior to request from CO? if so, what type of medical test we are required to do for the 887 visa? Thanks  

Medical tests generally are only required for newborn babies when you apply for 887. 🙂  So if you do not have a new baby, you will not need a medical most likely. 

• Thanks 1

Medical tests generally are only required for newborn babies when you apply for 887. [emoji846]  So if you do not have a new baby, you will not need a medical most likely. 

I believe heath examinations are required. Attached screenshot from DHA website....cheers!
a08c33334cfbd23d1f8975c7d09096c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Mariner said:

I believe heath examinations are required. Attached screenshot from DHA website....cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, in all honesty, I have not heard of one person yet who were asked for a medical when applying for 887 after holding 489 - that of course does not mean such person don't exist. 🙂 🙂 I think, the medical that you undertake when applying for 489 counts as a tick for 887, too. 🙂 Guys, please let us know if anyone knows more about this?

@Mariner, please check your immi account, it should state there if you need a medical. I assume you already applied for 887? 😉 

• Like 1